Gwent Trackers can display face-down ambush cards

+
Gwent Trackers can display face-down ambush cards

Title pretty much says it all. I have no problems with trackers, as they don't do anything someone can't do with a pen and pencil. However, I recently found out that gwent trackers will tell you what ambush card your opponent has played even if they're still face down. This needs to be fixed immediately.

As a reminder, CDPR neither endorses, nor encourages the use of third-party tracking add-ons, and, as such, does not control what they can and cannot do. If trackers are being used to cheat, however, and the issue is becoming a significant problem, it can at least be reported to Gwent Support.

Marktheshark04;n10187372 said:
I recently found out that gwent trackers will tell you what ambush card your opponent has played even if they're still face down

Oh really.

How did you "find that out"? Did somebody else tell you? Or you saw it for yourself? Because the trackers I've used do NOT tell you what ambush card was played.

Marktheshark04;n10187372 said:
I have no problems with trackers, as they don't do anything someone can't do with a pen and pencil.

Thats the biggest excuse people use to hide the fact that they are having an external program do the work for them, if you could actually remember what cards where in your deck you wouldnt be using a deck tracker in the first place.
And then there is also the fact that it saves information from your opponent without their consent wich is theft in a way.

Shuls02;n10187852 said:
saves information from your opponent without their consent

So writing down the same information on paper would be considered theft as well?

Last edited:
SentryOmega;n10187942 said:
So writing down the same information on paper would be considered theft as well?

You know you can use Word or the NotePad too right? you dont need to use paper anymore... :huh:

In all seriousness tho the difference is that I agree to share info with my oponents by playing matches with them but by no means do I agree to share any info with some 3rd party program devs that arent playing the game, they are just leeching data from it.
I mean there is a reason why programs tend to have terms of agreements you have to accept in order to let them play around with your info/files.

Last edited:
SentryOmega;n10187772 said:
Oh really.

How did you "find that out"? Did somebody else tell you? Or you saw it for yourself? Because the trackers I've used do NOT tell you what ambush card was played.

Personally, I've seen this on Swim's streem. As I remember, etwa 3k persons saw this too.

Whilst thread seems to have wandered off course a touch, I don't generally have an issue with people using "trackers", but the effect that they can see face down Ambush cards is just another nail in this archetype's coffin (after patch nerfs to Ambush cards), and as per previous musings on this, Ambush should go the way of the dodo and CDPR should just do away with it all together; it's underdeveloped, clunky, most ambush cards are weak, has very little synergy with the rest of the faction and isn't really a thing that anybody builds an ST deck around...

If using this 3rd party software gives unfair advantage over those not using it, then their use should be stopped - simple as that.

Kirschtorte;n10188072 said:
Personally, I've seen this on Swim's streem. As I remember, etwa 3k persons saw this too.

This is exactly where I saw it as well (his youtube video from yesterday actually). Shame that he knew it worked like that and still used it anyway.

Seems a good portion of posters here decided to hijack the thread and debate "moral ethics" of using a tracker. Thanks for keeping to the actual subject matter :facepalm:

OvaPick;n10194332 said:
As i know , you can see the ambush cards from the cards history before it's flip

Basicly this. You don`t need a tracker to know what ambush card was played. Just hover over in history, and you can easily deduce what`s played.

SoSaHer;n10194472 said:
Basicly this. You don`t need a tracker to know what ambush card was played. Just hover over in history, and you can easily deduce what`s played.

Pssh - what's the entire point of ambush as an archetype then if the actual game is going to tell you what the face down card is? What a waste of time...
TBH I'd never realised this until now - how stupid do I feel investing some of my time into this archetype. :(

Snake_Foxhounder;n10194642 said:
Just to make this more visible. This issue is present without trackers.

Ah... so this might have been introduced in last patch?Is that the theory here?

Top Bottom