Why Veterans are still a support?

+
Why Veterans are still a support?

This topic probably already exists, but, anyways, i was going to try to play a veteran deck today, and was very disappointed to see that they didn't make it a soldier. Guess SK really is dead.

Because they were too problematic in the PTR. Given that the "Strengthen your X units wherever they are" ability is usually on Silvers. In any case, if Veterans were left with the Soldier tag, then Skellige could have easily become the new Dwarves.

OG.laloquaint;n10473412 said:
Because they were too problematic in the PTR. Given that the "Strengthen your X units wherever they are" ability is usually on Silvers. In any case, if Veterans were left with the Soldier tag, then Skellige could have easily become the new Dwarves.

Boats and Bears seems to be the best deck right now in my opinion. An Craite Greatsword is so hard to deal with.

liezldiezldee;n10474022 said:
Boats and Bears seems to be the best deck right now in my opinion. An Craite Greatsword is so hard to deal with.

Yeah, so like I think Veterans are just fine the way they are.

ALFREDOOHAMSTER;n10481732 said:
They are so fine no one plays them.

That doesnt mean their bad.

Just means they cant vomit enough points onto the board at once to see play in this godawful design period.

Most engine based decks arent seeing any form of play as they cant vomit out 15+ points a card.

Last edited:
No, veterans are cool cards the problem is bearmaster that should not be soldier. When veterans were the meta i got in top 100 because i could destroy 30points units in round 3 with eskel, now he cant do that against stupid bears.

Guest 4226291

Ugh. Everyone doesn’t get the idea. Veterans should be soldiers but have their power nerfed. Their is a reason the strengthen x cards have a drawback of either being weak and being a gold slot (Weavess Incantation is both because of +2 instead of +1, Old Speartip: Asleep, Dennis Cranmer, Ruehin, etc.). Veteran is strong because he is a bronze but make him 5 power and can’t strengthen in the graveyard or unused leaders.

Top Bottom