Unofficial PTR patch notes - 30th January 2018

+
List of changes from the Chinese version patch

https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comme..._in_cn_server/

Scoia'tael:

*Elven blade: Deal 11 damage to a non-elf unit.

*Elven Scout:2→1

*Dwarven Agitator:2→1

*Dwarven Skirmisher: Boost instead of strengthen.

*Dwarven Mercenary: 8 base, Move a unit to this row on its side. If it's an ally, boost it by 3.

*Vrihedd Dragoon: Only boost loyal unit

*Morenn: 8 base, Ambush: When an enemy unit is played, flip over and deal 8 damage to that unit.

*Iorveth Meditation: Force 2 unit on the same row to duel

*Aglaïs: Resurrect a Bronze or Silver special card from your opponent's graveyard, then banish it

Skellige:

*Name: All long names of skellige units come back once more.

Eist Tuirseach: 4→5

*Clan Tuirseach Veteran: "Soldier" category instead of "Support"

Clan Heymaey Scald: 8→9

Clan Heymaey Flaminica: 9→10

*Arena Champion: Duel an enemy (Not necessarily bigger)

*Hym:4→3

*Ulfhedinn: 6→7

Nilfgaard:

*Slave Driver:2→1

*Alba Spearman: Boost 1 whenever a player draws cards.

Treason: Force 2 adjacent enemies to duel.

Northern Realms:

*Ves: 11→12

*Seltkirk: 7→8

*Shani: 5→4

Monsters:

*Slyzard: 3→2

*Bridge Troll: 9→10

Monster Nest: Do not give boost to spawned unit.

*Morvudd: 5→6

Striga: 5→6

*Nithral: 6 base, Deal 5 damage to an enemy. If you are holding a Wild Hunt unit, deal 8 damage instead.

*Ifrit: 7→8

Neutral:

*Tremor: Do not spawn lesser guardian

*Summoning Circle: can not spawn CA spies.

Dimeritium Bomb: Reset Boosted units in a row.

*Commander's Horn: Boost 5 adjacent units by 3

CA spies: Deploy ability triggers after 1 turn **This is an error. The ability stays the same.**

*Cirl Nova: strengthen to 22 instead of 25

*Avallach: Sage: 2→3

*Ale of the Ancestors: 9→10

Last edited:
Snake_Foxhounder;n10359962 said:
CA spies: Deploy ability triggers after 1 turn

This would be great, but not true:

Képkivágás.JPG

Some good changes esspecially the summoning circle one, but if that's really all, I'll sit out the next season. I've wanted veterans to be soldiers again, but thinking twice about it, they probably need something like a one turn timer to make them more interactive, because they are basically uncounterable and another point vomiting deck. Hope beastmaster gets a nerf as well. Many archetypes still will be nearly unplayable in higer tiers (esspecially looking at monsters or NR). I expect NG spy to dominate again if enforcers don't get nerfed and please bring back interesting cards like shieldmaidens.....

edit:
commanders horn should be 6*3

Last edited:
Without an Enforcer nerf, we will have a new NG Spy meta - almost uncounterable.
You were quicker than me
Back to NG spies.

Lol. I wonder if any of you has even used spies :p They are Tier 2 right now, if Dwarves are Tier 0 and Bears and Nekkers are Tier 1. I've only lost to Spies once with Werewolves.

And in the end, assuming they come back to be at the top of the meta, where's the harm in that? The balance in the last patch, during which spies were at the top was arguably the best Gwent has seen. Not to mention that they could be shut down and got consistently defeated by decks considered inferior.

Other than that, great changes all around. Thumbs up! :) I wish Schirru could be changed though, but let's not just ask for everything yet.

Why take Nova out of Igni range though?

It was either that, or keep her as it was. I don't particularly mind her being as she was, but rarely will the stars align for both your opponent to drop her to an empty row and for you to have G:Igni with card advantage. So it's not that much of a problem

ser2440;n10360302 said:
Lol. I wonder if any of you has even used spies :p

Yes.

ser2440;n10360302 said:
They are Tier 2 right now, if Dwarves are Tier 0 and Bears and Nekkers are Tier 1.

In my Spy-deck I run Sweers. Or I kill the Nekkers in sight (if I don't draw Sweers). With a good player (not me) they are extremly strong.

ser2440;n10360302 said:
he balance in the last patch, during which spies were at the top was arguably the best Gwent has seen. Not to mention that they could be shut down and got consistently defeated by decks considered inferior.

Stop making me think to the pre-midwinter patch, thank you:wondering:

Dragoon already boosts only loyal units? I've never had it boost Yaevinn in hand.

Surely they must mean Neophytes - these guys can accidently buff Yaevinn and so would be good to change to loyal only.

*Morenn: 8 base, Ambush: When an enemy unit is played, flip over and deal 8 damage to that unit.
As this is worded Morenn will still don't get the ability to counter deploys back, which was the most-skillrewarding ability in the entire game since 'Kill the servers'. They seem not to understand that this was the unique thing about Morenn, or they think that ability is difficult to balance (in the future) for some weird "reason". You will rarely get those 8 damage, because your opponent can easily play around this, still better than 9 base + 5 damage i suppose.

*Commander's Horn: Boost 5 adjacent units by 3

BornBoring;n10360122 said:
[...]commanders horn should be 6*3
Seems reasonable to me, a 5 point nerf is a bit too much in my mind; Considering that the value per unit is decreased by 1, which makes it worse in unfavourable situations.

Edit:
Sailears;n10361532 said:
[...]Surely they must mean Neophytes - these guys can accidently buff Yaevinn and so would be good to change to loyal only.

Same should be the case for Vanilla Iorweth. Makes no sense to me that you can buff disloyals accidentally in the first place. Don't know about the interaction with Francesca, she shouldn't boost disloyals when swaping as well.

*Name: All long names of skellige units come back once more.
Thats something, I can't think of one name change in the midwinter patch that was good, thus in my opinion they would need to go back to all former names not only revert the weirdish 'Clan units'.

Last edited:
The more I look at these notes the more I dislike.I hate to be pessimistic. There are some good changes but many missing..SK is nerfed in a bad way..Commanders horn kills NR now that a bronze card is just as valuable minus the setup I have to do to include horn use..more dumbing down.. Ciri nova actually got buffed not that it's not able to get hit with an igni..get it together guys..150 people work in this game? I can't seem to believe that ..why don't you hire or listen to your biggest fan's. There are some who could teach you a thing or two about game balance. Not saying me but this is a great intelligent community who could help you.. Even though beta once you take money for items we are now financially invested in the long term of your product. Let me know the direction your going so I can get off.. I'm 150$ in and really starting to regret that.

Agreed, I just noticed the commander's horn change. I think it should be 6 units by 3 if they need to nerf it

looking good balance-wise. i hope we'll get full names of the specific characters back tho, perhaps a nitpick for someone, but huge deal for me, haha.

Top Bottom