Reasons for raw patches. A note to CDPR.

+
Reasons for raw patches. A note to CDPR.

This is not a rage-post. I like the developers a lot and want them and the game to succeed.

On that note, why are we getting a shitty, buggy, atrocious, under-performing patch two times in a row for the past two month?

If you can't meet the deadlines THATS FINE. Roll the new season out but don't release new modes / cards until its polished. Take your time. Do not throw a buggy unplayable mess at players. It gets annoying and offending.

You have closed and open PTR server-realms. You've been working on this arena for some time. You HAD TIME for release - nobody was urging you to spit it out on Feb 28th. Why is it still a buggy mess for crying out loud? What is the purpose of closed PTR? Why didn't the testers notice such blatant flaws? Or if it was working fine then, why so many cards are broken now?

Please, just... stop. Stop rushing if you can't keep up the pace. We won't hold the grudge.

While I understand your frustration, the game is still technically in open beta and things like this are bound to happen. On top of that PTR testing is never a perfect substitute for live and there will always be issues that only make themselves known upon deployment to live servers. Knowing CDPR's track record they should clear up any major issues quickly, patience is key either way.

tussauc;n10579052 said:
While I understand your frustration, the game is still technically in open beta and things like this are bound to happen. On top of that PTR testing is never a perfect substitute for live and there will always be issues that only make themselves known upon deployment to live servers. Knowing CDPR's track record they should clear up any major issues quickly, patience is key either way.

I really don't agree that "open beta" is an excuse for the issues that he was talking about. Yeah the game is still being developed so the devs have the open beta tag there but that doesn't mean these kinds of issues are perfectly fine. This is still an actual game that people play competitively and that people choose to spend money on. The devs even created a pro ladder for crying out loud. This being an open beta doesn't change what we are talking about. Personally I expect more from CDPR that this. The Witcher 3 was absolutely amazing. I don't get why I don't see the same kind of quality in this game.

Open Beta is no excuse 2 years after development. I am sick of "open beta" being vomited up. Its almost as bad as 3 year progressed games "early access" like come on. The game is still in development Mistakes are UNDERSTANDABLE!! but absolute game breaking bugs that 2 hours of testing could of exposed. all that can be said is why at that point. CDPR really has to up there game because they have fans who absolutely ADORE the witcher universe and storyline and love gwent as a game. but the last 3 months of updates and patching have been horrific for everyone themselves and the community. :stoptrolling:

I adore the Witcher universe, very much, and I am comfortable with the state of the game. The bugs I've encountered have not been that terrible and I do feel that it being in open beta is a fair reason for them to exist. These latest bugs have come with a patch introducing one of the games core features. That alone can cause many issues they may not find or that may not even appear in PTR. If you are not comfortable with the state of the game you can leave, it's understandable to do so.

Therealmorkvarg;n10579632 said:
but absolute game breaking bugs that 2 hours of testing could of exposed.

How many of these bugs did streamers encounter? Oh none? So they weren't discovered in 2 hours until they crept up in the main server? And now whatever is not working they are working on a hot fix for it

Have you considered a game development carrier? Or anything related to programming really for that matter. When Windows itself and Enterprise-level software has vulnerabilities that cost millions of dollars in damage repair why are you expecting any game developer to magically create a flawless monthly patch?
Try the other side's shoes every once in a while

Guest 4226291

Being Open Beta for so long is not an excuse for how bad the state of the game is. Constant crashes, disconnects, freezing, cards being removed from player’s collection, apparently making Vreemde a Leader (that is just laughable) and of course the dreaded horrible midwinter update that totally screwed the game. Since then it’s been nothing but a buggy mess and removing features (unique sound effects, cheaper and duller design, removing rank up rewards for ranks you skipped, removing card names only to add it back after expected disappointment, etc.)

I really want to believe they don’t intent to do this, but open beta is not an excuse with a fully complete store with micro transactions, sales on those micro transactions, discount weekends, etc.). Slapping Open Beta on something doesn’t justify them making the game bad.

They are still working on adding content and polishing, that's why it's still in Beta. So it is not the finished state of Gwent yet, it's still getting massive content drops, which also have to be polished so it's fine. If you dislike the current state of the game just leave it for some time and return when the game fully launches. Because it most likely won't be like this when the game launches, it'll be "complete" content wise and they can fully focus on balancing and polishing everything. Just be a bit patient and bear with them, apparently it's not that easy and also their first card game.

That's the way I see it and I'm here because I enjoy the game and want to support the devs.

The issue is that it's too much 'content' without enough polishing. They didn't fix half the issues with midwinter mess, but here comes the arena.
We have lot of useless cards in need of rework or just some minor tweaking yet they arw forgotren and more and more new cards are added.

I mean yesterday it felt more like alpha stage with constant disconnects and infinite searching. It's really time to start polishing.

Top Bottom