Weather is a Trash Mechanic

+
Weather is a Trash Mechanic

It is OK to say "Hey, we screwed up, we thought it was a neat idea, we put a lot of work into it, but it is best to scrap it altogether".

Do it.

It is 100 times better now...than in all of the last year and a half.

It can remain as is... forever,as far as I'm concerned

Okay, I'll bite; how is weather a trash mechanic?

//edit: oh, okay.
I disagree. I like playing against weather spam. Not that I see too a lot of it, mind you. They add variety to the game.

Last edited:
Weather is a variant of interaction with your opponent, this game supposed to be interractive, not just brainless point vomiting like OP wants to be.

Game have much more important problems like connection issues, blue coin, point vomiting, 6 5-deal-11 bronzes in one deck, brouver have 100% chance of pulling spy, 90% of netdeckers in ranked, 0 gold decks vs 15 gold decks in arena, etc.

Last edited:
Weather's a good mechanic, as long as it doesn't go back to closed beta state. As for how it is now; It's too easy to spam, now that you don't have to worry about weathering your own units. It needs to be symmetrical.

Not sure why. It's easy to spam weather, but it's not any easier than spamming units or alchemy cards. Weather spamming is weak enough as is.

Weather is TOO weak imo.I made a different post on this topic that they should adjust all weather (but mostly i had frost in mind) so that we don't lose value anymore.The idea is,if you have frost on a row,and the enemy has 2 units on that row but one of that units has 1 point of power,then the frost will kill it but the other point that it was supposed to do would be lost.My suggestion was that the point that was supposed to be lost to go to the next weakest unit so that we won't lose value like that.It's even worst if you have a WH Rider on the board because then you lose 2 points or even more depending on the nr of riders.

KaynOfNosgoth;n10618362 said:
Weather is TOO weak imo.I made a different post on this topic that they should adjust all weather (but mostly i had frost in mind) so that we don't lose value anymore.The idea is,if you have frost on a row,and the enemy has 2 units on that row but one of that units has 1 point of power,then the frost will kill it but the other point that it was supposed to do would be lost.My suggestion was that the point that was supposed to be lost to go to the next weakest unit so that we won't lose value like that.It's even worst if you have a WH Rider on the board because then you lose 2 points or even more depending on the nr of riders.

You miss the point that it is also strategy to reduce damage from weather by putting odd number creatures to reduce damage (hurts Frost the most). I think Weather is fine like it is now, it is the Create that is killing it most often (stupid Elven Scouts and Runestones), but maybe it's tutors are the ones that need a point buff (WH Hounds, Foglets, Sirens (oh, look at that - they are in the MS Faction)). In my opinion Moonlight should also be changed to be a bit more competitive. Maybe triggering at end of turn too, cause Full Moon is -2 right of the bat. Or maybe add and additional buff to a single unit by 4 and +2 in the beginning of the rounds after.

Also Blood Moon.. I don't know what you can do there. It seems good, but it actually lacks something sever. Bridge Trolls look like a good card to use with it, but in general you lose so much more points compared to Full Moon...

Last edited:
partci;n10618482 said:
You miss the point that it is also strategy to reduce damage from weather by putting odd number creatures to reduce damage (hurts Frost the most). I think Weather is fine like it is now, it is the Create that is killing it most often (stupid Elven Scouts and Runestones), but maybe it's tutors are the ones that need a point buff (WH Hounds, Foglets, Sirens (oh, look at that - they are in the MS Faction)). In my opinion Moonlight should also be changed to be a bit more competitive. Maybe triggering at end of turn too, cause Full Moon is -2 right of the bat. Or maybe add and additional buff to a single unit by 4 and +2 in the beginning of the rounds after.

Also Blood Moon.. I don't know what you can do there. It seems good, but it actually lacks something sever. Bridge Trolls look like a good card to use with it, but in general you lose so much more points compared to Full Moon...

Blood Moon needs a way to 'retrigger' Blood Moon on the row where it's dropped. Bridge Troll is no good because in general there's only one row where it's really good to drop BMoon and you move everything possible into it. Werecat is theoretically good, but in practice has to be played on a long round to be actually impactful. An ersatz frost giant would go a long way, too, or blood moon-interacting werewolves. Like maybe instead of boosting they dual a lot (representing a killing frenzy from the moon).

Apparently there's a vampire rework on the cards, though, and I wouldn't be surprised if they get rejigged to work with Blood Moon somehow.

iamthedave;n10618902 said:
Blood Moon needs a way to 'retrigger' Blood Moon on the row where it's dropped...

Hm. Retriggering when a Full Moon or another Blood Moon is played makes sense, actually.

Bridge Trolls can do huge amount of damage, cause if there is a BM on the board, Oppo will fill his other rows - he is a potential 38 Bronze and it can happen with movement, but till you get to that point, if you are not in a LONG R3 you are like 30 points behind and at least a card down already.

Blood Moon generally lacks big, swingy Bronze tempo play like ST can do and with other factions generally putting more points on the table, it's just a dead archetype.

*remembers the match won today against Axeman deck that went first and played Ragnarok as first card*
*evilly passed*
This match was very fun in my opinion tbh so I will have to disagree...

While I don't like the way weather works in Gwent nowadays (though a lot of it has to do with all units being agile), you Mystikast gave no reasons as to why you dislike weather, nor have you offered any solutions besides deleting it from the game in its entirety. This does nothing to perpetuate a constructive discussion.

It can be frustrating, sure. But it's also not a huge deal. It's just something you should always be prepared to counter or...

...wait for it...

...weather it.

:wisegirl:yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

partci;n10618482 said:

What you call "strategy" a call a flawed weather design.What exactly is your "strategy" against fog or RNR?

KaynOfNosgoth;n10619502 said:
What you call "strategy" a call a flawed weather design.What exactly is your "strategy" against fog or RNR?

First of, you must've been playing the game for not so long to know what "flawed weather design" is.

Secondly - if you don't run Weather Clears - you row stack. Than you pray I don't punish you second time for this, cause you are too over confident for not running at least one Weather Clear in your deck (and there were times where 3 were not enough).

Third - you can always Create and screw me royally, cause this is the thing Weather Decks are most vulnerable to lately - stupid cards that CREATE weather clears out from thin air, with tons of synergy with other cards and running away with points, cause there are actual flawed point generation mechanics in this game and my 4 STR WH Hounds, or Sirens, or Foglets are not one of them.

I don't know what flawed weather design is either. There is no single way in which a design can be flawed. Do us the courtesy of explaining.

Weather spam is a secondary factor in the metagame and gold weathers are simply solid golds. I fully agree that rng stuff should never have been implemented, but it's not the reason I'm not playing clears.

First of all,i've been playing the game since the beta started (after 2 weeks or so i got my invite) so most likely i've been playing it for longer than you so don't talk to me about what i can or can't know.

Secondly - that's pure bs so don't start with bs or we end the conversation here.If you don't run weather clears,row stacking is not an option because any player with half a brain will wait till you have at least over 10 points on that row before playing a fog on it to make sure he gets good value from it.If at your rank you get players wasting weather for one 6-7 points unit that says something about your skill in the game and again i don't think you're qualified to talk to me about "flawed weather design".

Third - that only proves my point that weather needs buffing,not to say that an increase in points for hounds,sirens and foglets is a bad idea though.

Top Bottom