The graveyard hate from multiple factions really kills Skellige for me

+
The graveyard hate from multiple factions really kills Skellige for me

Monsters I can understand having it and I don't have as much of a problem with but when NG who already has over powered cards (Viper witchers) that really annoy me uses Assire to put cards in my graveyard back into my deck that is where I draw the line. I really liked playing Skellige but playing against alchemy NG is killing the game for me. Maybe if Assire was my only issue with NG I wouldn't have this problem but those viper witchers are absolute BS. They are very powerful by themselves but someone decided to give them ointment as well? Ridiculous. Who at CDPR is balancing NG? Spies is almost completely gone but alchemy is everywhere because it's so powerful. Just putting my current thoughts out there. Let me know what you think.

Alchemy Nilfgaard isn't even an archetype that abuses the opponent's graveyard though. Skellige's resurrections would be over-powered if it weren't for cards like Assire and Vicovaro Medics (which are missing from your post, for some reason.) Assire is mostly a tech card anyways, people use her when their deck over-thins or just to counter graveyard play.

Btw, your post is mostly complaining about Alchemy Nilfgaard and not really graveyard hate. Maybe you ought to change the title?

OG.laloquaint;n10638901 said:
Alchemy Nilfgaard isn't even an archetype that abuses the opponent's graveyard though. Skellige's resurrections would be over-powered if it weren't for cards like Assire and Vicovaro Medics (which are missing from your post, for some reason.) Assire is mostly a tech card anyways, people use her when their deck over-thins or just to counter graveyard play.

Btw, your post is mostly complaining about Alchemy Nilfgaard and not really graveyard hate. Maybe you ought to change the title?

Yup I forgot about Vicovaro medics in that post because you don't tend to see those with Alchemy NG. Yet another card that goes with my basic point which was that NG is already over powered and on top of that they have grave yard hate cards which also counter SK hard which IMO is just too much.

Yes my title could be a little different but if it wasn't for Assire I never would have made this thread. I still probably would have lost the game that I had played because viper witchers are so ridiculous but at least I would have been able to play the one decent card I had in the graveyard.

As other have said, without Assire/Vicovaros broken Skellige graveyard tactics couldn't be countered. Besides, back before the Midwinter patch Skellige really looked like the favourite faction of the devs

Yeah, NG are there to disrupt their opponent, that's why they're one of the only factions that can mess with the opponent GY and who can do things like reveal cards (and even deal damage to said revealed cards while still in your hand). Every faction has their own gimmicks.

While I agree that NG alchemy are extremely strong right now, that's not just vs Skellige, it's against most factions, they're a top tier deck. NG alchmy aside, though, I think if a faction like SK are able to build bronzes up to 16-20+ strength and rez them multiple times, then I think it's fair to have some other factions be able to disrupt that kind of power. We need such disrupts as Caretaker, vicovaro and assire, to keep some SK decks in line. A good SK player will always play around the likelihood of medics and assire.

Without NG having something, Skellige would run amok. Even with Vicovaros, Skellige is the most uninteractive faction in the game. Removal simply doesn't work, as everything destroyed comes back 4 times.

As long as it stays with MO and NG, it's fine. I wouldn't want every faction having everything.

I think Assire is the last of your concern when you're playing SK but I do agree that they have too many grave hate, that's the main reason why I don't play QG as often as I used to.
Clearly CDPR didn't though about the impact a card like Vicovaro medic would have on the game before making it. And as I always said, this card isn't OP at all, it's in fact perfectly ballanced in term of value but it pretty much seals the deal for anyone who play res.

About NG, Spy is still very strong but everyone is playing Alchemy because of Imlerith: Sabbath just in case they cross his path because the match up is pretty much impossible to win for the Monster player. I'm not saying that the deck is bad or even overrated but there is a lot of other viable decks in this meta, I:S just having too much weight on it despite not being as good as a card as it first appears. That's what I said on another topic, the problem with this card is how it shapes the meta, forcing everyone to play the same deck while there is a lot of options atm.

But back on topic, I think CDPR should rethink a few things about graveyard interactions, right now it's just too easy to manipulate it with some faction (and not enough for some others).

W12;n10639471 said:
I guess you do not get the point. NG identity is "FUCK sabotage other faction strategies". Reveal, spies, alchemy, mill - all the same.

Yeah I don't really care about their identity in cases like this.

Bleach25;n10639651 said:
As other have said, without Assire/Vicovaros broken Skellige graveyard tactics couldn't be countered. Besides, back before the Midwinter patch Skellige really looked like the favourite faction of the devs

If NG wasn't so OP aside from those graveyard tactics I probably wouldn't have made this thread then either. I probably wasn't going to win that game BEFORE he wrecked my graveyard. Those ridiculous viper witchers just keep wiping away every engine card.

Bondonkadonk;n10639811 said:
Yeah, NG are there to disrupt their opponent, that's why they're one of the only factions that can mess with the opponent GY and who can do things like reveal cards (and even deal damage to said revealed cards while still in your hand). Every faction has their own gimmicks.

While I agree that NG alchemy are extremely strong right now, that's not just vs Skellige, it's against most factions, they're a top tier deck. NG alchmy aside, though, I think if a faction like SK are able to build bronzes up to 16-20+ strength and rez them multiple times, then I think it's fair to have some other factions be able to disrupt that kind of power. We need such disrupts as Caretaker, vicovaro and assire, to keep some SK decks in line. A good SK player will always play around the likelihood of medics and assire.

The only strategy that comes to mind is spreading your points out so they can't take away all your best plays right? I don't see how that is possible when they stop every engine card that is played. You will only have maybe one or two good plays in the graveyard which Assire can wipe away and leave you with nothing.

Snake_Foxhounder;n10640081 said:
Without NG having something, Skellige would run amok. Even with Vicovaros, Skellige is the most uninteractive faction in the game. Removal simply doesn't work, as everything destroyed comes back 4 times.

As long as it stays with MO and NG, it's fine. I wouldn't want every faction having everything.

How does removal not work when they can use Viper witchers how many times? SK has a decent amount of resurrect cards but the strengthening tactic will never work if those cards are taken off immediately every time.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I dont even know when they added Viper Witchers anymore, what i do remember is as soon as they'd announced it, i immediately said here it would be an OP card, on par with even some Golds, and we didnt even know about ointment at that time!

I know i was one of those who asked for a bronze unit witcher for months, and i was glad when they added these bastards, but im so sick of them right now i immediately forfeit as soon as i see one hitting for 10+. I like to think of a world where these poor netdeckers have all these powerful decks, but nobody wants to play against them...

StrykerxS77x;n10639331 said:
Yup I forgot about Vicovaro medics in that post because you don't tend to see those with Alchemy NG. Yet another card that goes with my basic point which was that NG is already over powered and on top of that they have grave yard hate cards which also counter SK hard which IMO is just too much.

And they also just got Yennefer: Necromancer lol so... :/
The developers should add cards to counter this sort of thing for Skellige, it would also MAYBE make Queensguard playable.

OG.laloquaint;n10640411 said:
And they also just got Yennefer: Necromancer lol so...

Which is an atrocious and lazy as flu$k card.

Again some people are crying cause there are counters to their strategies, which, according to them, should be played without ANY disruption. I guess it is the world we live in. There are way more broken things in NG than the Medics. Like, VWs can easily be at 2 Strength and Slave Drivers... basically removed from the game, along with the Elven Scouts.

StrykerxS77x;n10640231 said:
How does removal not work when they can use Viper witchers how many times? SK has a decent amount of resurrect cards but the strengthening tactic will never work if those cards are taken off immediately every time.

Good. That's the way it should be. You can't expect to plop down cards and just wait for them to do stuff. Skellige is all about cards that play themselves, what with the ships and greatswords spam. |If it wasn't Vipers it would be Alzur's thunder. Removal should always trump engines. Though I'm not a fan of cards that boost/damage when x cards is in the deck. Vipers could be reworked to deal damage based on cards in hand.

But as long as engines are a thing, removal will be too. Especially for Skellige and their resurrects.

Snake_Foxhounder;n10640551 said:
Good. That's the way it should be. You can't expect to plop down cards and just wait for them to do stuff. Skellige is all about cards that play themselves, what with the ships and greatswords spam. |If it wasn't Vipers it would be Alzur's thunder. Removal should always trump engines. Though I'm not a fan of cards that boost/damage when x cards is in the deck. Vipers could be reworked to deal damage based on cards in hand.

But as long as engines are a thing, removal will be too. Especially for Skellige and their resurrects.

Removal does trump engines which is fine but viper witchers are still OP in general. I am not complaining about removal. I'm complaining about NG playing 6 viper witchers along with grave hate. It's just too much.

Top Bottom