Assumptions on new faction in the works?

+
Assumptions on new faction in the works?

What faction do you think will be next from the witcher universe?

Im extremely hyped! Hopefully after the intensely needed bug fixes and balancing this game can come back to its form or even better with this new faction!

Theres many possibilitys of what it could be will be great to hear your comments and assumptions!?

:hmm:

I'm hoping for a Zerrakania faction. I think their faction color should be yellow. Just from reading the witcher wiki, I can see this faction being really cool. Powerful mages that spawn golems to do their bidding. Others spawning tornadoes, rockslides and tsunamis. They could have various units that spawn beasts, similar to the Beastmaster from Skellige except they would spawn more exotic animals. Bronze tutors for spells and natural cards. They could have warriors that damage multiple units. A super meme silver card that Creates a Runestone. Their leaders? Perhaps a golden dragon with a scorch-like effect. A mage that spawns two boons on your side or two hazards on your opponent's side. A Zerrikanian prince that spawns two beasts.

This is all just speculation of course. Since there isn't a lot of information on Zerrikania, I'm sure CDPR could take a lot of liberties with this faction. But like you said, I think they should concentrate on balancing out the current factions (COUGH ST COUGH DWARVES COUGH) before they start to add new factions and cards.

- A witcher faction, it's already there spread in other factions.
- A ghosts & spirits faction. While monsters would keep all the physical creatures.

Mahakam and ST get separated °_° ST gets new ambush and moving cards while more buff stuff and resilince

I bet on Aen Elle. There are already the Wild Hunt (a Leader, three Golds, a Silver and five Bronzes), Avallac'h (two Golds), Ithlinne.

Then Oberon, Lara Dorren, Shiadhal, Unicorns and Ihuarraqax, Human Slaves, Annonying Woman in Avallac'h's Lab, Wild Hunt Ghosts, Tir Na Lia Poison, Sun Stone, The Spiral (hazard maybe). I miss something.

Last edited:
I would bet on Kovir and Poviss plus the Hengfors League.

Lore reasons:
Kovir and Poviss was a major player, who could stand up to the Northern Realms. Furthermore, Kovir and Poviss as well as the Hengfors League stayed neutral on paper in the wars against Niflgaard.
In my opinion that justifies them to be an own faction.

Card pool reasons:
Esteradd Thyssen was already a Gwent card once, but isn't anymore. Also, we already have Tridam Infantry and Reavers in the game, which are basically part of KP+HL, but expect the Reaver Scouts, which can be replaced easily by another unit, neither of them has any archetype around them currently, so they could easily moved the KP+HL. The NR at the same time have enough kingdoms directly north of the Yaruga to expend their cardpool with them, without relying on KP+HL.
Also, opposed to Serrikania, KP+HL offers a lot of known names, for leaders as well as for silvers and golds. While it isn't that bad to create a few characters completly new for the game and can be necessary, having nearly a whole of made-up characters wouldn't offer as much remember value as the already existing factions, and is therefore unlikely in my few.
Moreover, with lots of smaller know territories in KP+HL, naming units wouldn't be that difficult.

Archetype reasons:
How many usefull things do we know about KP+HL to make archetypes? Incidentially, quite a lot.
We know that it is really rich, with a lot of ores, even rivalling Mahakam and that Kovir traded with the whole world and might be compared to this worlds venice.
Also, with all their money they rely heavily on Mercenaries to fight their battles and bought mercenarries to fight for the NR against Nilfgaard too.
Kovir and Poviss had a lot of immigarnts from the NR, for various reasons, like escape from prosecution or a life of more possibilities. Even in Witcher 3 the surviving mages from the NR flee there.
I believe this would offer at least 3 possible archetypes.

Many possibilities. Some of those:

- Aen Elle. As masttt23 said it already, there are already enough cards/leaders and they do deserve their own faction since you can't really categorize them as monsters. And there are so many more things that could complete that faction, unlike most other possible factions. This one is by far my favorite one and I'll be honest I'll be a bit dissapointed if it's something else.

- Bandits/Rogues, that sort of thing. Alot of lore to build such a faction. We could also see a ambush archetype like that, but I don't know if that would be a healthy thing for the game.

- Zerrikania. Just a cool theme, but also generic and not something that reminds you of the Witcher since there is almost no lore behind this.

- Kovir/Poviss. Enough lore to back it up, but keep in mind that they weren't really engaged in the war as far as I remember so lorewise it wouldn't make much sense I guess. Also doesn't really interest me at all honestly, too generic to deserve its own faction

Great thinking people! I think it has a high chance of being zeriikania! but im hoping its a faction of trolls haha one can dream, but splitting northern realms or nilfgaard and toussaint would be awesome too! Guess we will have to wait and see and hopefully see some new mechanics as interesting as scoia ambush units something like a retaliation effect like every time attacked drain a random enemy unit by 1 point or create a doppler every 4 turns theres so many possibilitys for this new faction and new playstyles :D

there is some Wild Hunt. Most importantly, Monsters are currently the only ones sitting on more than 4 leaders. I like the idea of a WH faction really.

However, that amount of cards is nothing really. Caranthir, Imlerith, Eredin and Ge'els are going to be just the leaders of that faction if it is WH. and then bam, instantly, no golds. Sure you might make up one or two but 12? Because that's the general amount of golds each faction currently has. And then rinse and repeat with all of the bronzes and silvers? tough, guys. For these reasons I doubt it'll be WH. In fact I am not even sure if there will be a new faction, it's just something they are talking about. By now there are a lot of cards for each faction, to make up for them you'd need a lot of brainstorming.

The only thing that I can see being split is Mahakam and ST but even those lack a suitable amount of leaders. Aside from Brouver, who is going to lead Mahakam huh? Zoltan? ok, we need 2 more.

I wouldn't mind gawking at Zerrikania's marbles too one day. :p

Anyway I can't see monsters being split the same as Scoia'tael because whichever one gets split would be a bit unfair on the other. Unless they plan to split both eventually.

OG.laloquaint;n10357742 said:
I'm hoping for a Zerrakania faction. I think their faction color should be yellow. Just from reading the witcher wiki, I can see this faction being really cool. Powerful mages that spawn golems to do their bidding. Others spawning tornadoes, rockslides and tsunamis. They could have various units that spawn beasts, similar to the Beastmaster from Skellige except they would spawn more exotic animals. Bronze tutors for spells and natural cards. They could have warriors that damage multiple units. A super meme silver card that Creates a Runestone. Their leaders? Perhaps a golden dragon with a scorch-like effect. A mage that spawns two boons on your side or two hazards on your opponent's side. A Zerrikanian prince that spawns two beasts.

This is all just speculation of course. Since there isn't a lot of information on Zerrikania, I'm sure CDPR could take a lot of liberties with this faction. But like you said, I think they should concentrate on balancing out the current factions (COUGH ST COUGH DWARVES COUGH) before they start to add new factions and cards.

:sleepy:

As long as it's not as unbalanced and overpowered as nilfgaard, where it gets to the point where 80% of players play nilfgaard because it's so f**king OP, it's a nice addition.

Maybe Toussaint? We know Anna Henrietta as a Leader card is in the works. Plus we could possibly have cards like Syanna, Regis Higher Vampire, Detlaff Van Eretein, Damien de la Tour, Milton de Peyrac, Orianna, Bruxa cards and others.

I can't see it being Wild Hunt, that would run out of named characters quickly, and might get pretty boring. And decimate a core archetype of monsters gameplay.

Splitting Dwarves and Scoiatel makes more sense, Dwarves have so many mechanics now they could almost become their own faction. Yarpen could easily become a leader too. But in the end there is probably too much crossover - so many dwarves joined the Scoiatel.

Zerrikania could be good, but they would be pretty much making up the lore. Not sure how good an idea that is - Thronebreaker may add an obvious answer, which may be Zerrikannia or another nation we don't really know, but it would need expanding on.

Toussaint is another obvious option, but I hope it just gets made part of Nilfgaard. I loved Blood and WIne, but aside from Anna Henrietta all the actual Toussaint characters were pretty boring.

My favourite idea is The Order of the Flaming Rose and other religious groups. They had such a huge role in the first game, and are mostly their own seperate group (yes, they are influenced by northern kings but mostly act independently. They also have a large enough pool of characters to make cards from which helps.

My second favourite idea I've heard is the outlaw one. With King of Beggars, Whoreson Junior, Cleaver and Sigi Rueven as obvious leaders, and quite a few other named characters from the books and games to play around with.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I thought it had already been confirmed the new faction would be Touissant. I read an article awhile ago that seemed official and sounded like they had contact with the devs or a version of Thronebreaker, and it said Anna Henrietta and Dethlaff would be 2 of those Leaders.

I think i've also seen CDPR tease Oriana's card would be coming on a future update, so that strengthens the point.

Top Bottom