Gwent not good for my health.

+
Gwent not good for my health.

Gwent drives me to want to drink and do bad things. Not much can make my blood boil like playing match after match of dwarves and reveal.

Well, I can't say I haven't been guilty of raging due to bad plays and matchups. But usually, that's my fault :) Not the people playing those decks they are playing. The only play I can't tolerate is CA spy and Summoning circle on the first 2 turns after having won coinflip. Literally everything aside from that, even matchups I hate, are usually not the people playing them, but me.

If you think taking a break works for you, then do so frequently. For me, I prefer to play under the pressure, after having raged because nothing can calm me down more than a good win :p

A break is needed until some more changes happen. I'm at the point getting kegs doesn't matter as I have scraps galore saved. the problem I have is I care about the game. I can't be part of the join crowd. Can you tell me you actually enjoy playing match after match of the same thing? So many cards to pick up everyone I play is using the same handful.

I cant play in gwent too. Current meta just pisses me off. Stupid point vomiting on deck. Hearthstone died because it cloaque with pirates, Gwent now is cloaque with dorfs/spies.
CDPR, ALL WE NEED IS BALLANCE PATCH, not gwentopen!

Trying (and ultimately failing) to reach rank 20 last season certainly made me feel the same was as the OP. I couldn't get past rank 19. All the more reason why avatar rewards shouldn't be locked behind such difficulty IMO.

Sigurd_3;n10273012 said:
Trying (and ultimately failing) to reach rank 20 last season certainly made me feel the same was as the OP. I couldn't get past rank 19. All the more reason why avatar rewards shouldn't be locked behind such difficulty IMO.

In this season they make it even harder \ grindier to reach high ranks. Actually, the GRiND is the best word. Cause position in leaderboard is determined by the amount of time player have and not so much by skill. It's just ridiculous cause in previous two months seasons and lower mmr requirements even a try hard streamers was playing like 12 hours a day and barely reached GM. Now it's 1 month and higher mmr req. FeelsGoodMan.

alexandr22;n10271172 said:
Hey man no one forces you to play for win . Just play for daily quests and ores until they fix the game

Most people play to (at least) be competitive, if not win a majority of matches. I'm not one to play for daily quests and ore, because I have a lot of ore and all the cards I want. I play to compete in a game that offers the tools to expressive creativity. Gwent is not there, yet.

KasumiGoto;n10277402 said:
Tbh I'm more bored of playing against Nilfgaard literally 3 out of 5 games.

Before I took my hiatus, I was getting NG around 1/5 of the matches. 3/5 were dwarves, and the other 1/5 varied (probably SK bears/axemen)

I love playing an archetype over and over as long as I get positive win ratio. worst is when you face mirrors that it all comes down to who drew more critical cards (better luck) which is nothing new for gwent hardcore players.
all my hope is now on draft mode to keep things fresh and of course with its own set of prizes. main thing that makes me put my sanity in jeopardy playing ranked is the rewards.

Yeah I just started Gwent after getting extremely bored playing "Patternstone" aka Hearthstone because there the design is fixed to play cards out early 100% of the time in perfect order. Nearly - doesnt do it exactly 100% so Blizzard or fans of them can say no no its all random and skill skill that wins!

So on to Gwent. Yep play all the beginner and its designed so you win them all easily. Now on to multiplayer. Okay, you have the best boost boost boost cards and yep - most often seen opponent is Dwarves . Boost Boost Boost so this guy becomes a 20, this one a 17, this one another 17 etc. Okay this is getting boring fast.

So now slog through Quests of play X amount of cards, play X amount of ranked, Win X amount of rounds. Slog Slog Slog - loss loss loss to Dwarves or look I have the legend card that destroys your highest card or look I have cars that return cards back to me so I always have more cards than you.

And because I am a Free to play player much like Hearthstone I have to play through it the unenjoyable to maybe one day get enough good cards for it to be fun before new cards are released and back to the Power Creep.

Nah. I will pass on CCGs. They are all the same. Great Artwork etc - but game play is so boring. Matches do take a long time especially when you know you your cards suck and you dont have the OP ones to eventually lose this 15 minute snore fest.

Seems if you take any game to competitively this is bound to happen. What makes it worse in this kind of game however is the luck involved in every game. My advice, try turning your anger into motivation for doing some push-ups or something. Or use it to get up and do something productive. The best thing to do is to take a break.

Mancoon1980;n10267512 said:
Gwent drives me to want to drink and do bad things. Not much can make my blood boil like playing match after match of dwarves and reveal.

Modern video game developers are amateurs, this is why more and more we have toxic communities and games that just piss you off. You can tell they are amateurs because they're trying to design multiplayer games like they're single player games.

Single player games can have moves that are ridiculously overpowered because there's no one on the other side to complain about it. But in a multiplayer game you cannot have huge uncontrollable swings of power because someone has to be on the receiving end of it. If you have one person feeling super powerful and awesome in a multiplayer game, then that means there is someone feeling the opposite - which is where the toxicity and rage stems from.

Last edited:
fodare;n10295642 said:
If you have one person feeling super powerful and awesome in a multiplayer game, then that means there is someone feeling the opposite - which is where the toxicity and rage stems from.

You can find toxicity in any community where people meet online. That's just the nature of some people. This is made worse in communities that have competitive games, like Gwent. No matter how good a game is, some players will always find something to complain about and some others will stop at nothing to prove their point. When the Unstoppable Force meets the Immovable Object, the community explodes, as it has happened on numerous occasions. It's the vocal minority ruining the experience for everyone else.

Top Bottom