New season new golds. What golds you are eager to try?

+
Unicorn and Cerys have the most interesting interactions (not with each other). I don't expect anything competitive yet, but you can do fun things with it.

I will try to create the perfect third round: Imlerith Sabbath, Parasite to boost him and pass. And win, of course.
And Ihuarraqax in an Handbuff deck could be great, if he (or it) maintains the streaming mechanic.

Imlerith looks fun to play. That one is on my list too. Same with Cerys.
I also want to make a deck with Dandelion Vainglory.

But I guess I'll craft most of them, so we'll see how it goes :D

Ihuarraquax, because the mechanic is brand new. Also because of the art and because unicorn = horse. :D

I'm also interested in trying out Geralt: Professional, because its mechanic is so lore-friendly.

VladAtheris;n10566392 said:
I want to try Ciri: Nova. It looks pretty nice even though it could use a small buff to make it competitive.

Hah! Ach! I can assure you, this card is more than competitive enough as is. I've faced two solid seasons of Ciri: Nova, and she's proved more than a formidable opponent, when played properly.

I tried Imlerith on casual. pulled him on the last round only, but he survived exactly because it was the last round. Cerys is interesting as well. Then I want to try Ihuarraquax with Aguara :)

D:poet first, as I think it's the most likely to get nerfed. I expect it to become as ubiquitous as Ciri very quickly, simply because there's no risk involved. Vilgefortz is better, but he sometimes just gets you nonsense.
Easily the best card out of this batch, but not particularly exciting, at least to me.
Then T:Telekinesis. I like consistency, and I like toolboxes. Not as huge as Ithlinne, but no problems with bricking either. Also, her portfolio is considerably larger.
I:Sabbath will go into a deck that'll totally obliterate everything on the rare occasion it works. Interesting build-around card.
I'll have to see if Ihuarraquax' effect is repeatable. If so, I'm going to try some self-wounding abomination with heals.

I'm giving Cerys the pass for the time being. Although I will definitely at least test whether she needs to be alive for her effect to work.
M:Forest Child is interesting but really needs a second flip condition to not be a huge liability. Like the opponent passing or something.
For a Necromancer, Yen seems rather dull ... and I'm gonna give the new Roche and Geralt a wide berth for sure.

Riven-Twain;n10566442 said:
Hah! Ach! I can assure you, this card is more than competitive enough as is. I've faced two solid seasons of Ciri: Nova, and she's proved more than a formidable opponent, when played properly.

I believe he may have employed the 'sarcasm' silver special card.

For me? Imlerith, Imlerith and Imlerith. Don't even care if he sticks. Just a cool, cool effect. And potentially powerful enough that he'll flat out crush point slam, no interaction, no removal decks (of which there's a few).

Crafted the premiums for Imelrith & Ihuarraquax with leftover fliff. Made a hasty "control" deck to support Imelrith, played two games, won both. I'm not yet convinced I can make this deck reliable enough for ladder-climbing, but fook me if it wasn't fun as hell playing him! Great card. LOVE stuff like this in Gwent.

NomanPeopled;n10570692 said:
D:poet first, as I think it's the most likely to get nerfed. I expect it to become as ubiquitous as Ciri very quickly, simply because there's no risk involved. Vilgefortz is better, but he sometimes just gets you nonsense.
Easily the best card out of this batch, but not particularly exciting, at least to me.
Then T:Telekinesis. I like consistency, and I like toolboxes. Not as huge as Ithlinne, but no problems with bricking either. Also, her portfolio is considerably larger.
I:Sabbath will go into a deck that'll totally obliterate everything on the rare occasion it works. Interesting build-around card.
I'll have to see if Ihuarraquax' effect is repeatable. If so, I'm going to try some self-wounding abomination with heals.

I'm giving Cerys the pass for the time being. Although I will definitely at least test whether she needs to be alive for her effect to work.
M:Forest Child is interesting but really needs a second flip condition to not be a huge liability. Like the opponent passing or something.
For a Necromancer, Yen seems rather dull ... and I'm gonna give the new Roche and Geralt a wide berth for sure.

I: Sabbath for me

You dont need to build around him. He is a "deal with me or lose the game" card.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I maintain my opinion that most of these new golds are truly terrible, with a few exceptions. However, i've been thinking on how to maximize them, and i've come up with new strategies for 2 of them:

Ihuarraquax - so, this card is 7 pt base strength, and when you play it, damages by 5, so it becomes 2 pt - really easy to remove, before you can reset it to 7 or strengthen it and trigger its effect. However... with handbuffs, if you buff it exactly 5, to 12 pts, when you play it it should become 7 pt = base value and trigger instantly!

Buffing exactly 5 pts might be hard though, since Aguara handbuff chooses a random unit on your hand, then there's those 3 bronze SC units that handbuff, but only one lets you choose what unit you want, and it buffs by 3, so you need the remaining 2 from somewhere else...

Geralt Professional - i criticized this card for being great, but only against one faction, and a 11 pt gold otherwise...

HOWEVER, since it's Neutral, you can use it on a Monster deck yourself. That way, if the enemy steals or copies one of your units, you can kill it guaranteed. Not good enough?

Give him a high value unit you want with Operator on R3, and you have another target. Not good enough?

Simple. Play silver spy. Instant destroy silver spy, like the NG do with that spy destroying Gold!

DRK3;n10588932 said:
I maintain my opinion that most of these new golds are truly terrible, with a few exceptions. However, i've been thinking on how to maximize them, and i've come up with new strategies for 2 of them:

Ihuarraquax - so, this card is 7 pt base strength, and when you play it, damages by 5, so it becomes 2 pt - really easy to remove, before you can reset it to 7 or strengthen it and trigger its effect. However... with handbuffs, if you buff it exactly 5, to 12 pts, when you play it it should become 7 pt = base value and trigger instantly!

Buffing exactly 5 pts might be hard though, since Aguara handbuff chooses a random unit on your hand, then there's those 3 bronze SC units that handbuff, but only one lets you choose what unit you want, and it buffs by 3, so you need the remaining 2 from somewhere else...

Geralt Professional - i criticized this card for being great, but only against one faction, and a 11 pt gold otherwise...

HOWEVER, since it's Neutral, you can use it on a Monster deck yourself. That way, if the enemy steals or copies one of your units, you can kill it guaranteed. Not good enough?

Give him a high value unit you want with Operator on R3, and you have another target. Not good enough?

Simple. Play silver spy. Instant destroy silver spy, like the NG do with that spy destroying Gold!

or just play I: Sabbath and buff him with mandrake and he can eat your spy and everything else on the board while you win the game

Top Bottom