Waiting for the Patch Notes [Delayed till the 9th]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. I woke up early to get my rewards and see what cards were nerfed. But it was for nothing. Hopefully, the patch will be out by the time I finish work

8 Hours - No Patch

Seriously, 8 hours ago I looked at a countdown that said 1 hour until new season. That vanished and a new one popped up. That then expired and hours later, here we are.

Why can't a community rep just post a thread "Sorry, patch will be tomorrow."?

I mean I've wasted a fair amount of time today just waiting around for this thing. It's a testament to how much I want to enjoy GWENT again, but I want to know, will it be today? If it won't, please, just say, so I can go do something else.

CallMeHoot;n10428952 said:
Seriously, 8 hours ago I looked at a countdown that said 1 hour until new season. That vanished and a new one popped up. That then expired and hours later, here we are.

Why can't a community rep just post a thread "Sorry, patch will be tomorrow."?

I mean I've wasted a fair amount of time today just waiting around for this thing. It's a testament to how much I want to enjoy GWENT again, but I want to know, will it be today? If it won't, please, just say, so I can go do something else.

I started to do different things; 4 hours ago. And I suggest you not to wait any longer and make a better use of your time today.

Theo_FP;n10429132 said:
What do you gain from complaining about something that you have absolutely no control over? The patch/update will be out when it is ready.
"I mean I've wasted a fair amount of time today just waiting around for this thing. It's a testament to how much I want to enjoy GWENT again, but I want to know, will it be today? If it won't, please, just say, so I can go do something else."

his reason why, read next time theo

It's about setting expectations for the remaining community who is keeping the game alive. It's terrible pr. Things must be so insane behind the scenes that they have no answer if not then they need another community manager. Just say patch is not ready and people would be fine. I work tech support for a gaming publisher and setting the proper customer expectation is crucial. You lose customers if you consistently set the wrong expectation. The biggest fan's are the ones being pushed away. You don't put up a timer for the community if it's not ready and then lead on like it's about to launch. The whole it's ready when it's ready is not fair in this instance. That's what forums are for as well is to talk with others in the community and voice our thoughts and opinions. I love cdpr and what they represent but they lack communication skills in many instances. I only say this because I care.

CallMeHoot;n10428952 said:
If it won't, please, just say, so I can go do something else.

just do something else, quite simple.

and even if the patch comes today and you are doing something else, what will you miss? nothing

there is no need to sit in front of the pc all the time just to look if a patch is coming or not.

its not cds fault if you waste your time. its yours. nobody forces you to wait for the patch today. expect it tomorrow, and if it wont come tomorrow then in 2 days and so on

Mancoon1980;n10429332 said:
It's about setting expectations for the remaining community who is keeping the game alive. It's terrible pr. Things must be so insane behind the scenes that they have no answer if not then they need another community manager.

I would agree with you if it wasn't for the fact that the community manager has already stated that the update is going to be delayed by an unknown amount of hours.

https://twitter.com/pawelburza?lang=en

4 hours after the countdown ended he informed his 6k followers on twitter that that there was a delay...

Maybe they just want to test our patience Kappa.

Seriously though, I'm fine with a little delay. Yeah it sucks but whatever, nothing that I could change. I'll just read the Witcher books till then and cross my fingers that they finally atleast say something.

Well, I go out to Ju-jitsu in about 30 mins. Awesome job deploying a patch, brosephs.

I was gonna write some snarky ass crap about how they were quick enough to release a broken patch after 1 day on the test realm to fleece a few wallets just in time for jolly old crimbo...but I won't. Or maybe I just did.

I'm just disappointed.

Great game. Just want to play the non-broken version.

EDIT :-

Patch postponed until tomorrow, according to the Twitter craic.

https://twitter.com/playgwent?lang=en

Lesson learned. Won't be touching GWENT tomorrow.

Last edited:
The patch is now for sale in the store and after you purchase and install, the game is only a store where you can give money to CDPR and Shupe says something cute and funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom