Poll what would you rather pay for

+

• Support third party sponsorship (if they agree to invest in gwent.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

I think a lot of recent complaints about gwent are tied to a singular problem, gwent gets repetitive. We need new factions, modes, campaigns, tournaments, etc... So with that in mind would you rather

Guest_4248742

I want more content less cards which deal damage there are too many deal 9-10-13 dmg cards in the game this is boring .

Also new mechanics to remove creatures not just deal x amount of damage this gets way too boring .

What I'd really be happy with, is a revert of the Midwinter patch and a re-do, reevaluation of the cards added and tweaked.

Keep it basic, keep it in keeping with the actual Gwent experience of Witcher 3. It's a fantastic game. Don't spoil it with powercreeping and forced high value cards for the sake of longevity (coughHearthstoneCOUGH), adding cards that don't fit and don't belong. VE is one that springs to mind, Reveal is about playing around your opponents hand and interacting with your own cards, not stealing their ability to fight back and robbing their right to a fun experience.

luisdiazepam;n10278992 said:
Also new mechanics to remove creatures not just deal x amount of damage this gets way too boring .

Also stuff like this is fantastic. Tweak cards to allow more tailoring rather than cookie cutter decks. Vernon Roche dealing increasing damage per Elf/Dwarf and less damage per humans, or even an instant removal of an Elf/Dwarf for consistency, would allow players to make decks around other factions or around play styles. Adding their identity from the Witcher series into card form is never a bad thing, and it's certainly not a bad place to start when designing cards.

Last edited:
Ok so it is early (only 7 votes) but I have to say I am very surprised by the result. I would think the idea of paying for thronebreaker before it finishes development and then getting it on day one for free (with the option of paying more for special features like concept art or behind the scenes videos with the developers) would be more popular. I have read on several different threads how many people are dissatisfied with buying kegs (too random and little chance of silver or gold cards.)

The corporate sponsorship idea actually came from something the television show Chuck did with subway. Fans sent letters to subway and when subway started product placement in the show (which it sponsored) sales went up (thus more sponsorship.) I guess people really don't care for it.

I would gladly pay a few million dollars for them to make the game very complex and intricate with a lot of subtleties. ... Too bad I have none...
​​​​​
:sad:

BTW. How much do I have to pay to put my face in the game. Smth smth...Pavko...smth smth;)
​​​

Last edited:
I believe the OP raises a good point, actually! This shows an attempt to problem solve instead of simply complain -- and I'm always behind that mentality. However, there are three things I present to back up my vote for "Maintain the current system".

1.) Whether development is funded in-house (which is the ideal way to produce anything), funded by a third-party (which means developers must then answer to a "Producer"...like EA, Zenimax, Ubisoft, etc.), or Kickstarted (["Kickstarter-ed"?] which means that development will be pressured to follow a pre-determined focus and scope...a doomsday countdown for pretty much any creative venture...and a major reason many Kickstarters fail.)

2.) Whether any of the three options above are used, development will always arrive at a point where it's necessary to put "coat after coat of paint on the same walls". That's just the nature of development. It's part of the job. Imagine what the developers and beta-testers of Dark Souls felt like during the game's production. A game specifically focused on making players fight the exact same enemies, in the exact same places, over, and over, and over again...by design. I'm sure their beta testers felt like they were in grey, lifeless, bizarro-world (no pun intended) after only a matter of weeks. Firstly, all of the intended features of a game must be added (the goal of any alpha). Secondly, once all of those features are working mechanically, content must be expanded and real bug-fixing can begin (the goal of any beta). It's not until the latest stages of beta that "polish" can begin, where pass after pass is made to ensure that things are balanced, full of variety, and fun. In other words, I don't wax the car until the engine is tuned up, the wheels balanced, the leather interior is installed, it's painted and dried, and it's thoroughly washed. Only then do I polish it to make it shiny and take it out for a pleasure cruise for fun. Lots of work to do yet.

3.) I can't express how important it is to finish something once it's started. Could the game have been made all three ways? Probably! But switching funding options at this point would simply drop the present focus and invite a whole new group of people to "direct" its production. In a sense, abandoning the present development and switching to a new project. That's normally disaster in a bottle. Too many captains on the boat...a loss of direction and vision. Best bet is to see the course through to the end. Nothing guarantees success -- except experience. And if I walk the entire path, I am guaranteed experience. (Besides, I've done a little content writing for game studios in the past, and been involved in their development, meetings, etc. I've seen two fail, and neither was a surprise. In my opinion, Gwent's development feels like it's moving along at a pretty good clip.)

Believe it or not there is actually a big team working on gwent. I thought maybe 20 but recently learned the team is 100 people or more. I'd think with that amount of a team everything could be handled in house.

Guest 4021160

100 people? No wonder they have trouble managing it. 1 person cant possibly manage 100 employees. So they have to have more than one. And heres your problem. More than 1 manager.

As others have said, a Kickstarter for a game that's already in open beta and people have spent money on? No thank you. They have the money of that there's little doubt. Maybe try again with another poll.

Karolis.petrikas;n10288572 said:
100 people? No wonder they have trouble managing it. 1 person cant possibly manage 100 employees. So they have to have more than one. And heres your problem. More than 1 manager.

If that were true, then I wouldn't have been able to manage 178 high school students (in just my classrooms), a department of 11 English teachers, and all of the parents (many of whom did not speak English), all while fending off administrators, board members, and government officials with a (non-pointed) stick...by myself. And yet I did that for 2 years. It sucked, and I will never do it again. But we maintained a 90+% graduation rate.

Delegation. Trust. Patience. Realistic attitude. Sense of humor.

No drama. No blame. No rushing.

Forward motion.

Top Bottom