Tired of seeing the same deck builds copied from websites

+
Tired of seeing the same deck builds copied from websites

This ruins the game for me. People unable or unwilling to think for themselves.
I am tired of seeing the exact same decks being played built card for card off some website they found it posted at because they can't use their own brains to win.

Honestly I wish there was a way to ban deck build posting so this could be prevented but of course there isn't.
It just ruins the game and makes it boring due to a lack of variety.

This has nothing to do with whether I beat it or not. I usually do most of the time.
The issue here is it makes the game boring to see the same thing on the other side all the time.

I wish they could do something to encourage people thinking for themselves and discourage cookie cutter website decks.
Perhaps, since it can't be stopped, instead they could do something like reduce ranked point gain advancement when it detects an exact match for posted decks.
This way players thinking for themselves and designing their owns decks would advance faster than those using some posted winning deck strat and result in a greater variety of gameplay from opponents. They could still gain rank if laming out and using someone else's posted deck but advance slower in point gain.
It would also benefit to encourage experimentation.

Bit of a vent I know but also some possible solutions presented.
Just tired of seeing opponents use the exact same decks over and over ruining variety of gameplay. People stop playing cause of stuff like that.

pthieu1986;n10462322 said:
That's good for me. I know their deck but they don't know mine xD.

lol... I want to know where these websites are so I can figure out if it is possible to build decent counters to them

Well, I can sympathize, nobody wants to play the same three decks over and over.

But what would you expect would happen if those sites didn't exist? If someone makes an original deck and a number of their opponents find it awesome and decide to give it a whirl - quite possibly with their own twist - pretty much the same decks will emerge as the top dogs. I netdeck almost exclusively from my opponents. I'm not going to refrain from playing a deck just because someone else invented it any more than I'll refrain from playing revel just because it was clearly meant to be an archetype by CDPR.

Also, Gwent is fairly limited by its card pool for now. Hundreds of people will make very similar spies variants. Or deathwish. Or elves.
There is surprise value in unorthodox cards and strategies, but it must surpass the orthodox ones in order to outcompete them, at which point they become the new norm or become well-known enough that their value drops.

What kind of competitive TCG penalizes competitive decks? How would that even be done? Last but not least, how could it be expected to encourage variety? Wouldn't it just create a new metagame where other archetypes would become as frequent as the previous top dogs?
I do regret that there is no real Casual mode. Not sure how one would go about implementing it though.
Still, I can't help but note that with all the outcries that follow netdecking, nobody seems to be going out of their way to organize friend groups for casual play.

Also, like I said elsewhere, netdeckers aren't idiots. The choice to use someone else's deck no more implies the inability to come up with their own than building a deck implies particular ineptude for playing. I netdeck and I build my own. Original deck-building isn't the only thing that requires thinking in Gwent.

Players aren't to blame here. If you want them to add something to make players more creative and think for themselves, it's called balance.

Until the game is balanced to the point that all factions have decks that perform similarly, netdecking at higher ranks will be prevalent. Some decks/factions simply can't keep up with others. You can get creative all you want but if your faction can't keep up with the meta, you won't get that far.

On top of that, faction archetypes are limited. You're bound to run into similar decks and think it's netdecking. There are only so many cards you can switch up in spies or cursed NR for example.

And if netdecking is such a widespread issue, wouldn't that make things easier, since you already know their decks? There's nothing like watching someone who blindly netdecked, try and play that deck. Spies in particular.

No Title

90% of people are herd
they will never trouble themselves with inventing something new, their maximum is a copy-paste of the strongest deck
Nobody can change that, it's in the nature of people

Only arena mod will save us

Attachments

• photo197152.jpg
    photo197152.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
As opposed to people who click on 25 cards and call it a deck? And when it fails, they seek refuge in their self-proclaimed superiority.

I can do caricatures too.

Yeah sure because any other card game has no problem with netdecking ... ohh look they have.

Netdecking is a mental thing, most people just want to win without thinking to mutch and there is a netdeck witha guide the best thing you can get.

In ranked i have no problem with it, its sade sure but they help me because i know what they are playing.

What i realy dislike is netdecks in casual.

Casual is about nothing, its the place where you can try your own decks, because you cant read a guide to them, but in gwent casual is more of a netdeck test mode.
Maybe because people are to dumb or/and lazy to read a guide.

I couldn't possibly deny the existence of people who want it easy, or lazy people. Certainly when I started out I wanted the best deck possible to grind more scraps.
Then again, there are deckbuilders who don't put a lot of thought into their decks, too.

I would say thought that even with a guide, you won't get very far. I haven't seen a lot of in-depth guides. Most of them read like a tl;dr and provide rules of thumb at best. Blindly following them will not make anyone a good player, although of course there are top-tier decks that will beat most casual decks even if piloted badly.

Yeah, the thing about casual is that people go there to try new decks, including netdecks. Not sure how that can be prevented without, say, barring newcomers from play just because they've come up with something that's similar to a top tier deck.

I think the problem is more with the variety of decks needed for people still to have fun. Some want to play against as many different decks as possible, others prefer to hone their skills against a limited gauntlet. And of course no game will ever satisfy the particular preference of everyone.

For most people playing card games it's not the journey but the result that matters, they just want to feel they are better than others and validate themselves somehow.

Sure, validation is important in any game. Or any activity, actually. But it's the self-proclaimed creative elite that keeps insisting other people should get validation their way.

You take it quite personal, and nobody cares what rank you got or how good you think you are

edit:
and no, games aren't made for teenagers to validate themselves, if you want that go be a doctor or something. Most people who played witcher 3 didn't do it to feel better about themselves

Last edited:
NomanPeopled;n10463802 said:
Sure, validation is important in any game. Or any activity, actually. But it's the self-proclaimed creative elite that keeps insisting other people should get validation their way.

What self proclaimed elite? Its just a game and ranked means nothing anyways as its so easy to rank up.

Come on people judging by the top 500 Ranked and Pro (it isn't as clear due to system and the way some people take it as exclusive Casual) I can tell you I don't remember so much deck diversity in the long time, I encounter everything dozens archetypes, dozen leaders and fair amount of variation even among same leader/archetype decks.

@SarahAustin:
The people who keep belittling everyone who netdecks as a mindless sheep. I don't get why so many people just mention in passing that a more or less specific group of players is mindless. Sound elitist to me.

If ranked means nothing, that means it doesn't matter what deck you play and how you play it. Not sure how to respond to that without sounding patronizing.

Top Bottom