Devana runestone crippled because of Crones

+
Devana runestone crippled because of Crones

I like the new runestones a lot.

But i have noticed that the Devana runestone option are less appealing because 3 (13%) of the 22 Monster silvers are Crones

Those 3 are only silver because they summon eachother. other than that they are fairly low powered units.

Combined with cards like She-troll, Ruehin and Shadow, who are somewhat situational.

You can end up with a very underwhelming hand.

Should Crones be removed from the pool this card draws from?

The lack of all purpose silvers hurts the Runestone's viability. Removing Crones from the equation might be a good workaround. If that's going to happen, CDPR should also look at the NR counterpart with Lubberkin and Botchling, which incidentally, might also need to be removed from Adda's card pool.

ZenaRose;n10261822 said:
Same with Adda, who always try to create one or both of botchling/lubberkin LUL
NR runestone also does that

TheEpicWhale;n10261572 said:
But i have noticed that the Devana runestone option are less appealing because 3 (13%) of the 22 Monster silvers are Crones

You've not had the pleasure of having the choices from that runestone being one of each of the crones :wink:

But that's fine - some factions have better runestones than others. Or you could argue it's a reflection of relative silver power for those factions. The main reason to run a runestone is to leverage a 2nd copy of a silver. If you wanted a swiss army knife, you'd hae taken the relevant mage

4RM3D;n10261632 said:
Removing Crones from the equation might be a good workaround
I disagree, it makes getting one of the other options far more probable

Last edited:
Or just change the crones to " summon all SILVER Crones units"

Also I initially thought that with the lubberkins / botchlings that if i used add to create one it would summon it;s counterpart which in turn summon it;s counterpart. I was kinda devo it didn't work. Maybe it should?

Moral of the story: play Runestone with Crones, play Runestone when no Crones in hand.

partci;n10263992 said:
Moral of the story: play Runestone with Crones, play Runestone when no Crones in hand.

That would still leave the Crone you choose in your deck.
Meaning that now your deck contains a low power silver that does nothing (if you even run Crones)

Runestones are pretty lame for just this reason. Some are better than others when you factor in the shit silvers that are very situational. One thing I don't like about create is how it spawns cards that you would only ever want to play with other specific cards.

TheEpicWhale;n10267232 said:
That would still leave the Crone you choose in your deck...

What you mean? You'll play 4 instead of 3 Crones (if you don't have one in your hand), while playing the Runestone. Those are free 6/8 points and thinning of 3.

partci;n10267402 said:
What you mean? You'll play 4 instead of 3 Crones (if you don't have one in your hand), while playing the Runestone. Those are free 6/8 points and thinning of 3.

Nope you dont. the card doesnt say you spawn all Crones. The card you pick spawns the other 2 Crones but leaves the copy in your deck.

Whispess only summons Brewess and Weavess (so Whispess copy stays in deck)
Brewess only summons Whispess and Weavess
Weavess only summons Brewess and Whispess

So you still end up with a power 6 or 8 silver left in your deck

Well, didn't knew of that, so considering the info, you do not play MS Runestone.

... and I just have got a Premium one...

Top Bottom