The graveyard hate from multiple factions really kills Skellige for me

+
partci;n10640531 said:
Again some people are crying cause there are counters to their strategies, which, according to them, should be played without ANY disruption. .

Was this directed at me? If so that is not accurate at all.

DRK3;n10640361 said:
I dont even know when they added Viper Witchers anymore, what i do remember is as soon as they'd announced it, i immediately said here it would be an OP card, on par with even some Golds, and we didnt even know about ointment at that time!

I know i was one of those who asked for a bronze unit witcher for months, and i was glad when they added these bastards, but im so sick of them right now i immediately forfeit as soon as i see one hitting for 10+. I like to think of a world where these poor netdeckers have all these powerful decks, but nobody wants to play against them...

Nobody does want to play against them, it's boring and annoying. Unfortunately if you want to play ranked you have no choice.

StrykerxS77x;n10640201 said:
If NG wasn't so OP aside from those graveyard tactics I probably wouldn't have made this thread then either. I probably wasn't going to win that game BEFORE he wrecked my graveyard. Those ridiculous viper witchers just keep wiping away every engine card.

Because bearmasters, Olaf and longships aren't broken, especially when you can resurrect them like a thousand times

GenLiu;n10640161 said:
I think Assire is the last of your concern when you're playing SK but I do agree that they have too many grave hate, that's the main reason why I don't play QG as often as I used to.
Clearly CDPR didn't though about the impact a card like Vicovaro medic would have on the game before making it. And as I always said, this card isn't OP at all, it's in fact perfectly ballanced in term of value but it pretty much seals the deal for anyone who play res.

About NG, Spy is still very strong but everyone is playing Alchemy because of Imlerith: Sabbath just in case they cross his path because the match up is pretty much impossible to win for the Monster player. I'm not saying that the deck is bad or even overrated but there is a lot of other viable decks in this meta, I:S just having too much weight on it despite not being as good as a card as it first appears. That's what I said on another topic, the problem with this card is how it shapes the meta, forcing everyone to play the same deck while there is a lot of options atm.

But back on topic, I think CDPR should rethink a few things about graveyard interactions, right now it's just too easy to manipulate it with some faction (and not enough for some others).

Is everyone playing Alchemy? Have we had another meta report?

NG alchemy isn't all that strong. It's not that consistent. You can have bad luck with slave driver or get 2 oinments for a vicovaro novice with an empty graveyard, even you're whole hand can be dead early in round one when you draw to many alchemy cards and don't have tokens to buff.

iamthedave;n10641701 said:
Is everyone playing Alchemy? Have we had another meta report?

When you play against the deck all day long in ranked, you don't really need a meta report lol

StrykerxS77x;n10640681 said:
Removal does trump engines which is fine but viper witchers are still OP in general. I am not complaining about removal. I'm complaining about NG playing 6 viper witchers along with grave hate. It's just too much.

Oh nevermind. I was about to ask how they play more than 3 witchers but remembered ointment. So that's 6 minimum.

Snake_Foxhounder;n10641901 said:
... So that's 6 minimum.

Nope. 6 maximum. Cause often you Res Slave Drivers or Novices too. Except if you are not playing mirror, ofc.

GenLiu;n10641821 said:
When you play against the deck all day long in ranked, you don't really need a meta report lol

Of course you do. Just because you hit the deck a lot doesn't mean EVERYONE is. I still see elves more than anything, for example.

iamthedave;n10642461 said:
Of course you do. Just because you hit the deck a lot doesn't mean EVERYONE is. I still see elves more than anything, for example.

The new meta report is out and Calveit indeed is the most played leader.

However Crach still seems like the strongest leader, followed by Henselt and Brouver. But that was to be expected after last season.

devivre;n10642571 said:

However Crach still seems like the strongest leader, followed by Henselt and Brouver. But that was to be expected after last season.

Ah right, there we go.

What's the figures on Mandrake and Imlerith, for the ongoing mega-debate?

devivre;n10642571 said:

Not only that. According the report the win rate of Calveit (most likely Viper Witcher) against Crach (most likely Greatswords which is an engine driven deck profiting from resurrecting said Greatswords repeatedly) is below 50% across the MMR board (around the mid 40s%).

I don't like playing against those Viper Witchers either and agree that having a 10 strength removal from Bronze between 3 and 6 times is too much. But they can be beaten and are by no means an auto-lose.

I think OP must have played against my Slave Robbers deck in casual once...3x Slave Driver, 3x Grave Robbers (AKA Vicovaro Medic), 3x Ointment.... I tend to feel sorry for SK when I match against them with it because R1 is all about copying their combo units, and R3 is all about doing it again while stealing their buffed dead. Except Axemen... hard to steal weather

iamthedave;n10642461 said:

Honestly, I don't give much credits to statisitcs. They give a genral idea of the game but nothing is more reliable than anyone's experience.
If you repeatedly play against the exact same deck over and over again, every day, every hour, then the deck is the most played in the meta, you don't need reports for that.

GenLiu;n10642801 said:
Honestly, I don't give much credits to statisitcs. They give a genral idea of the game but nothing is more reliable than anyone's experience.
If you repeatedly play against the exact same deck over and over again, every day, every hour, then the deck is the most played in the meta, you don't need reports for that.

If the statistics say otherwise then that is reality, no matter how you perceive it. That's a big problem in this day and age, people only like statistics when they support their argument.

Yehh man... & on that Sk is weak in almost every other thing too like tempo / control / too much setup needed etc. as well lock, spy card of Sk is really situational & indirectly very weak compare to other faction. I mean you can't use Donar in 1st round where there is almost no card in GY as well many times other faction cards are almost useless to still & then raise so he is plain lock unit. About spy many times udalryk draws gold or special cards which Sk can't resurrect so many times Sk player ends up loosing important card in GY.

I always said this that Sk really don't have signature ability which makes them different than other factions like Consume for monster, Armor for NR, Reveal for NG, Ambush for Soc. & What for Sk ? Almost every other faction now have resurrection so over all compare to otehr faction Sk is almost dead.

GenLiu;n10642801 said:

In this instance you also happened to be right.

The problem comes when people want to balance based off of this 'feeling'. Looks like greatswords are the top deck right now, not NG Alchemy (it is behind Crach, Henselt and Brouver).

Top Bottom