Coin flip in Arena

+
Coin flip in Arena

So if you thought coin flip was a problem till now, the arena just makes it even worse. Basically all my games go as follow:

1) Blue player passes right away
2) Red player plays a card and takes the round
3) Next round dry pass, rounds equal
4) Play round 3 with 12 cards in hand

This is getting ridiculous tbh, the game structure completely changed and the 3 round system is completely ignored.

That's the best way to be sure that you won't go 1 card down in round 3 since it's pretty easy for the 2nd player to outscore the first one on even card. Besides, if you have a wardancer, you might force the 2nd player to go 1 card down in round 3.

I think in 2k18, Gwent must be a real-time card game. Player with highest APM should have advantage and take a win, like in starcraft LUL

Is there really no way to counter a pass first strategy?
At least as far as arena is concerned

Last edited by a moderator:
First player pass, you ALSO PASS, and now we have a tie going into the last round, whoever has the best cards wins.

Totally agree. Most of my arena games go just as you described it, and I have played mostly arena since its release. How would you suggest to fix the coinflip?

If everyone is open passing round 1, why we have 3 rounds?
Just make 1 final round ffs.
Without spies, 3 rounds is a joke, they makes no sense, just like rows.

This hearthstone copy-pasta called "arena" does not fit gwent. This passing into a single long round 3 is just one of the problems. Mulligan "feature" of always drawing the mulliganed cards makes this worse.

Top Bottom