Price of cardpool

+
Price of cardpool

I'm looking to get a general sense of price for the game.

Run on the assumption I will be doing little to no grinding. How much would I need to get all of the relevant cardpool (ie, can build every good deck and all its variants)?

kiramode;n10622552 said:
Run on the assumption I will be doing little to no grinding.

So you wont play? Cause if you play just about 2 matches a day or 10 a week and you scrap those extra cards from another faction you get you are gonna be fine

Tschjo;n10622662 said:
So you wont play? Cause if you play just about 2 matches a day or 10 a week and you scrap those extra cards from another faction you get you are gonna be fine

My favorite aspect of any game I play is deck building. When I jump into a game I like to netdeck to learn how the best decks operate and what their weaknesses are. Just have all of them built and play them in rotation. From there I start looking for new ideas. I don't feel like spending time playing the game if I'm not learning the part of the game that matters.

This is really easy to do in games are new and the whole cardpool is 100 bucks. It's unclear how much of an investment I would have to make here.

:hmm: ummm

well..

:cheers: cheers ..

I'm not sure how to answer this one.
Let's just say..

Welcome to Gwent...

kiramode;n10622552 said:
I'm looking to get a general sense of price for the game.

Run on the assumption I will be doing little to no grinding. How much would I need to get all of the relevant cardpool (ie, can build every good deck and all its variants)?

You better have a fat credit card, a few hundred at least.

kiramode;n10622552 said:
How much would I need to get all of the relevant cardpool (ie, can build every good deck and all its variants)?
This is actually rather a challenging question to answer, although I imagine someone could work out the math to predict the exact price, if they haven't done so already, that is.

The main difficulty in answering with accuracy is that, even if a player purchases a 60-keg bundle (the largest option, at $69.99), with each keg offering 5 cards, for a total of 300 cards from the purchase, there is no guarantee that these kegs would be without duplicates, or supply every card -- even if multiple bundles were purchased -- since the 5 cards in each keg are random. Additionally, since an average bronze card mills at about 10 - 20 scraps, and silver at 50 scraps -- whereas a standard gold costs 800 scraps -- it would take many, many duplicates to equal the crafting value of other cards.

Presently, there are about 960+ total cards (including premiums, but not including trios) in the game. Although players receive starting decks for each faction, these only contain a small selection of cards (unfortunately, it's been over a year since I saw the starting decks, so I can't recall how many cards this works out to be), so there is still room for collecting.

I won't hazard a guess as to the precise cost. (However, for reference, I have never purchased a single keg with real currency, and, in over a year of fairly regular playing, I still don't have the complete collection.) Simply put, Gwent takes time, and money is no assurance of victory.

Last edited:
kiramode;n10622702 said:
My favorite aspect of any game I play is deck building. When I jump into a game I like to netdeck to learn how the best decks operate and what their weaknesses are. Just have all of them built and play them in rotation. From there I start looking for new ideas. I don't feel like spending time playing the game if I'm not learning the part of the game that matters.

This is really easy to do in games are new and the whole cardpool is 100 bucks. It's unclear how much of an investment I would have to make here.

If you are looking for EVERY competetive deck and card well lets say that will take about 200 hours maybe? Really depends also a lot of cards have not really been "discovered" yet. (Talking about how little people understand the brokeness of resilience)
Anyway if you want 2-3 decks of a single faction that is done very quickly. The moment you graps all the mechanics and how the game works and what cards do what you should have those decks in your pocket np. If you really want all the competitive decks at once i would say youll need about 70 hours while also scrapping cards that are not viable. And something closer to 150 if you are actually building up a big collection with a lot of cards that might be good at some point but defnitly arent atm

Here's something to knaw on..

I was in closed beta from day 1.
by the end of closed beta I managed to complete skellige monsters and neutrals and 50% of scoiatael
I spent about 100$ in that 8 months or so.
and had about 300 plus hours

sadly I moved to ps4 with the open beta
and started over from scratch.
or at this point in time (a year and a half) I would have had every card by now ...

but.

Starting over in open beta I scrapped all factions to get most of my monsters cards back. I also dropped another 100 that month...to finish my monsters and most neutrals

fast forward with the 100 plus cards they added a few months back.

I now have all monsters skellige neutrals and scoiatael cards. And 50% northern realms
with no other money( than my initial 100 at the open beta drop) with closing in on 400 plus hours

So...in short I can "kinda say" about 300$ and 700 hours you could potentially have every card in the game
​​​​​​
There is A LOT of variables to be considered with this scenario . Player skill..ranked or casual rewards or both ... the bonus stuff cdpr has gave us along the way.. so this is just kind of an idea of what to expect

Last edited:
About $880 US Dollars over a four month period.

It's all about collecting, although I may be a rarity (that will - admit it)... Peace :)

Rayon 34

Rayon_34_;n10623022 said:
About $880 US Dollars over a four month period.

It's all about collecting, although I may be a rarity (that will - admit it)... Peace :)

Rayon 34

Based on my mandraked math, including some (supposed) variables, like cards repeated and resulting scraps, around 600$.

:affection:

Heh I'm actually working on some similar information.... the preliminaries can be found in the link at the bottom of my post which shows the craft cost of the whole set broken down by Faction.... I'll be adding to it Mill/Craft advice but I'll give you some Quick hits @ 95% confidence...

Meteor Powder is worth 2.5-3.5x Scraps when used on silvers/golds to premium cards you have, and 2.0x on gold silvers you don't already have.
Drop Rates:
Gold 1/25 Kegs (0.8% / Card)
Silver 1/6.25 Kegs (3.2% / Card)
Rares 1.22 / Keg (24.4% / Card)
Commons 3.58 / Keg (71.6% / Card)
Premium 1/5 Kegs (4% / Card) [independent of rarity]

Avg Mill Value for kegs is 76.2 Scraps (15.24 / card)

in Pick 1 of 3, always choose the Premium, unless the choice is a Gold Premium you have vs a Gold You don't have (if you care about premiums) otherwise always choose the card you don't have.

Guaranteed Gold Legendary is worth 10.5 Kegs, double if premium. Guaranteed Silver Epic is worth 2.62 Kegs, 4x if Premium. The rest is up to you to figure out

Last edited:
Void_Singer;n10623242 said:
double if premium.

This assume the person cares about premiums AND has any plans of crafting them using pure scrap (instead of meteorite) correct?

Yes to the first, "Mostly, sort of" to the second... because scraps are the main fixed "Currency", values are normalized to them where possible. Metorite Powder is a limited resource, and has a variable value depending on what it's used on so it's easier to consider it as a multiplier of value in scraps.

You are missing the point if you want to builld the best possible deck right away. There is a certain joy in making work a deck with a limited card pool and then obtain new cards through victories. I think the most sensible thing would be buying the cards you need to create one good deck, and then focus on winning with it as much as possible so you can get the rewards with less grind and adquire the other cards gradually to make other, not necesarily better, decks.

4RM3D;n10624052 said:
Number of Kegs Needed to get 100%904

Sorry for asking in the wrong thread but what's 100% exactly in this figure? At least one (Gold/Silver) and three (bronze) of each card whether premium or not? Or ALL of the cards both premium and non-premium?

Mathspy;n10625821 said:
Sorry for asking in the wrong thread but what's 100% exactly in this figure? At least one (Gold/Silver) and three (bronze) of each card whether premium or not? Or ALL of the cards both premium and non-premium?

All non-premium bronze (x3), silver and gold cards.

4RM3D;n10624052 said:
Number of Kegs Needed to get 100%904
Average Mill Value Per Keg85,67
Epic Drop-rate25,84%
Legendary Drop-rate7,67%
4RM3D
I see you still didn't fix the math error in your original calculation of pick 1 of 3s ....
The clue is in the extended odds showing 32.17% Rare, 25.84% Silver, and 7.67% Gold... which leaves 34.32% for commons.... so unless you are somehow managing to get 2 or less commons per keg on average, every calculation that follows is broken = X

Top Bottom