Merciless is a BAD BAD card

+
Lyserus;n10533532 said:
If not for forum regulation I would roast you so much...
Thank you for resisting the temptation.

However, as a general reminder to everyone: Play nicely, and try not to be too harsh when commenting on others' ideas.

DannyGuy;n10533182 said:

I don't understand how the devs make me facepalm so much. That simply can't be the redesign. That is worse than a silver card. Hell that is worse than most bronze cards! Whoever is designing these cards please come communicate with the fans of the game and explain what in the world you are thinking.

Roche Merciless went from having a range of terrible to game winning card....and NOW it's a terrible to mediocre card. It's usually just going to be terrible because how many games do you play ambush? No one will play this card in this state.

Last edited:
StrykerxS77x;n10533902 said:
how many games do you play ambush?
Every game, I thought it meant the end to my most successful deck to date, as it is it will still serve as brutal counter.
It's not only about the power of the card, say 6 power for Turuvial, though he's usually 7 after playing Braenn. Its about screwing me out of the extra 8+6, and removing a possible win condition.

Last edited:

Guest 4226291

Lyserus;n10533532 said:
If not for forum regulation I would roast you so much... such ignorance

If you actually Read the post you will see my full suggestion on the merciless tweak.

Unlike you I am trying to tweak the card to a viable state, and you are just ranting offering only negative opinion.

As for the 20 point argument, point advantage is never the core of suggestions since it can be altered easily with patch, and the goal of suggestion is to make the card good at what it is, in this case Merciless is suppose to be a good counter strategy for ambush cards, and my suggestion works better than the original and tweaked version of merciless now

You’re right. I was being a dick and being negative. I’m sorry.

As for your idea, I just don’t think it’s a good enough one to make him viable. You said I didn’t read your post but all I saw that your post said was making him lock. While it’s true that basing points off a card isn’t the basis of balancing them, I think 6 points that locks, or even destroys an ambush unit is just terrible. It’s like the old Cyprian Willy that no one ever used.

RosariasFinger;n10534502 said:
Every game, I thought it meant the end to my most successful deck to date, as it is it will still serve as brutal counter.
It's not only about the power of the card, say 6 power for Turuvial, though he's usually 7 after playing Braenn. Its about screwing me out of the extra 8+6, and removing a possible win condition.

I meant play against ambush. No one is going to play this card, it's absolutely shit.

EternalJxx;n10533452 said:
Why exactly would that be better? That would make him worse than even the silvers that lock. He would be a worse version of Margarita lmao

Most golds go for about 20 points, a 6 strength unit that destroys an ambush is short of 20 value and only under specific circumstances. He’s such a terrible card, making him only lock makes him only 2 points stronger than the useless dimeritium shackles...

Everyone has such terrible ideas

This is funny cause Margarita is already an unplayable card as long as mandrake exists xD

EternalJxx;n10534512 said:
You’re right. I was being a dick and being negative. I’m sorry.

As for your idea, I just don’t think it’s a good enough one to make him viable. You said I didn’t read your post but all I saw that your post said was making him lock. While it’s true that basing points off a card isn’t the basis of balancing them, I think 6 points that locks, or even destroys an ambush unit is just terrible. It’s like the old Cyprian Willy that no one ever used.

Apology accepted, welcome back to the positive club :D

Top Bottom