Golds in arena?

+

Golds in arena?

• Total voters
Golds in arena?

I dont normally watch streamers but came across a streamer who was playing arena early on the test server...as far as draws go just wow. 8 gold cards, 12 silver and 6 bronze. His opponent played even more gold.. This pretty much kills whatever synergy you could build. Looks like battle of the big gold cards. Is this the normal and planned to get this many gold cards. 2 dandelion poet in same deck, 2 coral, 2 triss. It also just so happens the game was lost by geralt professional showing the potential issues with a card like that.Thinking maybe you guys should look at limiting the silver and bronze cards our else people may get irritated when they lose to loaded deck. Maybe I'm just over reacting.?As usual curious your thoughts..

Sorry have some typos in the above post, sorry. Mod you can delete the post if you like. I was just surprised by the first match

It's a different mode. As far as modes go, the more modes they have, the better. So, why not have a mode with unlimited gold/silver and may be add a mode with limited too.

A group of us at the Inn at the Crossroads play Bronze only Decks... it's actually pretty fun

I'm all up for supergolds

I don't agree with any of the poll's choices so here's what I think: there should be no limits to anything.

How many games of Arena do you think you will play? One? Nah. You'll play many games that whatever you get in the deck builder part won't matter much in the long run.

I know who it was. I thought we are not suppose to mention people by name though in the forum though. Anyway you guys are right I guess. I've been saving ore and plan on using it so it should be fine after many matches.. Just feels like so many gold don't mesh well with each other. At least we will get a chance to play done of the gold that are not used.

Mancoon1980;n10541772 said:
I know who it was. I thought we are not suppose to mention people by name though in the forum though

That mostly applies if you're reporting a supposed cheater, or something similar. :)

Anyway, I think it fits the nature of the Arena that Golds are unlimited.
I know I wouldn't like to pay 150 ore, get lucky with card choices but then get hindered by a limit on the number of Golds I can have in my deck.
(Same goes for Silvers.)

I think it depends on what people want from this mode.

If you want something a bit "competitive" with actual skill involved and specific tactic, following the same logic for Gold/Silver/Bronze cards is just unevitable but if you want something lighter that's just big fun to take a break from the Pro ladder/Ranked then who cares.

I would personally prefer a more "ballanced" envirronement myself but clearly the majority of players (at least here) seem to disagree with me so I guess I would adapt.
Either way, this is going to be an interesting mode so I don't really give that too much importance.

By the way, it just occured to me, did they made the "new" combat engineer in purpose? Like, the card that has no synergy with the faction he's in but can be an interesting pick in Arena because you can very much get NR machines? Because if so, this is genius. Obviously not something they have to spam everywhere but it would be funny to have 1~2 units in each faction that synergies with mechanics from others just for Arena (like a NR consume unit or SK handbuff XD).

I don't agree with any of the options, I quite like the fact that there are many many golds and silvers in arena. I'd make it so that you could have a minimum of 6 golds and 9 silvers in your deck - this doesn't prevent supergold decks from existing, but it prevents loser decks from being a thing.

Also, most of the synergistic cards are bronze, so if there were bronze cards, we as players would be forced to pick more trash cards.

After awhile of playing arena I feel they should be unlimited only it would be nice to be paired with some one who had a similar number of golds. I've had any where from 13 to as little as 4 golds.

Hamood9955;n10563032 said:
where is the fun in limiting them =(

I would ask where is the fun in having them be unlimited? The power difference makes Arena ridiculously casual and uninteresting.

StrykerxS77x;n10693571 said:
I would ask where is the fun in having them be unlimited? The power difference makes Arena ridiculously casual and uninteresting.

I don't understand how you think it is casual and uninteresting when you have no idea what is coming next, yes you may win or lose but it is not the same redundant crap casual and ranked have become with the same decks allllll day long. At least in arena you have to actually think about what you draw and how to play them.

thirdeye50;n10693591 said:
I don't understand how you think it is casual and uninteresting when you have no idea what is coming next, yes you may win or lose but it is not the same redundant crap casual and ranked have become with the same decks allllll day long. At least in arena you have to actually think about what you draw and how to play them.

I should be more specific. Arena has a fun element to it because like you are talking about it's something new and different and you can't predict what is coming next. That is certainly true.

However what's good about it wears off for people like myself because of how NONCOMPETITIVE this mode is. Games really aren't won or lost due to being better at the game because the cards you have are massively influenced by luck. First there is the luck of what cards you get to choose from and then there is the luck of how many golds and silvers vs. Bronze cards you will have compared to your opponent. What incentive is there for me to play this mode when winning or losing is so luck based? There are the rewards which I am sure newer players love but once you already have as much loot as you need then what is the draw to play this mode?

When I create my arena deck two things will usually happen. It will either be too underpowered compared to my opponents and I'll probably just want to break the contract right away, OR it will be so great that I can steam roll most of the players I come in contact with. I just don't see how that is interesting. In the regular game it's my crafted deck vs. someone elses and we have the same amount of gold cards. There is a lot more fairness in that mode. Arena is like the exact opposite. Arena is closer to the game of War that kids play. If your random set of cards has more numbers then you win.

If they change Arena so everyone has the same amount of silvers and golds I will probably enjoy it a lot more.

Last edited:
I still think having no limits on Golds and Silvers is a good thing. If I want to play competitive, I'll go to ranked or even casual; Arena is strictly for having fun with the weirdest combos and synergies I can manage to put together. :p

Yeah, I've had a 3-Gold deck before, and faced opponents with 7+ Golds, but it's part of the experience. Besides, you can still do well without a high number of Golds; a mostly Bronze and Silver deck with good synergies can definitely better than a 13-Gold deck with no synergies. Alternatively, 3 synergistic Golds can be better than 13 "pure strength" ones.
"Quality over quantity" applies in the Arena. (And no, "quality" does not refer to B/S/G.)

Top Bottom