Decided to quit

+
i'm beginning to think xbox players should organize a boycott of the game if CDPR doesn't do something about the servers soon. their hotfix made things exponentially worse for us.

Guest 4021160

idomyownstunts;n10638571 said:
Oh. Not lighting farts then? I was way off.

Lighting farts is a consequence of a more sinister variant of gentlemans' game.

Cardzilla;n10639641 said:
i'm beginning to think xbox players should organize a boycott of the game if CDPR doesn't do something about the servers soon. their hotfix made things exponentially worse for us.

Xbox players should have boycotted long ago as gwentup puts then at a HUGE disadvantage, PS4 players too.

I have played Gwent from the beginning and am a devout fan of all the Witcher RPG's. Evolving decks and cards for the sake of change seems to have become the narrative. I refuse to play decks that are cookie cutter extreme buffing and milling factories. What is the point? To see if your opponent happens to have the same deck and then it's down to who goes first. I have run into the same Nilfgard/Knight/Spotter/Buffer deck and it's impossible to stop. That is bad design and programming. There should be NO DECKS that are a slam dunk or even close... seriously what is the point?! Go through the motions and pat yourself on the back?! Well then in the same turn shame yourself for possessing ZERO creativity. Who enjoys this? Cards and decks need to be balanced and grow only in complexity and creative options not a nuclear button to sit back and count up the "Valuable" wins?! Fix this or your going to lose a lot of dedicated players and fans like me. I'll just stick to Witcher lore and upcoming media about the Netflix series coming. Peace out.

Первый раз пишу на форуме но терпение кончилось . Играл в збт решил вернутся сразу же купил несколько бочек для поддержки разработчиков и сборку через скеллиге . Играл через отбой все шло нормально но тут я увидел что монстры могут играть через накеров и вранов. Ложите 3 накера и одного врана все победа . Вран ест накера он поднимается в уроне умирает но накер чем его не убивай бесконечно приходит на поле боя. Я вижу эту картину и колени начинаются трястись происходит разгон накеров и вранов до 150 это только 4 карты вы с ума сошли.

I believe if you feel nothing but anger and frustration with the game then its time to quit. I'm thinking to quit after this ranked season as I have constant server/connection issues. Im playin on XBox and I believe it is frequent issue.

Gwent suppose to be tactical game. Game of wits but unfortunatelly it became game with overpowered decks , coin flip disadvantage and constant connection problems. So perhaps its a time to take a break....

Players just don't get it. Net decks exist in every CCG. And their existence kills diversity. One way around it is to create a rock, scissors, paper kind of relationship between archetypes. Certain types of decks keep others in check. But players complain about this too. For example, Viper Witchers shutting down engine card decks. But for those decks without consistent removal, engine card decks slaughter them.

Anyhow, I still love gwent. It is prob the best CCG out there. Play any PvP CCG for 1000 hours and you're no bound to have issues with it. The good news is that CDPR is working to bring balance back to the game. They will remove create cards from ranked/pro. They will have three viable archetypes for each faction. Plus we are getting more cards, another faction, and Thronebreaker.

Don't give up on the game. Just take break. Come back in April for the next season. It will be much better.

Yeah I hear you OP.

I have decided to only play arena because I find at least there is some level of unpredictably in arena which is fun. You never know what your opponent has, especially coming to last cards in round 3.

But constructed and on the ladder - I just can't be bothered to play this season.

The ST point spam deck is an insult to ST as a faction. I look forward to CDPR honing down om the 3 archetypes per faction idea and remedying this situation in the future, because right now it is monotonous and not fun anymore.

Sailears;n10681261 said:
Yeah I hear you OP.

I have decided to only play arena because I find at least there is some level of unpredictably in arena which is fun. You never know what your opponent has, especially coming to last cards in round 3.

But constructed and on the ladder - I just can't be bothered to play this season.

The ST point spam deck is an insult to ST as a faction. I look forward to CDPR honing down om the 3 archetypes per faction idea and remedying this situation in the future, because right now it is monotonous and not fun anymore.

The ST point spam deck is no worse than the NR swarm deck, or the SK bears deck, or alchemy..ST doesn't even have a T1 deck. People cried about dwarves, now they got nerfed useless and people found the next best thing to cry about. I'm curious to see what people cry about after elves are made useless..

Hellsmoke77;n10681371 said:
The ST point spam deck is no worse than the NR swarm deck, or the SK bears deck, or alchemy..ST doesn't even have a T1 deck. People cried about dwarves, now they got nerfed useless and people found the next best thing to cry about. I'm curious to see what people cry about after elves are made useless..

Thats more a symptom of the game being horribly designed and dumbed down to the point where nothing but point spam is truly viable. Thats more why people are complaining.

Zjiin;n10681591 said:
Thats more a symptom of the game being horribly designed and dumbed down to the point where nothing but point spam is truly viable. Thats more why people are complaining.

Control Nilfgaard Alchemy and Greatswords engines just to mention two examples lol

New player experience is horrible, it is virtual impossible to complete daily quests. I have bought the starter pack and played a lot of arena to get some cards, but my card pool can't match established players card pool, so I win maybe one out of 10 matches in ranked match.

The problem is that there is so little randomness in this game, that better decks will win over weaker decks 99% of the time. Playing isn't fun when you know you're gonna loose. They need to make quests that you can complete even when loosing, like playing 10 gold cards, etc.

Bennzilla;n10682141 said:
New player experience is horrible, it is virtual impossible to complete daily quests. I have bought the starter pack and played a lot of arena to get some cards, but my card pool can't match established players card pool, so I win maybe one out of 10 matches in ranked match.

The problem is that there is so little randomness in this game, that better decks will win over weaker decks 99% of the time. Playing isn't fun when you know you're gonna loose. They need to make quests that you can complete even when loosing, like playing 10 gold cards, etc.

It is tough starting out, especially in ranked matches once you get to a certain level, especially if you don't want to netdeck. And it is super frustrating coming up against the same few decks over n over.

Just try and focus on getting those 6 round wins a day to build up your collection.

As your deck grows it'll improve but unfortunately unless you want to netdeck, you have to focus on countering netdecks.

Bennzilla;n10682141 said:

The less randomness, the better. Gwent should be about setting up your plays and thinking, not pulling a random card that wins you the game. We're far from it, though.

As for daily quests; Play 40 cards is a common one.

And you get matched with players of your own rank in ranked play. While it's possible that some people buy their way into Gwent, it's not possible that 9 out of 10 people have these incredible decks that beat yours. It's most likely on your end. I just started my PC account, which I haven't used since closed beta. Most players at ranks 4-8 use pretty much starter decks, with a few new cards.You probably don't have a clear idea of what you want your deck to do. Look up some archetypes and try and build something that synergizes well, then slowly build your collection to support that archetype.

Maybe post your deck/ideas here, and people will help you get started.

All popular stream stop to play and the rest decreasing live frequency. Next month come the new expansion of HS. I think its gg for Gwent.

Bennzilla What I did when I started was to mill two factions (namely ST and SK) so I can create 1 really viable deck, so I can climb and get dailies faster. It worked out and I refilled those two factions quite fast. Obviously it will be a lot harder to do that now, cause of the card pool, but if you know a faction or two that you like/want to play in general with, it's worth it to do something like this.

Also, keep an eye on cards that are considered OP and do not mill them till the next patch hits, so you can get the full value out of them.

Zjiin;n10681591 said:

I agree but complaining about a faction that just got a whole huge list of nerfs in the last balance patch isn't helping, more so when all other factions are spamming points as well and doing it better. ST has such a high play rate because it's cool and easy to play.

Top Bottom