When will see the forgotten archetypes rise?

+
When will see the forgotten archetypes rise?

I used to possessed by reveal deck....now that it is an actual competitive deck, I'm having a lot of fun with it and moving on to other unpopular but fun decks.

I now find deathwish (not nekker, rotfiend and archespore) deck very interesting, but I can only play it in casual because it is no where to be competitive.
Deathwish archetype has the potential to be a very good control deck (the only good control is spellatail atm), but it lacks..well everything. There are only 3 kinds of deathwish bronze, and one of them (D'AO) is not competitve enough atm. The silver and gold that work with deathwish deck, for example shadow and brewess, works way better in consume deck with nekkers. She-troll and brewess (and possibly Jor'nn for lining up units) can work great with deathwish, but again due to lack of thining deck strategies, the outcome of deathwish match is greatly depend on whether those cards are drawn.

There are soo many archetypes that can be real fun to play (hell I'm even thinking about slave driver "Doppler deck") but lack of real competitivity, really wish CDPR can shed some light on them after nerfing dwarfs

If you want to try a forgotten archetype, go for werewolves ;) It's actually super competitive, because nobody techs against it. Honestly no idea why nobody plays it, if left unchecked it's more powerful than the greediest engines out there like Nekkers or Spies. In a long round I've beaten the former with a 50 point lead even after they brought all their Nekkers on the field.

The main problem with Deathwish is that it lacks the deck thinning tools. In sort any archetype without adequate deck thinning is at a disadvantage compared to the others. Combos need to be simple, reliant on 2 different bronzes at max to work, with the ability to summon copies of units, which is partially solved by reconnaisance now, but dedicated deck thinning is always better.

ser2440;n10317712 said:
If you want to try a forgotten archetype, go for werewolves ;) It's actually super competitive, because nobody techs against it. Honestly no idea why nobody plays it, if left unchecked it's more powerful than the greediest engines out there like Nekkers or Spies. In a long round I've beaten the former with a 50 point lead even after they brought all their Nekkers on the field.

The main problem with Deathwish is that it lacks the deck thinning tools. In sort any archetype without adequate deck thinning is at a disadvantage compared to the others. Combos need to be simple, reliant on 2 different bronzes at max to work, with the ability to summon copies of units, which is partially solved by reconnaisance now, but dedicated deck thinning is always better.

my problem with werewolf is.......well too expensive XD
Need a whole set of cards crafted since I haven't been around/ purchase kegs that much after new patch..otherwise I would love to try that out

I think its the trouble with monsters in general - outside of consume and Wild Hunt (which in itself is a bit weak) there isn't really a completed archetype. Deathwish was cast aside, moonlight hasn't really been finished, swarm was nerfed into unviability and what the hell the Relict archetype is supposed to be I have no idea. Then there's vampires, which are presumably just placeholders until the next big patch. Then there's the leaders - only Arachas Queen and Eredin have a definitive place in any deck right now, although I don't think Dagon would need much to rise again. The other two need a complete rework in my opinion.

Deathwish definitely has the potential to be a fun deck, but it never really got the overpowered silver/gold support it needed to become truly viable. The trouble is, and good cards that synergise with deathwish would also synergise with Nekkers, and they really don't need more buffs. It's a very tight line to tread.

I just hope they don't just make everything in monsters a weather deck. With Eredin and Dagon both being weather leaders, and the new Moonlight archetype, I don't want boring weather cards to be the main thing again.

Hahah nah just early days, rank 14 so far but I think it could hold its own in the pro league, still a good start 22 games into a season.

Top Bottom