Is it just me or the diversity is great again?

+
Is it just me or the diversity is great again?

Still in lower rank...but I've seen so many different decks like elven swap, boon dwarf (extremely powerful if you don't have any control), harald axeman etc, there are still fewer engine decks, but I can see the rise of control decks

Slogged up to 15 slower than I have since Closed Beta days and at this point I'm honestly seeing the same four or so decks with little to no variation.

Yeah I'm seeing more variety up to rank 12 so far in about 30-35 games. Reveal, Spies, Bears, Queensguard, WH Weather, Consume, Moonlight, Dwarves, ST Shupe, Swap, Movement, Cursed Henselt, NR Armor. Pretty good variety for the number of games I've played.

Yeah.the meta hasnt really settled though consume and cursed bears seem really strong. I know there is a good ST deck waiting to jump into the scene.

It's usually like this whenever a season starts. I'm currently rank 13 and I'm still seeing lots of diversity but I've seen the same Foltest deck a few times, not particularly strong but can get out of hand real quick. Otherwise, it's been pretty fun.

It's funny, I usually only play casual but I've been having so much more fun playing ranked. I'm trying to hit rank 15 this season before the meta settles.

OG.laloquaint;n10468022 said:
It's funny, I usually only play casual but I've been having so much more fun playing ranked. I'm trying to hit rank 15 this season before the meta settles.
Honestly there's not much difference between ranked and casual at lower ranks. You hardly lose any MMR for losing, and there's still pretty good variety. I would recommend getting to at least 13-15 range (assuming you play a daily tier) just for the extra kegs and powder. After 15, it starts to thin out in my experience ... and becomes a grind around 18. Just my opinion.

Im low rank (r17) but everyone runs scorch and damage.

Chainable repeatable damage is new meta.
AT from units, multiple scorch, ballista, impera enforcers, battering ram, mangonel etc.

Don't try to run something that requires more than 2 cards.

Been playing 4 matches straight against reveal mangonel deck.

So it's just you.

Just wait till gwentup report appears. People will check the winningest deck and everything will happen to be as usual. :D

I've tried my several decks and, so far, my alchemy deck gives me the best winning % (rank 17 currently).

This might be contraversial, but i think i'm having the most fun in Gwent since i started playing.

I'm sure the improved diversity is the main reason why. Finding it a hard to stop playing tbh.

Lyserus;n10463402 said:
Still in lower rank...but I've seen so many different decks like elven swap, boon dwarf (extremely powerful if you don't have any control), harald axeman etc, there are still fewer engine decks, but I can see the rise of control decks

Rank 19 and I see the same 3-4 decks 99% of the time.

ST - either elf swap or scorch spam
NR - blue stripe commando (machines sometimes but it sucks)
Monsters - no one really plays it it at all but if they do it is nekker consume and it just loses to all the scorch spam or some really crappy deathwish Dagon deck that someone must have made popular but it sucks balls
SK - the same OP bears, boats, greatswordsman 100% of the time
NG - either reveal or alchemy

Yeah I feel the same. I`m currently arround level 15/16 and see all kind of decks.

I feel i see a bit more scorch though, whether due reveal or scoiatel shaninigans.

liezldiezldee;n10472762 said:
Rank 19 and I see the same 3-4 decks 99% of the time.

ST - either elf swap or scorch spam
NR - blue stripe commando (machines sometimes but it sucks)
Monsters - no one really plays it it at all but if they do it is nekker consume and it just loses to all the scorch spam or some really crappy deathwish Dagon deck that someone must have made popular but it sucks balls
SK - the same OP bears, boats, greatswordsman 100% of the time
NG - either reveal or alchemy

Really? You're seeing a lot of NR Blue Stripe Swarm decks? That's interesting, because I am not seeing too many Foltest decks. I can't imagine the typical NR Foltest Swarm is going to get much beyond R19.

For me, the damn SK bears and NG Viper Alchemy seems popular.

Philologus;n10475362 said:
Really? You're seeing a lot of NR Blue Stripe Swarm decks? That's interesting, because I am not seeing too many Foltest decks. I can't imagine the typical NR Foltest Swarm is going to get much beyond R19.

For me, the damn SK bears and NG Viper Alchemy seems popular.

In all honesty I am seeing very little NR or Monsters at all but when I do see NR it is usually Blue Stripe with Witch Hunters.

75%+ of my games are against either Eithne, Reveal, Viper, or Elf Shuffle. I think more people will play the SK bears and boats soon though because it seems really good.

twinkiegorilla;n10465202 said:
Slogged up to 15 slower than I have since Closed Beta days and at this point I'm honestly seeing the same four or so decks with little to no variation.

I'm rank 17 and my opinion is that there is a lot of diversity. The decks that I tend to see the most are variations of alchemy NG, but I don't find them to be OP or anything so no big deal.

liezldiezldee;n10475462 said:
In all honesty I am seeing very little NR or Monsters at all but when I do see NR it is usually Blue Stripe with Witch Hunters.

75%+ of my games are against either Eithne, Reveal, Viper, or Elf Shuffle. I think more people will play the SK bears and boats soon though because it seems really good.

Good grief.. the SK bears are the new Dwarves. It spits out so many mindless points that it can ignore weather, with impunity. My custom NR deck is full of control, but on "even draws",I don't see any way to beat that particular deck without trying to out-point-spam it, especially since that deck has no engine to target.

Rank 19 here, in top 1k there are only Scorch elves and alchemy NG. I didnt see any Skellige deck. NR and monsters are like 10% games, yet still one archetype each.

Top Bottom