Anyone else notice the change in Avatar and border rewards?

+
Anyone else notice the change in Avatar and border rewards?

So, in the last update, they started naming the seasons. But what really caught me by surprise is the change in past rewards and how they become available. For example, if you notice the Wild Hunt Navigator title, which was previously available to those who finished 1 to 250 in the Ranked Season 3, now it is available to those who finish 1 to 10,000 in the Season of The Wild Hunt (December). So that means that, unless I am mistaken, past rewards will be available again, as we move on with every season, and each season of each month will have the same name every year. So we are now in the middle of season of Mahakam, from what I understand avatars and borders that one doesn't claim now can be claimed at ANY season of Mahakam (February), the following years. Which I find a really cool move :)

What do you think about it?

I noticed that yesterday too while looking through the trinkets - I thought it seemed funny that they would still show unowned trinkets that would be permantantly unavailable (seemed a little disheartening). So I really hope you're right! I missed out on seasons 1-3 and would kill to have some of those borders.

This was announced a while ago. There is already a suggestion about giving the rewards retroactively.

It's all part of the plan to make the rewards more accessible, instead of just the top 0.1%.

I noticed... and I immediately thought it was a mistake to SHOW those past season rewards without awarding them...

I mean I get the probable reason was because they wanted to cut down on DB cruft, so they just converted the old rewards entries... but it leaves a sour taste for those who would have achieved them under the new standards.... probably complicated by the fact that I don't think they actually keep a record of previous seasons on the player profile, just a waterline variable that says the max level you EVER achieved, which is not helpful for backtracking rewards for specific seasons.

Top Bottom