Should Brouver be Changed?

+
Should Brouver be Changed?

in my oppinion is Brouver one of the main reasons we got this ST problems in the last months.

I think his ability is not good if you have it all time with you in form of a leader and also works to well with some ST cards.

But i have to admit that i dont have any idea what could be a new good and synergizing ability.
So what you guys think about it?

Is Brouver a problem and if no why not?
What you think would be a good new ability?
Any other leader who could need a change or is a little to good for a leader?

Last edited:
It's a decent finisher, provided you use him with Hattori. But it's not why ST is that good. It's bronzes that create other bronzes, such as agitators. In general, cards that don't rely on synergy to be good and archetypes that don't require engines.

It's a problem for Gwent in general.

The Leaders - other than the Create leaders - are all really powerful in their own ways. Where would reveal be without Mouvran? Consume without arachas queen? Brouver is maybe the most powerful ST leader, and he seems to invalidate Francesca to a certain degree (it seems to be generally considered that Brouver is just flatly better than her in most situations), but I don't think he's a problem.

If you wanted to give him new abilities just make it dwarf-centric. search for and play a dwarf from the deck, including golds, boost all dwarves in play by 2 and give them armour, maybe, create two mahakam defenders... there's tons of approaches you could take. I don't think they will though.

CDPR doesn't even seem to want to fix the Create leaders, despite them being terrible.

iamthedave;n10545822 said:
The Leaders - other than the Create leaders - are all really powerful in their own ways. Where would reveal be without Mouvran? Consume without arachas queen? Brouver is maybe the most powerful ST leader, and he seems to invalidate Francesca to a certain degree (it seems to be generally considered that Brouver is just flatly better than her in most situations), but I don't think he's a problem.

If you wanted to give him new abilities just make it dwarf-centric. search for and play a dwarf from the deck, including golds, boost all dwarves in play by 2 and give them armour, maybe, create two mahakam defenders... there's tons of approaches you could take. I don't think they will though.

CDPR doesn't even seem to want to fix the Create leaders, despite them being terrible.

Your new here by the look of it so imma just say it. they nerfed dwarfs to the ground more then once, pretty sure recently there was a dwarf nerf, its not brouver that's the problem, there needs to be more synjergy between the leader and the appropriate loyal untis, buti mean technically this also give him more viability in other decks and creates more variety. Also their are other leaders that act as a tutor. Look at freaking gaels unless they changed him again

I don't have an issue with Brouver. It's a pretty good and reliable leader.

The main problem IMO is the coinflip abuse with CA spies. But that's not just a Brouver thing.
Henselt is doing pretty good in ranked (at least around 19/20) and doing kind of the very same thing.

There will always be combos that can easily put you in a tough spot when going first. Nerfing Brouver won't change a thing.

jeremyb616;n10546002 said:
Your new here by the look of it so imma just say it. they nerfed dwarfs to the ground more then once, pretty sure recently there was a dwarf nerf, its not brouver that's the problem, there needs to be more synjergy between the leader and the appropriate loyal untis, buti mean technically this also give him more viability in other decks and creates more variety. Also their are other leaders that act as a tutor. Look at freaking gaels unless they changed him again

Aside from your snide condescension (which isn't even accurate because I'm a day one player who board surfed until recently), you clearly don't understand my post.

I said 'if'. 'IF' you wanted to change Brouver, you COULD do those things I suggested. I also said Brouver is not a problem in my opinion.

However, it is pretty telling that Francesca, who has a mulligan ability as her one ability, isn't even used in the most popular mulligan deck. That seems to suggest something's a little bit off somewhere, no? I like Francesca personally, but she seems to be poorly regarded by the better players.

devivre;n10546342 said:
I don't have an issue with Brouver. It's a pretty good and reliable leader.

The main problem IMO is the coinflip abuse with CA spies. But that's not just a Brouver thing.
Henselt is doing pretty good in ranked (at least around 19/20) and doing kind of the very same thing.

There will always be combos that can easily put you in a tough spot when going first. Nerfing Brouver won't change a thing.

CA spies is the only way to attempt to deal with coinflip. although the issues with coinflip will more then likly never be truly resolved

jeremyb616;n10546392 said:
CA spies is the only way to attempt to deal with coinflip. although the issues with coinflip will more then likly never be truly resolved

I think it's causing more issues than it solves. I've been playing ranked mostly without CA spies the past three seasons. That works pretty well until you hit a point where too many people start using CA spy in combination with coinflip.

To be honest, I don't see a convincing argument why CA spies are essential at the moment. But of course I might be wrong.

devivre;n10546452 said:
I think it's causing more issues than it solves. I've been playing ranked mostly without CA spies the past three seasons. That works pretty well until you hit a point where too many people start using CA spy in combination with coinflip.

To be honest, I don't see a convincing argument why CA spies are essential at the moment. But of course I might be wrong.
Just rough. I get your argument here I do. Been playing since Closed Beta. I think the way CDPR went about it at first is everyone has a spy no ones disadvantage, that is until someone builds a deck without one. I dunno, im just so used to CA in general being a normal sought after goal in this game since witcher 3. (i know it changed) Figured that was always the main focal point that CA gives a edge, I wish i knew a way to balance Spie CA with other things in the game getting buffs

Snake_Foxhounder;n10545802 said:
It's a decent finisher, provided you use him with Hattori. But it's not why ST is that good. It's bronzes that create other bronzes, such as agitators. In general, cards that don't rely on synergy to be good and archetypes that don't require engines.

It's a problem for Gwent in general.
Agitators actually have synergy... with Dwarves. Only Elven Scout doesn't. And don't ask my opinion on Bronze Create cards...
nunqmuo;n10545992 said:
Brouver is meant for Dwarfs. So he should play any bronze or silver dorf units and thats it. No spies. No any silver units. Too versatile.

Hattori should resurrect only elves.

Their current abilities dont make sense, as of now.
My friend, should Bran be able to discard only Tuirseach units? Should Harald have synergy only with An Craite? Priestess of Freya should res only Heymay, etc. If we're going that way, let's go all the way.
Hellsmoke77;n10546222 said:
People are just going to cry until ST is completely useless huh? It's amazing how ST gets so much hate when there are so many things wrong with the other factions. Brouver is a leader, you play him once. He is supposed to be worth something unlike Dagon..
Scoia hate never dies...

Is it time to change Brouver?

Maybe he should have to pick from 3 random dwarfs instead of free pick.
Or is there anyone disagreeing that he has the most boring and predictable play of all leaders in the entire game?

I'd say it's not Brouver that bothers me, but the coinflip abuse, which Brouver is very good at.
It's just frustrating to go 1-2 cards down if u don't get a spy and your opponent has a 100% reliable way to pull his spy.
Full RNG aspect and no fun at all.

TheEpicWhale;n10707511 said:
Maybe he should have to pick from 3 random dwarfs instead of free pick.
Or is there anyone disagreeing that he has the most boring and predictable play of all leaders in the entire game?

That sort of randomness would kill this leader. Also keep in mind that it's not the only deck that can abuse the coinflip. IMO the answer to that can only be dealing with coinflip and/or CA spies in some way.

Brouver's ability doesn't strike me as problematic. Besides, a lot of leaders are kinda "predictable", some perhaps even more. You always know what will happen, when you see Dagon, Harald, Unseen Elder and so on. But that's often not a bad thing - I don't mind a reliable leader.

Top Bottom