So Sick Of Point Spam, It's Unreal

+
So Sick Of Point Spam, It's Unreal

GWENT has become un-fun.

This faction challenge is incredibly ill timed. Every deck, a bear deck or a point spam Francesca deck. It's just...astounding.

This plus RNG heavy mechanics have just turned me off the game. Until they remove or fix Create I doubt I'll put any serious time into GWENT anymore. 100% sick of getting high-rolled and guys who have no business winning games just breezing through them off the back of 3 or 4 pure luck cards.

There was always some aspect of RNG, but man, this Create nonsense, coupled with the spam, makes GWENT incredibly frustrating to play right now.

Exactly. The current top Archetypes (ST Mulligan, Control, Hoog, etc) are far weaker than what the Dwarves were. And far more easily played around.

Looking at my stats, I put all of the ST decks to the ground with werewolves almost every time. Reveal/Mill also works favorably against them.

It would be nice if you actually named some cards that you think are problematic, it's very vague. As for Create, are you complaining that people get lucky or that you get unlucky? You should elaborate more.

Create is currently fine, reason for point spam meta, engines are too easily killed off making control unviable and unneeded, so point spam is all that existed. Im finding the current meta fun though winning alot of my games i dont lose with my main builds but i experiment alot. I believe op has a very negative perspective though this may not be the game for him or a well needed break is in order get some fresh air get out into nature, meditate or play a new game. I now space my gwent matchs out between other games and find gwent refreshing when i do get back around to it :hai:

CallMeHoot;n10495762 said:
GWENT has become un-fun.

This faction challenge is incredibly ill timed. Every deck, a bear deck or a point spam Francesca deck. It's just...astounding.

This plus RNG heavy mechanics have just turned me off the game. Until they remove or fix Create I doubt I'll put any serious time into GWENT anymore. 100% sick of getting high-rolled and guys who have no business winning games just breezing through them off the back of 3 or 4 pure luck cards.

There was always some aspect of RNG, but man, this Create nonsense, coupled with the spam, makes GWENT incredibly frustrating to play right now.

Just wait for MTG: Arena beta codes to be sent out or Artifact if your willing to wait more. Gwent is standing on legs wobblier than a drunks at 4am.

With how poor the design and balance team is, I genuinley dont think Gwent will make it to the end of 2018. They've ripped all the unique flavour the game once had out of it and replaced it with what is essentially aggro decks from Hearthstone. This game is literally a sell-out piss poor copy nowadays and the worst thing about that? It seems to be what CDPR wants.

The game simply cant survive the fuckups CDPR have been making, the playerbase is too small and is only getting smaller.

CallMeHoot;n10495762 said:
GWENT has become un-fun.

Honestly, if you feel this way, Gwent is not the game for you. Create is not going anywhere, and I really hope it doesn't. If you can't play with create, then try finding a game that doesn't have it.

About point-spamming, if you don't like playing with point-spammy decks, then don't. There are tons of viable decks that are not point-spammy, like alchemy, which is definitely tier 1. But it has its place in the meta, it is exactly like aggro decks in other games.

And I am sick and tired of ST mulligan decks with Scorches and Thunders and Create cards that spam more Thunders.

Even in Casual! Especially in Casual!!! I play there to get some rest off of this BS, not to see more of it!

Never understood the hate for the create mechanic. If you don't like it, use decks that don't rely on create and laugh when your opponent creates something that backfires on them, which seems to happen very often.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I wish i faced a bear deck... Played like 20 matches today on Ranked and not a single one was SK, only mine, which clearly was countered by the dozens of SC decks the matchmaking system insists on putting me up against.

Zjiin;n10499762 said:
Just wait for MTG: Arena beta codes to be sent out or Artifact if your willing to wait more. Gwent is standing on legs wobblier than a drunks at 4am.

With how poor the design and balance team is, I genuinley dont think Gwent will make it to the end of 2018. They've ripped all the unique flavour the game once had out of it and replaced it with what is essentially aggro decks from Hearthstone. This game is literally a sell-out piss poor copy nowadays and the worst thing about that? It seems to be what CDPR wants.

The game simply cant survive the fuckups CDPR have been making, the playerbase is too small and is only getting smaller.

You're probably right about the direction being what CDPR wants. Most kids aren't all that great with in depth strategy, so by allowing point vomit decks or decks like viper witcher... you don't need to use strategy... the result being kids who can use google will copy the netdecks and be able to keep on winning against seasoned players who are naively still trying to use strategy.

Why does CDPR want this? Simple... parents spend a lot of money to shut up nagging kids.

I don't think anyone likes the direction the game is going. Last patch helped even things out a bit but certain people keep making decks that ruin Gwent. I know that sounds ignorant of me, some are gifted deck builders. Stinks now the only way to match those ST decks out is to play larger units which lead to many scorches. Seems like any time I try to play control I get matched to with NG and viper witchers end that quickly. I'm hoping that balance will come later but it's doubtful. I still have fun with Gwent and don't hate the popular deck builders out because kids today either way take the easy way out and will copy what's works. Maybe I should thank them because that's what gets patches and hotfixes pushed out. Every match I played today but one match against longships was against the flavor of the week ST deck.

BlunderMan;n10501352 said:
... If you don't like it, use decks that don't rely on create and laugh when your opponent creates something that backfires on them, which seems to happen very often...

You serious? It's not about me not using - it's about oppos that pull whatever they need 8 out of 10 times to disrupt my strategy and win the match.

Jezaboom2 How are Viper Witcher point vomit? They are a control card, that needs specific build to work properly and than something to hit (a point vomited Bear), to reach their full value.

partci;n10503132 said:
Jezaboom2 How are Viper Witcher point vomit? They are a control card, that needs specific build to work properly and than something to hit (a point vomited Bear), to reach their full value.

I never said Viper Witch is point vomit. If you read my post properly I didn't use the word "is" I used the word "or".

Last edited:
partci;n10503282 said:
Jezaboom2 ah, I see, I'm sorry. But still my point stands - VWs are an example of an well designed card.

Not sure if you're trolling or joking, hopefully its the later :)

Viper Witchers are the epitome of CDPR's poor card design. They are one of the primary reasons why deck diversity has been killed off. Opponents can't even get their cards on the board as they get killed off as soon as they are played. Added to that, their almost guaranteed resurrection interactions with Ointment.
5 on the board plus usually 11 to 13 points taken away from the opponent equates to around an 18 point swing... this makes them more powerful than most silver and gold cards. They do more damage than most spears, but unlike a spear, they remain on the board, so can be boosted too.BUT as a bronze card they get all the benefits and synergies not just of Ointment, but of Operator and when combined with Trial of the Gases they yield more points than Ciri Nova or the dumb arse Slellige Bear.

On top of this they are the one card for which there are zero counters. The only card which was a potential counter was Quen, but Quen was removed from the game at the same time as when Viper Witchers were introduced.

Call them control cards if you wish but when combined with other low risk bronze cards they are just another form of points vomit.

If CDPR was serious about balanced game design they would do some of the following:
-Reintroduce Quen; or
-Make Viper Witchers Doomed; or
-Make Viper Witchers be like a spear and have no points; or
-Make it that Ointment can't resurrect them; or
-Remove the Witcher tag; or
-Make the amount of damage they can inflict be based upon cards in the hand (not what was in the starting deck);
- etc, etc, etc

Top Bottom