Hypothetical Arena Combos (What If...)

+
Hypothetical Arena Combos (What If...)

With the recent announcement of Gwent: Arena Mode I began to think of combos that could happen. In the stream, they used Usurper and Rot Tosser to enable Vandergrift which I thought was really cool. They also used Pavetta (Yes, PAVETTA) and Draug to shut down Derran. I think, since there are no boundaries in this mode, that there are some really crazy things that will happen.

What if you were able to combo Stefan Skellen > Hjalmar > Stregobor > Yoana or being able to copy machines for Henselt with Nekker Warriors. I mean, yeah it's almost impossible for that to happen but I think it's going to be really chaotic. A card like DJ will also be amazing in this game mode as well, even something as simple as a Recruit will be very valuable in Arena.

What are some combos that could happen in this new mode that you think would be strong?

Last edited:
getting 3 Shupes or more would be insane :p that's what I could immediately think.

Or More than one Ciri Novas and having no bronzes in the deck but that's harder to pull off

Hard to pull off but you could Henselt two times in R3... all you need is necker warriors for unlimited points, Cahir to ressurrect Henselt and something to consume your Henselt.

Also, Imagine the Letho/Regis combo in a ST movement deck... simply move the strongest units to the same row and you've won the game.

Guest 4226291

ser2440;n10492392 said:
getting 3 Shupes or more would be insane :p that's what I could immediately think.

Or More than one Ciri Novas and having no bronzes in the deck but that's harder to pull off

If you have more than 1 Shupe then they all are worthless

ser2440;n10492392 said:

Wouldn't two shupes technically count as duplicates tho? D:

TheNotoriousThree;n10492502 said:
Hard to pull off but you could Henselt two times in R3... all you need is necker warriors for unlimited points, Cahir to ressurrect Henselt and something to consume your Henselt.

Also, Imagine the Letho/Regis combo in a ST movement deck... simply move the strongest units to the same row and you've won the game.

Cahir would be cool to have in any deck tbh

Wouldn't two shupes technically count as duplicates tho? D:

No clue to be honest. I figured it wouldn't count but now that you mention it, it might.

Ah well .Shupe would be great in the arena anyway. Getting Blue Dream against an opponent who has it too could give you more than one Shupes :p

My ideas so far...

Special Archtypes:

1. Axemen/Mill, Albrich/Shilard to increase round length.
2. Cursed Skellige/NR Deck (With Sabrina's Spectre resurrecting Berserker Marauders).

Unit Combos:
Yennfer: Enchantress + Restore.
Dimun Corsair + NR Machines.
Siege Support + Draug.

Unit Limit Abuse:
1. Multiple Spies.
2. Multiple Roaches.

Last edited:
MaximumSquid;n10495012 said:
Arena mode allows you to make decks with any cards?
Yeah in the stream they had a deck with cards from all factions and with no apparent gold/silver numbers limitation.

Are the Dev's doing anything to make the Arena experience different from other games?

I normally hate arena mode because it requires you to have a complete mastery of the game to be proficient at it

This makes it especially bad for newer players because you might only have played 1 faction

You pretty much just get dunked on

tealquest;n10495452 said:
What is arena?

Arena is a new game mode coming to Gwent were you make a deck with any cards, basically. Like you can have cards from different factions in one deck.

MaximumSquid;n10495502 said:
Are the Dev's doing anything to make the Arena experience different from other games?

I normally hate arena mode because it requires you to have a complete mastery of the game to be proficient at it

This makes it especially bad for newer players because you might only have played 1 faction

You pretty much just get dunked on

Yeah, that seems like the case with this new game mode. If you don't know what some cards do then it'll be kind of hard for new players to know what cards work together. It's also hard for people who don't keep up with the constant changes that the game developers put through each month or so.

sanityforfree;n10493502 said:
My ideas so far...

Special Archtypes:

1. Axemen/Mill, Albrich/Shilard to increase round length.
2. Cursed Skellige/NR Deck (With Sabrina's Spectre resurrecting Berserker Marauders).

Unit Combos:
Yennfer: Enchantress + Restore.
Dimun Corsair + NR Machines.
Siege Support + Draug.

Unit Limit Abuse:
1. Multiple Spies.
2. Multiple Roaches.

Some spicy ideas, my friend. :cheers:

Rawls;n10494852 said:
Mahakam Marauder's and Wild Boar of the Sea would do really well together.

That'd be so good if you could place two Marauders on each side.... I'm genuinely excited for this game mode. Hopefully I get a decent deck.

Top Bottom