Update to Faction Challenge Rules

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED
Update to Faction Challenge Rules

Hey guys!

Quick update of the ongoing Monsters vs. Nilfgaard Faction Challenge. We noticed many players really like the special borders we’ve prepared for this event. So, if you are truly loyal to your faction, you will receive a border for your avatar even if your faction loses. However, for this to happen, you need to win over 30 games with your chosen faction. We are also making the challenge last longer so you won’t miss out on anything. Updated rules can be found on playgwent.com.

We are constantly working on making Faction Challenges a better experience for you. Thanks for participating!

Burza46

Raunbjorn

I kinda saw this happening. Thank God I didn't start playing NG to get the border :)

Wonder how long this challenge will be then?

Screenshot_3.png

Can we please get a clarification on which of the following is correct. Is it as above, "...you need to win over 30 games with your chosen faction." (win 31 games or more) or as below, "...contribute at least 30 wins..." (win 30 games or more)?

Err... I don't want to be that guy, but now we have the reverse previous Faction Wars, sort of.

100 MP for the winners is like... nothing. Jesus, guys.

Last edited:
partci;n10328492 said:
Err... I don't want to be that guy

And yet you are. Anyhow, besides that this situation is still better than the previous Faction Challenge, you are forgetting one important thing. Now, you can freely choose which faction to represent and get awarded a cosmetic that shows the faction you've supported. This is as it should be.

Last edited:
4RM3D I really appreciate that they did something about this, but it's like... they can't wrap their heads together to think of something that makes actual sense for these rewards. Like, it's awesome that now and the "losers" will get their border, but it's like... ass backwards all the time the last couple of months.

Burza46;n10327602 said:
Hey guys!

Quick update of the ongoing Monsters vs. Nilfgaard Faction Challenge. We noticed many players really like the special borders we’ve prepared for this event. So, if you are truly loyal to your faction, you will receive a border for your avatar even if your faction loses. However, for this to happen, you need to win over 30 games with your chosen faction. We are also making the challenge last longer so you won’t miss out on anything. Updated rules can be found on playgwent.com.

We are constantly working on making Faction Challenges a better experience for you. Thanks for participating!

Burza46

Can you clarify if it is 30 or more wins OR 31 or more wins?

At last. Cdpr decided its time to move forward instead of backwards. The first good change after midwinter fiasco.

But.. Need to clarify some things first.

1) did the counter for 30 wins added after this change? Or existed since event start?

2) do the wins count if enemy forfeits at r1? Because for quests it doesn't. There would be an outrage if those wins didn't count and people lose the reward.

​​​​​​PS. Please be careful when distributing the rewards. Last time "winners" got both rewards by mistake and the losers got the finger (that extra 100 dust)

Raunbjorn

RVG1926;n10329992 said:
At last. Cdpr decided its time to move forward instead of backwards. The first good change after midwinter fiasco.

But.. Need to clarify some things first.

1) did the counter for 30 wins added after this change? Or existed since event start?

2) do the wins count if enemy forfeits at r1? Because for quests it doesn't. There would be an outrage if those wins didn't count and people lose the reward.

​​​​​​PS. Please be careful when distributing the rewards. Last time "winners" got both rewards by mistake and the losers got the finger (that extra 100 dust)

It hasn't been stated but I'm kinda 100% sure that it's 30 wins from the start. Otherwise it would be pretty dumb. Not sure about your second question though.

I wish I kept track on how many faction wins per faction I already have so I don't accidently fall short on console. I can use gwentups match history on pc.

senatormolotov;n10328912 said:
Can you clarify if it is 30 or more wins OR 31 or more wins?

RVG1926;n10329992 said:

2) do the wins count if enemy forfeits at r1?

To clarify - it's 30 wins or more, counting from the beginning of the Faction Challenge (so from January 22nd).

If your enemy forfeits, that win still counts.

Top Bottom