New Patch New Meta - The good and bad

+
Hardly interesting. People are just netdecking en mass. Swim put out a video with this Brouver-Barclay-Cleaver deck a few days ago (calling it a tier 1 deck) and I've been running into the same exact decklist numerous times since then.

Yup. And I have to admit it is very powerful on the red coin. Because of its opening, it is guaranteed a highly powerful point swing, which by the time you catch up to, the elf swarm will have started. Leaving you a card down and no hopes of winning the round

I've only lost to this deck twice in total. Once because it did that while I was on the blue coin, the other time was because of my own misplay though. In general things are far more manageable against it when you are on the red coin.

DRK3

Forum veteran
This is the single most disgusting meta that i've ever faced on Gwent. And yes, partially its because SC its EVERYWHERE, and counters my main deck which is SK, but it's also the disgusting abuse of the coin flip and silver spies, and netdecks everywhere.

I played like 20 matches now, and NOT A SINGLE ONE did i not see the enemy's silver spy played, and around 15/16 of those were agaisnt SC, with heavy control and mulligan strategies im sure they have seen somewhere since they're all doing the exact same thing, even though that strategy was already viable before the last patch, but i guess no one noticed...

DRK3;n10502852 said:
This is the single most disgusting meta that i've ever faced on Gwent. And yes, partially its because SC its EVERYWHERE, and counters my main deck which is SK
Which just means just that your SK deck is not good. I also play SK but my deck is doing just fine. It's not a netdeck, it's a long boats engine deck with card advantage tools. I'm rank 20 at the moment, in top 1000, just above 4k mmr.

DRK3;n10502852 said:
This is the single most disgusting meta that i've ever faced on Gwent. And yes, partially its because SC its EVERYWHERE, and counters my main deck which is SK, but it's also the disgusting abuse of the coin flip and silver spies, and netdecks everywhere.

I played like 20 matches now, and NOT A SINGLE ONE did i not see the enemy's silver spy played, and around 15/16 of those were agaisnt SC, with heavy control and mulligan strategies im sure they have seen somewhere since they're all doing the exact same thing, even though that strategy was already viable before the last patch, but i guess no one noticed...

I'm not sure it's entirely fair to assess the meta right now. We only had week of normal play before the faction challenge turned the game into a mess of SC netdeckers and SK bear, bears, bears. Personally, I've really grown to dislike this event and can't wait for it to end. I played a bit with my SC movement deck but got sick of playing the same match ups. Switched to playing my NR party deck just to mix it up and started having a bit of fun again.

I suspect the game will equilibrate to a better state after the faction challenge. Elven scouts and Beastmaster are problematic and in need of adjustment, but imo the last patch still improved the health of the meta overall.

Agreed. Definitely far better than Dwarves I have to say. As to the fact that they are all doing the same thing, well that's how it is sadly. It will even out when things get balanced though I am sure

And again every re$%#^^& and his dog playing same scoila decks in ranked. That's just umbelieveable how always there is 1 or 2 decks in meta

hat's just umbelieveable how always there is 1 or 2 decks in meta

I wouldn't say that has always been the case. the season before midwinter had at least 3 meta decks from 3 different faction, maybe even 4 if we count the nekkers. And when things balance out like that time it will be better

DRK3

Forum veteran
Maerd;n10502892 said:
Which just means just that your SK deck is not good. I also play SK but my deck is doing just fine. It's not a netdeck, it's a long boats engine deck with card advantage tools. I'm rank 20 at the moment, in top 1000, just above 4k mmr.

I did realize that yesterday, took me so long because of all of the frustration. And im stubborn and insisted that since i had no problem ranking up with this deck before (Cursed SK), it must be enough now, but i will try to make a new one to counter this meta and netdeckers.

Iuliandrei;n10488172 said:
Reveal "seems" stronger because someone finally made another deck for people to copy, everyone mindlessly played the exact same bad netdeck for 2 months.

Yeah it's a shame how directly people copy, but at least once you learn the counters it's just muscle memory.

DRK3;n10504962 said:
I did realize that yesterday, took me so long because of all of the frustration. And im stubborn and insisted that since i had no problem ranking up with this deck before (Cursed SK), it must be enough now, but i will try to make a new one to counter this meta and netdeckers.

I also play cursed SK (but without a spy and with long boats) and had 85% winrate up until yesterday (up to 3500 MMR). What's interesting, those boring SC netdecks stopped at around 3400. I started seeing Dagon, Henselt, Foltest, and actually started losing more. However, I think that has to deal with the fact I lost coin flip like 80% of the matches today, and most of the opponents had a spy to counter my carry over.

I think the biggest SK problem is a lack of tempo plays (unless you discard 3 raiders with Bran, pull Djengo with Crach, etc). So when you go first you are forced to go -2 or lose on equal cards.

I am at almost 4k now and I see mostly Brouver and Greatswords, along with a few reveals. Werewolves are extremely powerful in this meta :) they only stand a chance to lose against Brouver if on the blue coin xD

Top Bottom