PTR - Card Name Changes

+
PTR - Card Name Changes

Amazing job. Thank you, thank you, thank you 1000 times.

All returned and expanded. Full names used for all characters that it makes sense to have a full name for, e.g. Triss Merigold is now Triss Merigold and not just Triss but Iorveth is still just Iorveth because, well, he's just Iorveth. He never went by any other name (at least in the games).

Spellnames / special cards have also been corrected. Yay for Merigold's Hailstorm, Hanmarvyn's Dream, Mardroeme, etc.

Bravo CDPR, bra-fooking-vo. You have my gratitude.

P.S. Haven't had a chance to try out the balance changes yet (weird that I can't find patch notes for the PTR anywhere? Minor ball drop?) but from what I read on Reddit they are mainly steps in the right direction.

P.P.S. Please never mess with the card names again, thank you. They are now consistent and have refreshed my joy considerably.

P.P.P.S. It's awesome that all leaders now have surnames where appropriate. I always wanted to play Francesca Findabair. I know these changes are small potatoes to some, but I'm mega happy it's all corrected.

Last edited:
Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys, we desperately need this The Witcher lore, the game is not the same without the right atmosphere; you have done the right thing by restoring the previous names.

(and improved a lot of them, like most elves):hatsoff:

Good job, please keep up the good work :cheers:

I'm very happy to hear the card names are changed. I'm hoping there will also be some different changes than the ones listed in the Chinese leak

I never played Witcher 2 where Iorveth was prominent; but I always figured it was probably an assumed name, like Batman, to make it harder to track him.

Thanks for bringing back the lore names

It feels like playing in the witcher universe again! Now some changes to the board and specific animations would make it much better (drain has terrible animation / scorch burns too fast)

Gotta agree. I am so glad not only the names are back, but old cards that had shortened names before the update now got long names (Eredin Breacc Glas, Francesca Findabair, Dorregaray of Vole, Ceallach Dyffryn) :p

I love this! xD Thanks

I can only imagine they changed them to not be confusing to heartstone players and those unfamiliar with the witcher lore

Why Dol Blathanna Bowman and Blue Mountain Elite instead of Dol Blathanna Marksman and Blue Mountain Commando?

I am Happy to have my Blue Mountain back but ... it would be nice to have some explanation for the name changes.
Or better no name changes.

The changes without explanation are hard to understand.

Last edited:
How to make everyone happy doing almost nothing:
1. Remove something good from game
2. Bring it back
3. ???
4. Profit

I like that they bring the names back however i think that for SK clan units it's not really necessary since the already have the clan name part of their tag.

hopefully all players that complains about things, do realize its called a BETA,
go check on wikipedia the definition.
to be nit picky
"lack of documentation or still missing vital features"

Moderator: All right. That's enough of that. Several posts deleted. Please, do not engage in personal skirmishes over differences of opinions. Not everyone will agree, that is a given, but we ask that users, please, respect alternative views, rather than attack each other for them.

oOxhaosOo;n10385732 said:
Why Dol Blathanna Bowman and Blue Mountain Elite instead of Dol Blathanna Marksman and Blue Mountain Commando?

I also don't like the change from Marksman and Commando to Bowman and Elite ( Bowman, really? We already have D.B. Archer ). I guess there's a limit to the characters of a card name, and Marksman, Commando or Protector would make the name a character or two too long. I suspect the upcoming mobile version is to blame.
I mean, it's very nice that we got the original ( in most cases ) names back and even new better ones, e.g. Francesca Findabair, but it doesn't make sense that we still have plain Yennefer instead of Yennefer of Vengerberg or Margarita of Aretuza instead of Margarita Laux-Antille.

Top Bottom