I'm starting to really dislike VILGEFORTZ

+
I'm starting to really dislike VILGEFORTZ

I don' know if VILGEFORTZ is just broken or if he's just stupid and CDPR wants to depict him that way. It's no secret that he can pull roach as the card he instantly plays for you after you destroy one of your own loyal cards which is bad enough but he can also pull many things that are completely useless and can net you less then his 9 strength body. Like for example if you use him to kill a slave driver and the next card you instantly play is an OINTMENT and you choose resurrect so you can resurrect the slave driver you just had VILGEFORTZ destroy, it will not let you. It doesnt register that the slave driver is in yout graveyard until his entire ability is done triggering. I definitely feel like the order in which things trigger with this card is off. The only thing I can think of as to why the order of triggers are in its current state is because he could be abused otherwise. I cannot think of anyway he could be abused especially with how roach triggers with this card. CDPR needs to let roach trigger before his ability and needs to think about the fact that if he destroys a card, that card should immediately go into the graveyard so the next card that he instantly summons can interact with it.

Lol, I was expecting a rant about how Vilgefortz can kill Ciri: Nova, which is indeed something of a problem. If your own Vilgefortz is giving you trouble, you can always not run him (or build a deck better able to utilize him).

mfool123;n10240142 said:
... I definitely feel like the order in which things trigger with this card is off...
We have a plethora of those.

Jeydra;n10240202 said:
Lol, I was expecting a rant about how Vilgefortz can kill Ciri: Nova, which is indeed something of a problem...
I do not find it as such. If she gets killed killed opponent draws a card, which could be pretty much devastating too in this day and age.

partci;n10240262 said:
We have a plethora of those.

I do not find it as such. If she gets killed killed opponent draws a card, which could be pretty much devastating too in this day and age.

Mill is your friend :doubt2:

Wow, did not see this coming at all. I love this card since he is such a good allrounder.

-swaps away those pesky 1 power card
-kills spies
-kills high power enemies
-always grants his own power 9
-super sweet animation on premium card (and the screaming, oh how he screams)

TheEpicWhale;n10240442 said:
Wow, did not see this coming at all. I love this card since he is such a good allrounder.

-kills spies

this^

He is a very useful and versatile card, but not overpower in my opinion.
Unless you are getting milled or stack power on one card (Which you shouldn't let these happen in the first place), you are fine against it

partci;n10240262 said:

Vilgefortz is 9 points. Killing Ciri: Nova is worth 25 points. Opponent does draw a card, but how many cards are worth 34 points? Keep in mind as well that Ciri: Nova is typically played in the last turns of the game as well, when the card advantage war is mostly over.

-kills spies

Yup :p Exactly xD Especially the last part, it was the first card I transmuted and put on my profile card.

But yeah, the order is a bit off, but you really should build a deck to better utilize him. Dump Roach for example and replace him with a more useful silver. I stopped running Vilgefortz in my reveal deck with Mangonels because there was rarely a target he could destroy and if I chose allies he'd just end up playing a daerlan soldier usually. While a great card, there is a concept for everything. He just might not be suited for your deck, so either swap out him, or the deck :)

(you mentioned ointments, so I have to say, in the case of Alchemy Nilfgaard, I feel running Cahir, Vesemir, Trial of the grasses and Letho: Kingslayer is a more powerful gold squad :) )

Jeydra;n10241782 said:
Vilgefortz is 9 points. Killing Ciri: Nova is worth 25 points. Opponent does draw a card, but how many cards are worth 34 points? Keep in mind as well that Ciri: Nova is typically played in the last turns of the game as well, when the card advantage war is mostly over.

Scorch is 0 points Silver and kills Nova as efficiently while opponent gets nothing from it, opposite to a GOLD Vilgefortz. Or a GOLD 10 STR Borkh. Or a double Scorch 5 STR Yen: Tremors. Why should one GOLD not provide point wise as another does, did you asked yourself this question?

And yes m0bius8 in this dorfuarking meta, Mill has become my friend. :cheers:

Vilgefortz is probably the least of the problems in game. Unless you planned what you gonna pull (which requires setup), it's just another fishing card or a scorch that gives your enemy CA. Balanced.

partci;n10242842 said:
Scorch is 0 points Silver and kills Nova as efficiently while opponent gets nothing from it, opposite to a GOLD Vilgefortz. Or a GOLD 10 STR Borkh. Or a double Scorch 5 STR Yen: Tremors. Why should one GOLD not provide point wise as another does, did you asked yourself this question?

Scorch effects are not always worth 25 points, and it's possible for them to be dead. Vilgefortz is never dead and will always be able to eat a Medic if it doesn't have a good unit to kill. Have you ever considered that?

You cannot compare Vilgefortz with a Scorch really.

Since one of them can also burn multiple equal power units and the other can remove a power 1 unit of yourself and give you a new card.

There is nothing wrong with Vilgefortz, just learn how he works and use him accordingly.

Few posts deleted. Please, only post something that actually adds value to this discussion, instead of just arguing.

Jeydra;n10240202 said:
Lol, I was expecting a rant about how Vilgefortz can kill Ciri: Nova, which is indeed something of a problem.
A problem? Interacting with opponent's side is a problem now? Lmao.

It's working as intended, since Roach is only pulled after a Gold's deploy is resolved. Unlucky, but not a bug.

Also, thread merged.

Top Bottom