Ciri nova the queen of Gwent

+

Ciri nova the queen of Gwent

• Total voters
4RM3D;n10452762 said:
CallMeHoot thread merged

PS. I never did see many Ciri: Nova decks. After the patch, I still don't see that many.

We must be playing different games then, mate :)

If I'm not exaggerating at all, then I see Nova in between 1/2 to 1/3 of all the matches I play.

How the ciri nova nerf is even worse than anything I could ever think of in one pic.

Genius. "Grate game design".

Attachments

• photo196852.png
    photo196852.png
    663.3 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
I was clearing out tabs on my desktop browser and noticed the tab to these forums was over a month old. I quit the game a month ago. Ciri: Nova was single-handedly the reason I haven't played Gwent since, and I wanted to see if they fixed their mistake. I see that they have not. Closing the tab now :)

So she's your final play of the game and works so long as your opponent doesn't remove or copy her with Didu?

I'm guessing you can play spying cards to up the odds of her being your final play while your opponent has no cards left in hand

Does the game have any on board triggers that slow down cards that boost themselves?

It would be a pretty easy counter for her in the future by making players take a bigger risk to hold her until the end

I also think that Card is kind of unfair. I had her in my Deck too for quite some time, but it feelt kind of cheap after some time. I dont remember any time (!) i lost wenn I had her at my Hand (when the other Player didnt also had her).
It wasn`t even a challenge anymore, so I took her out - Just to get beaten the next 12 Rounds with her xD
Also I don`t understand how People keep sayin` that its a disadventage that you have to build a Deck with only 2 Duplicates, was never a Problem for me...
As cool as she might be sometimes, i think a strenght of 18 to max 19 should do it. Everything else is somehow simply a cheap Win.

I think CNova is a good example of the type of card you don't want in the game. Theoretically you should never create a card that will always be used exactly the same way under all circumstances. Tell me, why would anyone ever not play CNova as their last card of the game? At that point it's usually too late for the opposing player to have any chance of doing anything about it so that's typically the only smart play for CNova. Since that's pretty much always how the card is used it becomes an impossible to beat card under most circumstances unless the opponent already has a staggering lead.

Maybe this is just me but I have a real problem with any cards whose strategy can be summed up with "this is a thing now and there's nothing you can do about." Looking at you Jade Figurine...

Varrzin;n10625791 said:
I think CNova is a good example of the type of card you don't want in the game. Theoretically you should never create a card that will always be used exactly the same way under all circumstances. Tell me, why would anyone ever not play CNova as their last card of the game? At that point it's usually too late for the opposing player to have any chance of doing anything about it so that's typically the only smart play for CNova. Since that's pretty much always how the card is used it becomes an impossible to beat card under most circumstances unless the opponent already has a staggering lead.

Maybe this is just me but I have a real problem with any cards whose strategy can be summed up with "this is a thing now and there's nothing you can do about." Looking at you Jade Figurine...

Ciri Nova isn't always best played at the end. Just got rekt by Henselt in round one and don't want to go two cards down? Ciri can help. Just got hit by the Brouver-Barclay-Cleaver combo? Ciri can help.

Sure she's a nice win condition but can be used in other ways. I hated it too until I figured, if you can't beat em join em.

Varrzin;n10625791 said:

Any card that seems to end up in everybody's deck per current meta is a pain in the ass, including Jade Figurine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hellsmoke77;n10626141 said:
Ciri Nova isn't always best played at the end. Just got rekt by Henselt in round one and don't want to go two cards down? Ciri can help. Just got hit by the Brouver-Barclay-Cleaver combo? Ciri can help.

Sure she's a nice win condition but can be used in other ways. I hated it too until I figured, if you can't beat em join em.

Fair point, though I did qualify my statement by saying it's "typically" the only smart play. However I'd like to point out another problem you just brought up.

Hellsmoke77;n10626141 said:
...if you can't beat em join em.

If the only good way to beat a specific card is to also use that same card yourself, I'd say it's a bad card. Players should not feel punished for not using the same cards as everyone else, deck diversity should be encouraged.

Varrzin;n10626221 said:
Fair point, though I did qualify my statement by saying it's "typically" the only smart play. However I'd like to point out another problem you just brought up.

If the only good way to beat a specific card is to also use that same card yourself, I'd say it's a bad card. Players should not feel punished for not using the same cards as everyone else, deck diversity should be encouraged.

I agree it is a bad card however some decks like wild hunt simply lack finishers all together, that's the only justification I can come up with as to why she is okay in some places. If I had it my way I'd change her and make sure every archetype had their own unique finisher to work towards. Ele'yas is a perfect example for ST, he isn't instant so you gotta work for it but if you play well he is rewarding.

twinkiegorilla;n10626191 said:
Any card that seems to end up in everybody's deck per current meta is a pain in the ass, including Jade Figurine.

One of the easiest ways to notice if a card is unbalanced.

PsiLAN;n10626541 said:
One of the easiest ways to notice if a card is unbalanced.

Be careful with that statement. For a neutral card, that might be true, but it doesn't work that way for faction cards. Certain faction cards are being used often, not because they are unbalanced, but rather because they are the staple cards for that archetype (e.g. Priestess of Freya, Slyzard, Shani).

Am I the only one who thinks the card is stupid?
This entire season I've come across so many players running her in the deck.
The card is easily the best high attack with low cost in game.
Take Shuupe for instance he's high powered but comes at a huge cost limiting you to no dupes and being RNG based...
Or Tibor who is high powered but as a Boost + Making the opponent draw a card.
Not sure why she's implemented as is but it's pretty broken imo.
I can't be the only one.

i am playing letho/regis, so i really like ciri.

to be honest, a lot golds results in a higher point swing than ciri. yes there are more cards involved then, but who cares, the result counts
if you lose to ciri then your entire game was not very good, its not ciri

There are a few lengthy posts about ciri. One created by me months ago. I've mixed feeling about her but have not seen her in my last 50 matches or so though.

She's a good card for new players to keep in their decks as a finisher. Also, I think you're talking about Ciri: Nova, and I feel you should edit this in. Specially since there's a card called Ciri.

No respect for players that utilize this card, takes no skill to use. Probably the most braindead card in the game.
Not quite sure which devs thought it would be a great idea to make her gains should be strengthen instead of boost but it's a horrible idea.
I've ran into way too many decks using this card and what's worse is that they all aim to get last play so scorch or igni can't save you.

Top Bottom