Manners maketh man

+
Manners maketh man

I remember the Close Beta when player understand that the game is over when you pass the round but right now...I played 100 games in the past few weeks and about 70% of them keep playing cards after I pass. Not one card...they play2-3 cards after I pass the 3rd round. That's just rude to me. I honor everyone besides those who keep playing cards and spam taunts.

Ohh about taunts...The insult sounds way more sinister than the GG taunts. I tried to give someone well play taunt and my Avatar said something about him being a good slave...WTH! We don't even have a HALLO taunt. just more I gonna finish you up taunts.

I really hate a player who keeps playing card after you pass already. And then they are salty because they didn't get a GG and opponent leave the game early.

Did the player base grown or do people just start to be mean? I didn't remember so much frustration back then. What happened? Did the meta and the patch changes make everyone restless and angry?

Do people even see that as something rude?

I like to interact with my opponent. And i agree we need a hello emote. But i thonk you overeact , it s just a game and you should not take seriously . Sometimes after a lose streak i become salty and i am mean with my opponent and .. he give me gg even if i spam emotes. Then i realise i am just salty and is not his fault

You guys are right, I did a bit overreact because I tried a new deck. Didn't work and lose about 10 games in a row. I pass in round 3 after seeing it's not working with 2-4 cards left in my hand. But 8 of 10 opponent just keep playing cards...really anger me there. Even throw taunts at me. Didn't care so much they use netdeck but keep playing card and taunts really make me mad. Overall more and more opponent keep playing cards after someone else passed the round...At least It feels like that.

I understand what you're saying. For me, there are too many low-quality individuals playing Gwent. I consider it to be extremely rude for the opponent to keep playing cards after I am already defeated. It's classless.

Philologus;n10475302 said:
I understand what you're saying. For me, there are too many low-quality individuals playing Gwent. I consider it to be extremely rude for the opponent to keep playing cards after I am already defeated. It's classless.

A game played by drunk dwarves who get in fist fights over it and prostitutes in witcher surely should be a game for the finest gentlemen only...

One factor it may happen is that they have play X cards daily...1 card played less away from daily is annoying

I like to play all my cards and really dislike when my opponent doesn't play all their cards because I want to know how much of a chance did I have, if for example I didn't do a specific mistake etc though...

If you get offended by enemy playing all his cards, then it's your problem. Personally I find it annoying not to know what card my opponent had for last and if i could have beaten him if I played differently (like playing around something that he didn't have)

Then, like someone already mentioned, there's the daily quest to play cards.

Nah, man. I totally get you. It's really annoying. Sometimes your opponent will understand what you're trying to do, basically surrendering and they will pass showing respect and good sportsmanship. Others will just spam emotes and play their cards. I usually just forfeit and move on to the next opponent when that happens. I like seeing their last card but not more than that.

my strategy's to win first round, play 3-4cards for 2nd round if not win, it causes disruption and disorganization for my opponents, manners are not important, nice to have after game.

RVG1926;n10476312 said:
If you get offended by enemy playing all his cards, then it's your problem. Personally I find it annoying not to know what card my opponent had for last and if i could have beaten him if I played differently (like playing around something that he didn't have)

Then, like someone already mentioned, there's the daily quest to play cards.

Really? So if you have won R1, and you are up by 30+ points in R2, with each player having say.. four cards left, and your opponent passes (i.e. respectfully concedes), you're going to continue playing your cards??

Truly???

Also, this "daily quest" quota for rewards hardly justifies such behavior, IMO. Just play one-more game if you came up just short.

Last edited:
PandaLin;n10475002 said:
You guys are right, I did a bit overreact because I tried a new deck.[...]
That's no overreaction. You are totally right about this matter. Regardless of the decks played or the performance it is bad manner to exceed the game with playing/discarding cards after your opponent already surrendered by passing; That's like chopping of the head of an enemy that already conceded and dropped his weapon.

liezldiezldee;n10475342 said:
A game played by drunk dwarves who get in fist fights over it and prostitutes in witcher surely should be a game for the finest gentlemen only...
There's a difference between fiction and reality, just for your information. Besides prostitutes and drunk dwarves are an outstanding company ... ähhh ... got outstanding manners, that's what I meant to say.

Mathspy;n10476222 said:
I like to play all my cards and really dislike when my opponent doesn't play all their cards because I want to know how much of a chance did I have, if for example I didn't do a specific mistake etc though...
I assume you are a newer player, I liked to see as much cards as possible just to improve my game knowledge and skills when I started playing too. Although that did not make me play cards if my opponent passed with less points than me in R3; The exception is the last card if I suppose my opponent had quite a guess which one it was and I like to give him that information to evaluate his hand reading.
PandaLin is around quite some time now and plays on a level on which players know all the cards and know what decks/cards they are playing against the vast majority of games I assume.

RVG1926;n10476312 said:
If you get offended by enemy playing all his cards, then it's your problem. [...]
I don't get your train of thoughts. Why is it my problem if my opponent bad manners me? He is offending me, I am the offended one. How am I possibly the bad guy in that scenario? Just because I lost a game? Chivalry is a virtue that is independent of winning or losing. It speaks of a terrible winner if one needs to play 3-4 cards after his opponent surrendered, that winner seems not to win often and needs that show-off for his ego it seems.

I've only been playing since after midwinter... and I tend to agree with OP... if your opponent force passes while losing, and there's nothing in play that could give you an advantage, then playing more cards is just being a braggart. You do that, no GG for you.

Philologus;n10475302 said:

Some people like to see what's left in the opponent's hand

TV_JayArr;n10477402 said:
I assume you are a newer player, I liked to see as much cards as possible just to improve my game knowledge and skills when I started playing too. Although that did not make me play cards if my opponent passed with less points than me in R3; The exception is the last card if I suppose my opponent had quite a guess which one it was and I like to give him that information to evaluate his hand reading.
PandaLin is around quite some time now and plays on a level on which players know all the cards and know what decks/cards they are playing against the vast majority of games I assume.

I am indeed a newer player but if I pass and the opponent has 2~3 cards left and they only needed to play one of them to win, I would still like to see the others just to figure out how much of a chance I'd have had if I didn't do X or Y misplay which I did, or even figure out if X or Y that I did was actually a misplay or not EVEN if I know what cards I generally expect in their deck

Good topic, manners in Gwent.

Since the introduction of quests I started to pass first then forfeit (when I know I lost the game). Because then it will count for their quests and such. Normally I would just insta-forfeit to save everybody time.

But now ontopic; I do consider passing and not playing for playing when allready won good form.

Only exception is when there is one card left and you immediately slam it down. No problems with that.

Cocadaly;n10481612 said:
Some people like to see what's left in the opponent's hand
This is also true... but an opponent can indicate this by poking your hand (causing you hand cards to be highlighted)... I've both used it, and hand it used on me and it's a pretty clear signal whether winning or losing

Top Bottom