Imlerith: Sabbath

+

Should Sabbath be removed from the game?

• Total voters
Hellsmoke77;n10697251 said:
Nobody even plays Sabbath anymore

I do. Just hit rank 20 this morning, hehe. Got him in a Dagon deathwish deck that I've tweaked and modified over the course of the month and I think it's safe to say that at this point my current deck is finally competitive. Sabbath, for me, is a very good card to play either in the third round when it's a 3-4 card round, or as a way of getting rid of a problem machine card, or just as a bit of panic-inducing tempo as it forces the opponent to use a powerful counter that you'd rather not encounter in round 3.

Anyway. Feels good man.

:smile:

Jeydra;n10697271 said:
Ha, you've gone from beating it every time to beating it almost every time. Still want to play or are you still unhappy about deck trackers?

I was talking about deathwish and before you ask me to play again look up how cross play works in this game, it's not my job to educate you.

Besides that I already sent you my gt, I'm always on. Stop running your mouth and make it happen if it's so easy. Send me an invite you genius.

I'll tell you exactly how the game will go. You will get out tempoed and will be forced to either play your Sabbath or pass. If you play it then it will get mandraked and it's gg. If you pass I'll push you to the last card and then drop Nova. If you do manage to get it on the board it's getting scorched, period.

xX Hellsmoke Xx im on all night, bring it. This goes for anyone who wants to show me how op Sabbath is.

Last edited:
I'm a newb, so discount my experience accordingly. I happened to pull I:Sabbath in a keg a few days ago, so I stuck him in my starter Monster deck and fired up casual just to see how he works. My first couple efforts with him were hilarious failures. Since then I'm getting the idea, but he still seems pretty situational. If there's any tall unit on the other side of the board, Sabbath dies instantly. If the other side of the board has small units, Sabbath can do some damage, but he often dies fast to removal or a new tall unit. I've had most success with him when I've managed to use weather or removal and damage cards to keep tall cards from appearing, but it's still hit or miss.

I like the idea of saving him for a short round 3 and leading with him to panic the opposition a bit. Unfortunately, my round 3's seem to be long rounds. Again, I'm a newb, so what do I know.

Hellsmoke77;n10699941 said:
I was talking about deathwish and before you ask me to play again look up how cross play works in this game, it's not my job to educate you.

Besides that I already sent you my gt, I'm always on. Stop running your mouth and make it happen if it's so easy. Send me an invite you genius.

I'll tell you exactly how the game will go. You will get out tempoed and will be forced to either play your Sabbath or pass. If you play it then it will get mandraked and it's gg. If you pass I'll push you to the last card and then drop Nova. If you do manage to get it on the board it's getting scorched, period.

xX Hellsmoke Xx im on all night, bring it. This goes for anyone who wants to show me how op Sabbath is.

Big words. Come then, sent you a friend invite and waiting for you.

PS: I'll occasionally use a deck without Sabbath, so we can see how good your deck (+ your play) is when the opponent doesn't have the card.

EDIT: I've waited an hour. I can't wait anymore. RIP.
EDIT #2: I'd stopped playing Sabbath for a bit and took a deck out to test on casual mode. It seems to have gotten better. Evidently the meta reports made it clear that Sabbath isn't that good, and so people stopped playing it; accordingly people also took out Sabbath hate. That makes Sabbath more effective again. If I were lower on the ladder (currently top 100), I'd probably whip out a Sabbath deck again.

Last edited:
RazTheGnome;n10700501 said:
I'm a newb, so discount my experience accordingly. I happened to pull I:Sabbath in a keg a few days ago, so I stuck him in my starter Monster deck and fired up casual just to see how he works. My first couple efforts with him were hilarious failures. Since then I'm getting the idea, but he still seems pretty situational. If there's any tall unit on the other side of the board, Sabbath dies instantly. If the other side of the board has small units, Sabbath can do some damage, but he often dies fast to removal or a new tall unit. I've had most success with him when I've managed to use weather or removal and damage cards to keep tall cards from appearing, but it's still hit or miss.

I like the idea of saving him for a short round 3 and leading with him to panic the opposition a bit. Unfortunately, my round 3's seem to be long rounds. Again, I'm a newb, so what do I know.

I haven't been playing long myself, but I'd say you're spot on. if you can get at least 1 more turn before he's wiped out, strengthening him with Mandrake will get him up to 11, then if you have Renew, when he is wiped out, bring him back to cause more devastation

I tweaked my monster deck to see what would happen. I added one card that has gotten me more wins by the opponent forfeits then ever before. I play Sabbath late in round 1, when I am winning, and this makes the other player just pass, thinking, that card is gone. I then play one more card, add resilience to Sabbath, then pass, opponent forfeits. If they don't, then since almost always get the blue coin nowadays, I strengthen him up on first turn of round 2. If they don't have scorch it almost always a forfeit as nothing short of scorch can take him down at this point. Had one person lock him, since I run locks too, easy counter.

Using this deck combo I got a boat load of faction wins during this new faction challenge. Looking forward to all my rewards because my wins are up there now.

Lock can easily be gotten around with Demitirium shackles and/or Morvudd. The most effective and annoying card is the Mandrake which for some reason banishes the unit it was used on( reset and weaken by 6) especially in a deck with Vesimir. Another one i noticed was the Mahakam Marauder(boost self by two whenever this units power changes). It's right though, once Imlerith gains momentum it's difficult to stop.

Aaaand I just encountered a situation in which no removal but mandrake would help.

Opponent played ADC into Johnny into Wolfsbane, then Lesser Demons into drawing Royal Decree and then Sabbath from said Royal Decree who got boosted to 13 STR by the end of that very turn. I didn't even have time to react, this is a "Mandrake or Game over" because he had shackles to unlock it too and Mandrake in his hand.

Sure I can't even argue that it is reliable. It's probably not. But when it works, the opponent can do nothing. Absolutely nothing to stop it. You can't interact with it at all if it works like that

ser2440;n10705031 said:
Aaaand I just encountered a situation in which no removal but mandrake would help.

Opponent played ADC into Johnny into Wolfsbane, then Lesser Demons into drawing Royal Decree and then Sabbath from said Royal Decree who got boosted to 13 STR by the end of that very turn. I didn't even have time to react, this is a "Mandrake or Game over" because he had shackles to unlock it too and Mandrake in his hand.

Sure I can't even argue that it is reliable. It's probably not. But when it works, the opponent can do nothing. Absolutely nothing to stop it. You can't interact with it at all if it works like that

Scorch?

iamthedave;n10705121 said:

He had Renew (I could see his hand because I was playing Voorhis). And I didn't have it. I only had the Leo Bonhart and Cantarella which wasn't enough to even kill him.

CDPR, please don't forget to change/nerf Imlerith sabath because its in literally EVERY FRICKING MONSTER DECK that I play against. I mean do I really have to play vessemir mandrake in every deck I make and wait till the last 3 cards are played, it limits design space by too much imo

sorry but I just had to make this rant and this was the closest to salt thread i got.

Played this game recently:

Me Harald vs. opponent Eredin. I get the blue coin and drypass. He plays Sabbath, then Adrenaline Rush. In round 2, he plays Parasite. I forfeit. Game over before I play a single card.

CDPR, please do something about this card because it's not fun. It's not a play-choice issue either. Drypassing round 1 was the right play against every Eredin deck except one focused on Sabbath.

yeah it's a bit absurd dynamic, even if you don't pass R1... Royal Decree > Sabbath kills any unit under 13 instantly... if you can't outright kill it when it's played it's game over.... much as I think the concept of repeating duels is interesting no cards should be that sort of automatic win. a bad draw should be recoverable for any deck, not a death sentence.

Top Bottom