MEGA list of DEAD Gold Cards (with some suggestions maybe?...)

+
Aguara + Seltkirk is one of the deadliest combo NR has atm though. This way Seltkirk beats Ciri Nova.
These 2 and Shupe brought me to Rank 19

Geralt Aard might be usefull, but he isn't such a good gold card. In my opinion he is mainly a worse version of Zoltan.
Both move 3 units and Geralt in total is a 15 point play, while Zoltan is only 14. So there isn't such a big difference, point wise, but Zoltan is also able to move allies, which makes him a lot stronger.
He would be more interesting if he were able to push 4 or 5 units again.

FG15-ISH7EG;n10538042 said:
Geralt Aard might be usefull, but he isn't such a good gold card. In my opinion he is mainly a worse version of Zoltan.
Both move 3 units and Geralt in total is a 15 point play, while Zoltan is only 14. So there isn't such a big difference, point wise, but Zoltan is also able to move allies, which makes him a lot stronger.

As a neutral card Geralt Aard doesn't have to be better than Zoltan. But I'd say both cards have their justification. Besides, having more than one card to move several units around can be pretty good for consistency in a movement deck. You don't have to choose between Geralt and Zoltan - why not play with both :D

DRK3

Forum veteran
Its true Gwent has a big problem with all of the underperforming golds, but the actual list of those that seriously need a buff is not even half of the original OPs list. Sure, some are harder to make it work, but they're still OK as they are.

27 of the cards in the OP are actually alright and I've seen them played to good effect since the midwinter patch. Some of them I see fairly regularly (Saskia, Renew, Letho, Regis, Succubus, Letho Kingslayer, regular Yennefer, Cerys, Seltkirk, Shilard) ... so I'm not sure why they're on the list at all. There are a bunch of other ones that work situationally pretty well that I see rarely, but do get played.

That still leaves 17 that I agree on, namely:

Sihil, Wolfsbane, Kambi, A: Sage, Pricsilla, Vernon Roche, Ciri not nova, Gaunter, Lambert, Zoltan Duda, Dandelion, Dragonfire, Aguara true form, Vabiorn, Old speartip ver 2, Xarthisius, Lugos. These need some work IMO, as I haven't seen any of them more than once in ranked.

gards;n10508592 said:
Respect to the OP for taking the time and effort.

Nope. Aguara is 20 or 25 points if you have brain. She is the only reason i reinstall this game and make netdeckers cry.

A lot of the cards mentioned are actually pretty decent.

Sihil is pretty interesting for example. It's not too hard to get ~20 value with that (30+ are sometimes possible). And if you are running out of options just draw a card instead. I don't see a way to buff this card without making it busted. It's currently well designed. I think we need more cards like that and less easy point swings.

People not playing a card that often doesn't necessarily mean much. A short time ago, a lot of people considered Cleaver and Saskia bad. Now you see these cards in most ST decks. And as mentioned by other people, some cards are bound to certain archetypes that are just not very strong right now.

Top Bottom