Do you like one month or two month seasons?

+

Do you like one month or two month seasons?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Don't really care, to be honest. Not like I'd ever get past 18 even if the seasons lasted for three months. :p

Well, there are 1 month seasons now, which means that the time to climb up is reduced, but the rewards for season end were halved :eek: I find this weird, considering...

Raunbjorn

Prefered the 2 month season. It made it a bit more "special" so to speak since it lasted longer and we didn't have to worry about forfeiting/tanking games. Also the rewards now are worse so...

I'm not sure to be honest. The fact that no one hit 4.7k in a 2 month season, while 4.8k is required for 21 now, looks a bit harsh. But well, not like everyone aims for grandmaster anyway.

So far not liking it. I'd love to check out pro ladder some day but don't have the time to play all day. I refuse to run net decks as well. So far leveling is looking about the same speed not faster.. So that means a 1 month season will be a super long grind only to have to do it again in a few days after a new season starts.

I have to agree with others in this thread: ranking up is not faster. As it is, I play a lot of games per day. I don't have time to double that rate, and given my frustration with the imbalance of the current build, I feel this will be my last season unless CDPR does something impressive with the next patch.

I don't like 1 month seasons because you literally have to play more ranked. 2 months was great, you would make a few ranked games once every few days, other than that chill in casuals.

XHawk93X;n10261272 said:
If the season lasts only 1 month we can get more rewards at the end

No, because they halved all the season and rank up rewards.

They didn't change the MMR system (except that you start with 1/2 of your last season's MMR instead of a 1/3) so you have to play twice as much to achieve the same.

Last edited:
Depends on how long it takes to rank up. If it turns out to be a grind, I kinda prefer a longer season (then you can take your time to get there...). If it's fast enough one month seems okay for me.

I think it's terrible as 1 month. I always reached 4.3k+ in seasons for the portrait, but right now I feel I'm just grinding without an end. Less rewards and more grind, it's definetly bad. Even if we got a little more points (I did not notice that, but maybe at higher ranks), it just requires a lot more free time. Every month, I need to play twice as much Gwent, for half that much reward. Really disappointed.

It's almost feels like HS, where we got one shiny epic card for a month grind. At least we got more unique portraits, but still meh.

Raunbjorn

devivre;n10261762 said:
Depends on how long it takes to rank up. If it turns out to be a grind, I kinda prefer a longer season (then you can take your time to get there...). If it's fast enough one month seems okay for me.

They won't change the mmr rate so it's gonna be a grindfest from now on...

Am I the only one that realised that it's clearly not half the rank rewards, its like halved and then halved again.

My breakdown is like this
to achieve rank 18 as I did

Old system was like
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 kegs or something like that maybe even more and you got those from which you already surpassed the rank for. (if I remember these rewards correctly)
Then end of season was your rank = n - 1

New system was like
2,2,3 at rank levels 13,16 and 18 respectively
season end 9 (rank = n/2)

So now I achieve 18 kegs over one month instead of 36+17=~53 kegs over two months.

Then not to imagine these scrap and meteorite powder values but I assume these are much lower and I don't expect to hit the same rank within a month so these values are already skewed.

But then I also consider that questing is a new form of reward to counterbalance this equation. But I only play casually enough to hit maybe 5 extra kegs per month from these quest rewards and sometimes I get a tricky quest like win 5 games with NR (my win ratio with NR is ~25% compared to with my best factions ~60-70%). I am simply better off leaving the quest in some cases to achieve the overall daily 6/18 round reward and I only do these quests so that I don't get 3 quests built up that are difficult to finish, thus bricking my quest pool.

Top Bottom