Cannot ressurect Kaedweni Revenant?

+
Cannot ressurect Kaedweni Revenant?

Heya. Just put together a revenant deck, love the theme.

I'm confused though, I play Kaedweni Revenant, and it dies or is discarded after both players pass. Then it dissapears from the graveyard, and cannot be ressurected by sabrinas specter. I cant see any reason why in any tooltip or explanation in the game, what am I missing?

thanks for the help!

ser2440;n10275052 said:
I guess it's because your graveyard would be flooded with revenants otherwise :p

Meanwhile... Don't mind me, while I clog up your graveyard.

Yeah I know xD many cards do :p Arachas if bred, etc etc.

Seriously though, I don't know why. I think it shouldn't be doomed. Right now Sabrina's spectre's got very little use :p

Sabrina is still very good. There are enough targets for her which all have trigger effects when they get replayed.

Reviving revenants might be too much.

Oh damn... I wish there would have been any sort of help text, anywhere, that explained that "doomed " cannot be resurrected BEFORE I spent a ton of scraps building this deck :S

Can I somewhere petition to get scrap back? The deck doesnt really work very well at all when the revenants are one pop and done...

Yeah how the hell are you supposed to know that doomed units can't be resurrected? Another instance of mechanics that seemingly come out of nowhere.

Problem is its weak. The armour isn't even right on it. Says 2 but shows up as 1 ( maybe this changed with the new hot fix?) It can be removed very easily. The times you don't remove it can get out of hand though.

fatesDecision;n10279072 said:
Yeah how the hell are you supposed to know that doomed units can't be resurrected? Another instance of mechanics that seemingly come out of nowhere.

All of the card's tags and abilities are explained when you hover over the card.

fatesDecision;n10279072 said:

4RM3D;n10280032 said:
All of the card's tags and abilities are explained when you hover over the card.

Yes, the tags do show up when you hover over the card, absolutely. However, there is nowhere ingame that I have found that tells me the "doomed" tag isnt just another descriptor/category, but actually removes the card from the graveyard and thus disallows resurrecting. It's the lack of this piece of crucial information that makes the 3000 scrap I spent building the deck a bit of a sore point.

Mancoon1980;n10279192 said:
Problem is its weak. The armour isn't even right on it. Says 2 but shows up as 1 ( maybe this changed with the new hot fix?) It can be removed very easily. The times you don't remove it can get out of hand though.

I've been playing a lot with this deck in casual the past couple of days, and it really doesnt work well at all. The revenant is indeed so very, very easy to get rid of, and that just stops any chain cold. Even if I get one or two pops out of it, so what? It's a 4-8 strength swing, certainly nothing to write home about. Just kill the latest revenant, and there you go. No way to restart the chain except getting lucky with Adda. :(

One more armour would actually make it slightly better, a lot of things do 5 damage. But I would really prefer if at least Sabrinas spectre could spawn one. A damn shame, such a cool concept, and it seems they over compensated and made it way too weak.

Yeah most games it just killed off quickly with viper witchers and assassins. Only times I get success is if I'm against armour or consume but still can't match in points, if I didn't use Ciri as a finisher I wouldn't have much luck with the deck though. I really like the potential of the nr cursed deck though. I'd like to see the card be 6 and 2. That may help it a bit.

The thing for me about Revenants is that it gives you points on your side of the board when you play control, which is something that control does not really do when played just from hand. Okay, tremors (even better Ithlinne+Tremors) is good at spawning on your side too, but a raw Alzurs, or a Mardroeme (sorry, 'mushrooms'), or weather, epidemic, lacerate, overdose, arachas venom, crows eye, boulder and spear only target enemy points and need a card to either tutor for them or they need a Revenant if you want any points.

Revenant is the kind of card that a good control deck needs in this heavy tempo meta and actually, the deck does a good job at this imo with all the spell/Item tutoring so to me the cursed archetype is clearly designed with this in mind. The issue is your opponent knows what you're doing the moment you play the first one & it's really too easy to shut them down - 4str w/ 2 armour (well, actually 1 armour). And once shut down w/ the doomed tag they remain shut down. I fully agree they do need something to make them a little more competitive.

Top Bottom