What rank did you get to this season?

+
made it to 17 using a variety of decks, Spies, Dwarves, Machines, Armor, Elves, Bears and a SK mix deck

The second season played, reached R20 from the past 18, with mainly monster decks, but it was a damn pain. Quite boring though, always facing the same decks over and over. Guess what?

However, glad to have Roche Avatar, but of course I aim to get Eredin... Hopefully, it will be in the new season.

Last edited:
18 as always. That's my goal every season. I played Nekker Consume (played it every season) then came Sweers...and i said"ok let's make a dwarf deck". And I made an Eithne dwarf deck...

This was my first full season. I hit rank 17 with a mixed SK nova I slapped together using the cards I have. At that point it started to become annoying facing mostly dwarves and consume over and over again, so I just went to casual and played some other decks the rest of the season.

3900 MMR was my top (exclusively done with Eithne/Shupe deck). Ended up around 3850.

i hate doing anything that falls into the realm of grinding when it comes to a game. but in gwent you kind of need to do that in ranked for the rewards, so i target a rank that looks like the best reward/time investment.

prior to this season, i thought 18 was that number. now with 1 month seasons, 16 is my new target.

I got rank 20, playing mostly a Dagon Shupe deck until getting stuck at 4200+ MMR (literally being 1 win from rank 20 multiple times), and then I finally gave up and reached 20 with a ST swap deck that is what got me to rank 20 last season as well.

I wanted to try reach for top 1000 this season, but I got quest to win 5 games with NR, and I stupidly decided to try doing it in ranked, and dropped to 4050 very quickly. Then when I finally decided to try climbing again, I realized that it would take way too much grinding to get to ~4300 again. (And by this time it was already last weekend.)

R20 for third season in a row :<, with custom 5 frost deck, used Iris for the first time this season, warriors and lacerate. Should have swapped warriors out cause they're crap, but i'm stubborn..
Maxed at 4400, couldn't compete with the skill of players and their strong decks at that point. FBM

I got rank 20 last monday, with a Mulligan/Swarm elf deck. It was a really hard battle, but really satisfying to reach this rank without netdecking.
As a ST player, however, I don't think that a Vernon Roche portrait will be useful to me :p.

I'm going to really try for 21 this season, i've had more than enough experience to have a viable shot at Pro ladder. Red points across the board to anyone in this thread that goes 21 this season.

I got to 20 for the first time with my new & improved patented Harold & Frett™ deck

And you know what else, it felt good, it felt right. I dident face a single opponent running the same deck and it made my victory that much more well deserved and hard won.

The whole decks basically transmuted now too, with all premium weekend scraps, arena and ranked awards.

:smiling2:

I bullied netdeckers the whole way too, dropping snide and sarcastic remarks at perfect times of tension and anger.

:hmm3:

You rank up so slow at rank 20 though and people have some seriously merciless counters and strats. I got 100 points past rank 20 before falling down.

Yeah, at rank 20 progress is slowing down a lot. But still, getting to 20 is already a pretty good accomplishment.

This time I only played 30 games, so I ended up at a very casual rank 15 with my Spelldeck.
Which was good enough for me. Sometimes it's nice to just chill :D

Made my monthly goal which is 20 and I had 10 in a row with my Eredin to end the run - was pretty sweet. Would sorta liked to get the 21 border (not that I am using any, but still), but the grinding there just repulses me of playing. This should not be that much time investing and infuriating (not particularly in that order).

I got rank 19, playing roughly 50 games.

I see that the top of the ladder in two days is able to play the amount of games that I play over the entire season.

sfruzz;n10965629 said:
I got rank 19, playing roughly 50 games.

I see that the top of the ladder in two days is able to play the amount of games that I play over the entire season.

Yeah I agree. Must be nice to be able to play all day. I got to 19 just playing a couple matches every other day. Kind of sad that in order to compete and be recognized you need to be a [player] who has the time to play all day every day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mancoon1980;n10965659 said:
Yeah I agree. Must be nice to be able to play all day. I got to 19 just playing a couple matches every other day. Kind of sad that in order to compete and be recognized you need to be a [player] who has the time to play all day every day.

I do wonder how the ladder would be reshaped if all players where allowed to play only a limited amount of games.
The highest ranked player - at the moment I'm writing - has played 78 games! Now he / she should stop laddering and wait for us a couple of months...

Anyway this is the way it is in any kind of (e)sport from marathon running to first person-shooter, one has to sink a lot of time to compete. As for me I prefer to have variety in what I do, plus I'm just average at playing cardgames.

I was at 4,296 at one point, theoretically enough that a tie might have given me GM, well within top 500 Global... and then I experienced the absolute worst run of luck I've ever had, being unable to draw ANY needed cards against decks I should have no trouble beating, or facing off against decks that might as well be auto-forfeits for me... I actually went below the level of R20 for a while... and finished ~4,100. Very disappointing =S

Top Bottom