Imlerith: Sabbath

+

Should Sabbath be removed from the game?

• Total voters
I'd rather CDPR focus on introducing and buffing answers rather than outright nerfing the card. Maybe it was just me but it felt like once upon a time, people did actually run more cards that could answer Sabbath. But instead, everyone runs greedy decks without answers because for the most part, they get away with it.

I guess you missed the instant popularity spike of mandrake, or the rehash of spellatael, and boost in popularity of vipers immediately on the heels of sabbath? it's not that people aren't running counters, it's that failure to find the counters is frequent enough that single card is ruling rounds well enough to see Sabbath all-in decks at R20 even

I run a Sabbath deck that has only one silver unit (the dog/cat, can't remember its name) and then no other single unit in the deck, all buffs for Sabbath and a couple create cards. This deck is auto win against every single deck except for two scenarios (they draw mandrake at the beginning so they can use it, or I get a really bad draw into my deck or the dog/cat card throws Sabbath to the grave, etc.) otherwise I always win. Even those that can double lightning bolt me, a heal takes it right back up to max and then adds some. Scorch, I just renew it, etc. I use it to get my daily rewards in 3 games and then I go to arena.

Plus it runs the gold that boosts a card in your hand and since Sabbath is the only card it always boosts him to 10 to start.

Some of the best times is when someone runs slave driver and they play it and nothing happens (because I have no units). You see them immediately hover over the card to see what happened. Plus I had someone give himself and me a viper, thinking it was dead in my deck, only that I run more alchemy cards then he did so my viper was insanely powerful.

So many people try to run like Ciri/Shupe, etc. to get themselves a huge card value you can't duel but with parasite you always win those battles too.

Love the deck. I think the card is insanely powerful but can be countered with mandrake (if you can draw it immediately) or double scorch if I can't protect it (which I usually can because I have the card that creates a monster card and one is always consume a silver from your graveyard which means you consume the dog and get a huge card value on the board, a few extra ale's to keep it up there too and you have a scorch buffer.

I lost once when they played Shupe and charmed a random enemy which charmed Sabbath but with my create mechanics usually doesn't happen as I put other stuff on the board.

Fun deck with a high win rate.

williamr1024;n10925051 said:
Fun deck with a high win rate.

I noticed many people copying this deck from the internet, but i also suspect none of them understand what fun is.
The game takes max 3 turns to solve, if i draw mandrake/Vesemir you'll concede after you play your Imlerith, if i don't draw mandrake i might aswell concede immediately. There's absolutely no other gameplay involved.
How can anyone find fun only a psychologist can tell.

Don't you feel dirty or guilty playing that. Yeah winning is fun but not when you abuse poorly designed cards. I originally though sabbath was fine but it's anything but. I like him in arena but not ranked

For me the solution for him is straight forward, just as many other cards and effects - adding a timer. It's probably been mentioned before, but what about him only dueling 2 times (1 duel each turn end). Buff his power to 6 to compensate. (Timer won't trigger if there are no enemy units.)

It could maybe be extended to 3 turns, with no buffs to power, and timer triggering even if no enemy units.

Last edited:
i think there is a a balance patch coming soon at end of this season imho one of main reason for this patch is this card the healing and armor make it so strong

Mancoon1980;n10945952 said:
Don't you feel dirty or guilty playing that. Yeah winning is fun but not when you abuse poorly designed cards. I originally though sabbath was fine but it's anything but. I like him in arena but not ranked

No because they don't always immediately forfeit. They try various cards, high value cards, scorch, lightning, etc. and its up to me to try and keep Sabbath alive. Its fun to accept the challenge and continue to try. A lot auto forfeit sure but definitely not everyone. I also have to keep a card higher then Sabbath to counter scorch so it is by far a mindless play and just wait, you have to be strategic in your cards and play to work around cards that can prevent you. And sometimes if they pass you have to play a lot of cards (e.g. play Sabbath, play mandrake to protect it from enemy mandrake, resilience, etc.) which puts you way down on next round making it challenging to keep Sabbath alive since you have way less cards then they do, etc. etc.

Iuliandrei;n10925093 said:
I noticed many people copying this deck from the internet, but i also suspect none of them understand what fun is.
The game takes max 3 turns to solve, if i draw mandrake/Vesemir you'll concede after you play your Imlerith, if i don't draw mandrake i might aswell concede immediately. There's absolutely no other gameplay involved.
How can anyone find fun only a psychologist can tell.

See my post above, many don't immediately forfeit, many of them. Which makes it very fun to try and keep it alive while they try to destroy it, play high value cards, etc. Its a challenge and can definitely be fun. Plus you have to plan for scorch, etc.

xalaa;n10959461 said:
Mandrake.
GG.

You "mandraked" Sabbath. GG. What do you do then with the 3 15-17 points Ghouls and the 18 points Ozzrel? (If you play a normal /not hard control/ deck).

I don't think Sabbath is too strong.

That said, it's definitely trash design. It can very well autowin the game if you somehow can't kill it quick.

Caisekrus;n10964621 said:
I don't think Sabbath is too strong.

That said, it's definitely trash design. It can very well autowin the game if you somehow can't kill it quick.

That exactly is the problem. Sabbath imo needs a buff. But it also needs a rework, it needs to become a better card, stronger, but without the chance to autowin if you can mandrake him

No buff please, and remove armor regen so players have too boost him in scorch range.
Or keep armor regen only if frost is on the board so it gets sinergy with WH.

I play an Alchemy deck and Sabbath decks poses 0 problems for me.

What I find funny though, is that nearly all (90%) of sabbath deck players concede right after their sabbath gets mandraked/vipered and that they DONT SEND GOOD GAME. Just an observation of minr that i think shows the characters/mentality of sabbath deck players.

I hope the devs dont listen to people saying to nerf him.

Use control spells, lock him, have a big unit for him to duel... Its not hard.

Hes far from OP. And sure some decks might counter your deck. You cant have a 100% win rate, sorry.

From everything ive seen from this patch hes one of the few cards with "flavor".

And no im not playing monsters.

Funny what the devs consider an instant update. They won't change cards that have been complained about like sabbath but instantly change oligerg (sorry about spelling) since people complained about him returnung to the same row. Both him and sabbath can get it off control but are counterable.

Top Bottom