[Poll] Avatar Avarice?

+

[Poll] Avatar Avarice?

• Total voters
[Poll] Avatar Avarice?

I seem to be feeling a bit pollish lately, so here's another one:

With the passing seasons and challenges, we've seen new avatars from the the Witcher's world become available. Broadly speaking, I believe some players may prefer avatars to frames or titles, since these directly personify, and remind us of our favourite -- or infamous -- characters from the games. Granted, there have been suggestions over the past year that avatars should be more readily available, or richer in scope. However, setting these aside for a moment, my question is: Which of the current avatars do you like most, or would like to have most?

Regrettably, our poll system here on the Forums doesn't contain enough slots to include every single avatar (sorry for that!), so I've had to limit the choices a bit to those which many of us mayn't have, and may want. If, however, your particular preference does not appear in the poll, please, specify in a post.

Also, if you'd prefer an avatar which we've not yet seen, which character would it be? (Please, specificity in post.)

(Personally, I'd like to see Vesemir, but that's merely my personal preference. At the moment, I'm fairly happy with dear old Zoltan Chivay.)

And now, for fun -- for me, at least -- a word or two about the actual word avatar: As some may already be aware, gaming and Internet cultures have adopted the term indirectly from Hindu mythology; wherein an avatar is a god's physical incarnation in the mortal world. The word itself descends from Sanskrit avatara, meaning 'descent', from ava, 'off', 'away', 'down', and tar- 'pass over'.

It is perhaps ironic that the term now is widely used to denote an -- often fanciful -- icon, or personality, representing our alter egos within the aethereal realm of the Internet and gaming.

Cheers!

Interesting topic! I chose Eredin for his menacing voice and the quite ironic 'Well Played' line. :p
And as for which one I'd like to see? Why Lambert, of course! :nice: ....And an alternate version of him, wearing Yen's clothes (old-hat) :drunk:

I always use Dandelion and I really want season 2. That said, I love Roche and look forward to having his avatar after S2 is out. As far as avatars not yet in the game I would love Anna Henrietta or Olgierd. From the books I'd love to see someone like Nenneke, Codringer or Fenn, Cahir or Villentrentenmerth(sp?).

DRK3

Forum veteran
I used Ciri default for an entire year, then came out Ciri (SK Garb), which is even better and i'll probably stick with it.

I would've loved to get Bran, but apparently Skelligers aren't worthy of him, only squirrels...

Honestly.. I just want Dagon that's already available
But not for me cuz I'm not that good lol

Riven-Twain;n10589782 said:
I seem to be feeling a bit pollish lately, so here's another one:

With the passing seasons and challenges, we've seen new avatars from the the Witcher's world become available. Broadly speaking, I believe some players may prefer avatars to frames or titles, since these directly personify, and remind us of our favourite -- or infamous -- characters from the games. Granted, there have been suggestions over the past year that avatars should be more readily available, or richer in scope. However, setting these aside for a moment, my question is: Which of the current avatars do you like most, or would like to have most?

Regrettably, our poll system here on the Forums doesn't contain enough slots to include every single avatar (sorry for that!), so I've had to limit the choices a bit to those which many of us mayn't have, and may want. If, however, your particular preference does not appear in the poll, please, specify in a post.

Also, if you'd prefer an avatar which we've not yet seen, which character would it be? (Please, specificity in post.)

(Personally, I'd like to see Vesemir, but that's merely my personal preference. At the moment, I'm fairly happy with dear old Zoltan Chivay.)

And now, for fun -- for me, at least -- a word or two about the actual word avatar: As some may already be aware, gaming and Internet cultures have adopted the term indirectly from Hindu mythology; wherein an avatar is a god's physical incarnation in the mortal world. The word itself descends from Sanskrit avatara, meaning 'descent', from ava, 'off', 'away', 'down', and tar- 'pass over'.

It is perhaps ironic that the term now is widely used to denote an -- often fanciful -- icon, or personality, representing our alter egos within the aethereal realm of the Internet and gaming.

Cheers!

Everyone here should use the Yennefer avatar because all they do is complain and get wrecked (in Gwent)

Last edited by a moderator:
Other

I can't wait to see Cahir as an avatar! The only one I really care about and really want to get as he's my favorite character from the books. I really hope we get him at some point and I hope it won't be too hard to get.

Other than that I really like the Letho avatar. A shame he was a reward for the top 1000 players only.

I currently use Ciri because her voice lines are the least arse, and are clear as to meaning... Triss isn't bad either. I'd like to see more female characters available personally, but more than that I'd actually wish for some more variety in what emotes you can send.... yeah sure it competitive but that doesn't mean I want to be an arse all the time.

Currently it would have to be Radovid for me, even though I don't like him as a character.

His voicelines are just so great ("Enough of this!" *passes*) -- and I also greatly enjoy keeping him "trapped" in the Nilfgaard border. :p

I think I'll go with Ciri: Skellige Garb in this one.

I still have few avatars untested, so those might be my new favorites, who knows. But so far this is my most used avatar.

Visually: Ciri (Skellige Garb) or Francesca

Audio: Eredin, Regis or Dandelion the Meme Master

Last edited:
I would love that all the previous awarded avatars where made available (after a time) another way (using the same dust as premium's maybe). The one I missed is Letho. The one I would love to see is Lambert !

Top Bottom