Decided to quit

+
The last set control was the ruler and this set is spam points. Like I said not always what you like is gonna be good just play the top mechanic to rank up or just play for fun. A new set ;leaders and probably a new type of mechanic will came and yes will be op for the grin and to make you pay for them just as any card game company.

TweetyLeaf;n10603982 said:
So as I said:
When basic mechanics win over advanced mechanics, the game is doing something wrong.

Honestly, it shouldn't. Engine decks, weather decks, they should all beat point spam. If you are not having a good win-rate against the deck, then you are playing it wrong.

One thing I agree with is that point-slam decks are easier. So for low skill players, point-spam can work better than other decks. But tons of engine decks are viable at high ranks, you just need to build the deck well and play it correctly.

Henselt is also tier 1 and not point-spam, Alchemy is the best deck out there and not point-spam (Reveal neither), Deathwish is not point-spam and tier 1 as well, Greatswords is not point-spam and equally tier 1. Eithne is tier 2, but viable, and not point-spam. So every single faction has options that are not point-spam and are competitive at the highest levels. That is not counting viable brews like Drunken dwarves that are viable up to quite high in the ladder.

Now, you can't expect that every home brew you make will be competitively viable. That is not a problem of Gwent, that is simply not how card games work. I tried to make an Ogroid deck work, and it simply wouldn't. It is simply bad. But shinmiri is having a lot of success with a very spicy Wild hunt deck, and if you call that deck point-spam, then I'm not sure what is not point-spam.

When I get frustrated or tired (intense periods of play like end season week) I take a break. I really enjoy this with my own decks, I know I'm not gonna climb more than 18 if I don't play meta decks but I don't mind it. I had craps to make a meta deck like alchemy at the end of this season, I was looking for new decks and finally I made a moonlight deck because I love monsters. I know I will not be in the top players hall but I have a lot of fun playing with this deck. I try to be competitive but I know my limitations attending to the current state of GWENT. I get my daily rewards, increasing my cards collection and enjoying it.
Dont be so drastic OP, take a break a return fully charged.

SHALLAHJUSTICE;n10605422 said:
You need to make better decks with pre planned strategies in dealing with popular moves and decks like CA spies and bouver.
Ditto. but I feel like if my whole game is based around counteracting netdecks, its soon going to get as dull as the netdecks themselves.
Plus, I don't want to start googling tactics. i love figuring it out for myself. or watching an opponent and thinking "I'll try that"

I feel the same, last season i got over 4k with my swordmaster deck and was good against henselt and morvan, but alchemy and elfswarm have too much tempo.
until cdpr release balance patch i have no desire to play ranked this season.

Why people feel the need to post their decision to quit playing a video game is beyond me. I mean, you already decided, finito, bon voyage . What else is left there? Attention seeking? Idk if anyone cares about that.

Sorry, not trying to be a dick, it's just really baffles me.

HenryGrosmont;n10611662 said:
Why people feel the need to post their decision to quit playing a video game is beyond me. I mean, you already decided, finito, bon voyage . What else is left there? Attention seeking? Idk if anyone cares about that.

Sorry, not trying to be a dick, it's just really baffles me.

My reasoning for posting here is simple and it is the same reason why I still read these forums: I care about CDPR. I believe they are maybe the best gaming company in the world now that Bioware was sold to EA and does not exist anymore.

Gwent is failing and I do not want to see that. Quietly quitting does not help them to know the reasons why they lose players, telling them why helps them, and maybe someday they decide to take the game into direction where it was going before midwinter.

If company loses customers, the most important thing for the company is to know why it happens, so they have opportunity to fix things.

TweetyLeaf;n10612052 said:
My reasoning for posting here is simple and it is the same reason why I still read these forums: I care about CDPR. I believe they are maybe the best gaming company in the world now that Bioware was sold to EA and does not exist anymore.

Gwent is failing and I do not want to see that. Quietly quitting does not help them to know the reasons why they lose players, telling them why helps them, and maybe someday they decide to take the game into direction where it was going before midwinter.

If company loses customers, the most important thing for the company is to know why it happens, so they have opportunity to fix things.

I think CDPR are the best RPG gaming company in the world right now, with Bioware on an obvious decline in recent years. They still need to hit the right note with Cyberpunk to cement that status in my opinion. And as we see with GWENT, they're pretty green when dealing with other genres.

TweetyLeaf;n10603982 said:
Please dont speak on my behalf.

Does not solve the problem. Sabbath's gameplay is interesting but you need to build your deck around that card for it to be effective, you cannot "just throw it" in there and win.

My problem is not "difficulty with point spam" my problem is that the interesting and creative combos lose (have no change at all) against decks that utilize single or 2 card combos.
Like elven swap deck for example.

I have already given examples elsewhere but I share something now.
NR has cool long combo that can be played around and is fun, it will not win you the game even though one would think it's quite strong.

mandrake (buff) -> Vigo -> letho -> dudu -> regis.

Other one interesting would be monsters:

siren -> bridge troll -> jotun -> she-troll to rotfiend.

Both combos lose HARD to point spam and removal.

So as I said:
When basic mechanics win over advanced mechanics, the game is doing something wrong.

Seems like you are trying to play bad cards and expect to win...

liezldiezldee;n10612682 said:
Seems like you are trying to play bad cards and expect to win...

I was trying to play cards that have some depth and mechanics that complement each other aka synergy.
That means playing more than one card that gives you "play this card and boost it by 10" and thats it. That is one card, no synergy required.
If you win by doing that, then I am playing wrong game. This is not for me.

Viper Witcher, Resurrect a Leader, in addition to that card called 'Raz Na Roog?" (the all row weather card), are ridiculously overpowered in function and strength.

In fact, if I see anyone playing those cards - I now take my jolly time when it's my turn. I might even go make a coffee and think about my next move. That's unfortunate if you're impatient - I like to contemplate all the options.

MikeP999;n10628611 said:
Viper Witcher, Resurrect a Leader, in addition to that card called 'Raz Na Roog?" (the all row weather card), are ridiculously overpowered in function and strength.

Just because someone plays a good card (not even overpowered), you just start roping the match? How sportmanlike of you. You do realize that's against the rules and you can get reported for that, right? Regardless, when you have to use methods like these, I would think long and hard why you are playing the game in the first place.

i can't believe i'm posting in a topic like this, but the server BS is really pissing me off. the hotfix was a joke and a lie. if anything the servers are worse. unless there is a change, maybe i'll be quitting too.

Lifecoach decided to quit

SuperJJ said,
- He does not play Gwent at all.
- The cause that he stopped is RNG create card.
- He seems to play Artifact: The Dota Card Game all the time.

- HS has begun to coordinate the skill serious consideration in an arena mode.
- Gwent made an arena mode.
- The winner has a strong card on a deck. it's a simple.
- It was a deterioration arena of HS.
- Gwent made RNG create card for arena mode, and murdered oneself.

RIP Gwent slam

https://gwent.io/en-US/user/LifecoachGwent
:sad:

giorno;n10635601 said:
Lifecoach decided to quit

SuperJJ said,
- He does not play Gwent at all.
- The cause that he stopped is RNG create card.
- He seems to play Artifact: The Dota Card Game all the time.

https://gwent.io/en-US/user/LifecoachGwent
:sad:

While it is true that SuperJJ dislikes Create, he has been streaming Gwent a few times the past few days.

Lifecoach hasn't given up on Gwent yet (he said that during a recent Twitch stream). But we'll probably not see him stream Gwent that soon

Guest 4021160

Majority correspondents reminds me so much of a 3 year old refused a toy. There's only one gentlemans' game and its not gwent.

Karolis.petrikas;n10636591 said:
Majority correspondents reminds me so much of a 3 year old refused a toy. There's only one gentlemans' game and its not gwent.

Please educate us lower beings dear sir.

Top Bottom