Charm Sucks

+
Charm Sucks

So I was playing a match against Nilfgaard Spies. I noticed that whenever I used a Slave Hunter to pull a unit from my opponent's side to my side, his engines (Impera Brigades/Enforces) would benefit more than I would. What's the deal with that? Also, I Charmed a Brigade to my side thinking it would get boosted as soon as it landed on my side because I too was playing Emissaries but it didn't. Yet a different Brigade on my opponent's side DID get boosted when the Brigade moved to my side. I'm happy that my opponent was playing for the Empire, but I'm starting to dislike the Charm mechanic the more I use it. I hope Charm gets reworked so that it doesn't turn a unit into a spy. Most Charm units already suck anyways and this just makes them worse.

RidiculousName;n10325042 said:
This would even make sense IMO: a Charmed unit is charmed into changing sides, becoming a traitor rather than a spy.
I see Charm more as a temporary effect, like controlling someone with Axii or becoming blindly seduced by a Succubus. Still, I support the idea of removing the spy tag ;)

Theodrik;n10325112 said:
I see Charm more as a temporary effect, like controlling someone with Axii or becoming blindly seduced by a Succubus.

That's another way to look at it, yes.

Yeah, while the spy tag makes sense to me, gameplay wise it's definitely better to remove the spy tag from charmed cards.
However Slave Hunter will need more than that change to become viable.

"disloyal" should be a new, separate category from "spying". give it a blue eye token, instead of red.

this would make a distinction between cards that are supposed to have spy synergy (with Nilfgaard) and cards that are simply placed on the opposite side of the board. plus it also keeps them of a tag to leave open further future implications.

Joonlar;n10328112 said:
"disloyal" should be a new, separate category from "spying". give it a blue eye token, instead of red.

this would make a distinction between cards that are supposed to have spy synergy (with Nilfgaard) and cards that are simply placed on the opposite side of the board. plus it also keeps them of a tag to leave open further future implications.

That sounds like an excellent idea.

One way to make slave Hunter better would be "switching It":

Strength 3, charm anche 8 power unit

Bleach25;n10329502 said:
One way to make slave Hunter better would be "switching It":

Strength 3, charm anche 8 power unit

Way, way too powerful.

You gotta remember that when you charm you are not just adding the points to your side, you are taking them from the opponent as well. Essentially fi you charm a 8 power unit it would be 11 on your sides and -8 on the opponent side for a swing of 19 points in a no setup, no synergy bronze. And that is before we even get into the amount of cards with ongoing effects one could steal with that.

What Slave Hunter needs is better and more reliable ways of bringing cards into their range. At the moment Nilfgaard has very few ways of dealing direct damage and most of them are tied up in the reveal archetype who dont really have room for Slave Hunter.

TriforceDragon;n10329602 said:
Way, way too powerful.

You gotta remember that when you charm you are not just adding the points to your side, you are taking them from the opponent as well. Essentially fi you charm a 8 power unit it would be 11 on your sides and -8 on the opponent side for a swing of 19 points in a no setup, no synergy bronze. And that is before we even get into the amount of cards with ongoing effects one could steal with that.

What Slave Hunter needs is better and more reliable ways of bringing cards into their range. At the moment Nilfgaard has very few ways of dealing direct damage and most of them are tied up in the reveal archetype who dont really have room for Slave Hunter.

Then 1 point charm a 7. Sinergy with Enforcers= average engine strength 8 -2 from enforcer 6 so 7 + (-6). Or It could be charm a 6, with average engine strength of 7

4RM3D;n10329562 said:
Ekimmara sucks too. Oh, snap.
they aren't horrible at 11pt of swing, but 3pts really makes them kinda pointless without some other bonus synergy... maybe at 4 drain 4 they'd be more useful. unlike unseen Elder who is essentially a finisher vs tall decks

@ thread
charm at 3 is just so horribly weak not because of the inability to beat things down there, but because there isn't a whole lot in that range... lots of 2 helpers and 1 special effects, but 3's outside of pop-up deck thinner that don't see much play are hard to come by, so the value is further dimished

Last edited:
Void_Singer;n10337222 said:
@ thread
charm at 3 is just so horribly weak not because of the inability to beat things down there, but because there isn't a whole lot in that range... lots of 2 helpers and 1 special effects, but 3's outside of pop-up deck thinner that don't see much play are hard to come by, so the value is further dimished

Yeah lol, I was end up stealing my own spies because there's literally nothing else to pull. If they could steal 4 power units then they would be a little better.

Top Bottom