Double spy is still a thing apparently

+

So I just played against someone who played Avallac'h: The Sage and he got a Frightener. He drew a card even though he already played his own spy (Thaler) in the previous round. Is this intended, or is it a bug/oversight?
I have screenshots but I can't seem to upload them here, can anyone help with that, please?

1) Did you have Freightener in your deck? I could have been a lucky draw from Johnny.
2) Did they use Operator? Forgot it's only bronzes now.
3.) Pictures can be posted using "advanced editor" (underlined A) to the upper right of where you post. However, the size of the picture can only be but so large.

Last edited:
DannyGuy;n10450162 said:

The title is actually misleading. Because of this, basically:

nunqmuo;n10450292 said:
If someone was able to draw a SPY from Uma Sage he deserved it.

It's not like you can consistently get double spies, unlike pre-patch when you could copy and/or reuse the spy.

Rawls;n10450312 said:
1) Did you have Freightener in your deck? I could have been a lucky draw from Johnny.
2) Did they use Operator? Forgot it's only bronzes now.
3.) Pictures can be posted using "advanced editor" (underlined A) to the upper right of where you post. However, the size of the picture can only be but so large.

Yeah I had a Frightener in my deck. He spawned it with Avallac'h: The Sage, not Johnny and not Uma.

Yeah I cannot seem to upload them... When I try, it tells me there has been an error connecting to the server...

DannyGuy;n10451752 said:
Yeah I cannot seem to upload them... When I try, it tells me there has been an error connecting to the server...

Check if it's in jpeg form and if the file size is smaller than 1 mb. If it meets the requirements and still doesn't work, then I don't know what could be the problem.

Sunsibar;n10453562 said:
Check if it's in jpeg form and if the file size is smaller than 1 mb. If it meets the requirements and still doesn't work, then I don't know what could be the problem.

Oh, the screenshots were in png and it's 2,3MB After saving them in jpeg, the size dropped to 330kb. The images are really small and low quality, even though they should be 1365x767... Any help?
Gwent Avallach pt1.jpg Gwent Avallach pt2.jpg
Screenshot_1.jpgScreenshot_2.jpg

Last edited:
huh, I though they said they were pulling CA spies from all create pools.... guess they missed the filter on A:Sage

nunqmuo;n10450292 said:
If someone was able to draw a SPY from Uma Sage he deserved it.:cheers:

He never played Uma's Curse. Unless, you're referring to definitely !spoiler.... It's not that big of a feat anyway, it has a 10% (or lower) chance to happen. I only run 1 special silver card in the deck I was playing at the time of the event, so I guess that makes approximately 11%. And in a Spella'Tael deck, that chance is even higher...

The dude pulled it with Avallach, the sage. That's a 1 in 10 chance. Plus the card gets boosted for more points when he drops it on your side. Not exactly a game breaking play

Silver spies is still a problem

So i just got silver spy on my board from my opponent with Avallac'h: Sage. Then he Renew'ed him and he got second spy. And of course he had his own Yaevinn(3rd spy), so in 3rd round he had 3 card advantage.
Thats was not underworld game in unraked, that was top 200 proladder game.
Next game i got second spy from Johnny.
Hope CDPR will fix that problem

Attachments

• photo197482.jpg
    photo197482.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 59
Both cases you mentioned are unreliable and therefore quite risky. Also using a gold for 1 card adventage isn't that good, the same with Johnny. Also, I don't think that the problem here are the spies, but that the second round basically doesn't matter at all.

Guest 4226291

ZenaRose;n10485842 said:
So i just got silver spy on my board from my opponent with Avallac'h: Sage. Then he Renew'ed him and he got second spy. And of course he had his own Yaevinn(3rd spy), so in 3rd round he had 3 card advantage.
Thats was not underworld game in unraked, that was top 200 proladder game.
Next game i got second spy from Johnny.
Hope CDPR will fix that problem

Spies are not a problem. Running Avalach Sage is risky, and wasting two golds for two spies is not even that good lmao

i hate this idea where if someone loses to something it’s automatically overpowered and should get nerfed. He just got lucky, since Avalach sage has 1/10 chance of getting your spy. Using Renew on it makes it a 1/100 chance to get two spies. Get over it

Top Bottom