How powerfull is Pit Trap?

+
StrykerxS77x;n10654701 said:
I really thought you were joking because if you have an issue with pit trap then I don't know how you could ever enjoy this game. Pit trap is weak right now. I don't see how anyone could complain about it. There are much MUCH more frustrating cards and plays in this game.

Also net decks are part of the genre. People will always learn from the internet and just simply from playing other people. The strongest decks always become popular. All that can be done is the devs balance the game well enough that there are many good decks for people to use instead of a few.

It was more the tactic than the card. if every unit i have is getting dragged in and out of there, it'll be frustrating as flip.
I've only come up against that card once

FG15-ISH7EG;n10654811 said:
The whole enemy movement archetype relies on the Dol Blathanna Bowmen (they deal 2 damage when an enemy is moved), as they are the main damage source. While Pit Trap is usefull for the archetype, but without the Bowman all of the bronze movement cards will be nearly useless.

I'll keep an eye on them, thanks

Its true that bowman are a nice damage addition but sometimes you move all ennemies on same row, use pit trap then reuse it with eithne, thats can be enough damage to rape everything (the zoltan move + 2 pit traps is 8 damage, enough to kill 8 power cards)

I personally really like Pit Trap, I've expressed my love for it multiple times on the forums. I think, overall, that Pit Trap is a better card than Lacerate because it adds more value to movement cards. I also would not use it my decks because I would only have one way to tutor it and my bronze picks are already real tight. I think Lacerate is much better suited for Axeman. CDPR also added Rock Barrage or whatever it's called now and you'd think it'd be good too but it's actually trash. Maybe a card like Merigold's Hailstorm would be better in a movement deck.

Beernchips;n10654851 said:
Its true that bowman are a nice damage addition but sometimes you move all ennemies on same row, use pit trap then reuse it with eithne, thats can be enough damage to rape everything (the zoltan move + 2 pit traps is 8 damage, enough to kill 8 power cards)
That is a combination including one leader, 1 gold and 1 silver card and getting 61 points which is above average, but not that much. And considering that all other bronze movement cards in this scenario without bowman would be quite useless as well as Nivellen (we already got the maximum damage from the two Pit Traps), this is still bound to loose.

OG.laloquaint;n10654931 said:
I personally really like Pit Trap, I've expressed my love for it multiple times on the forums. I think, overall, that Pit Trap is a better card than Lacerate because it adds more value to movement cards. I also would not use it my decks because I would only have one way to tutor it and my bronze picks are already real tight. I think Lacerate is much better suited for Axeman. CDPR also added Rock Barrage or whatever it's called now and you'd think it'd be good too but it's actually trash. Maybe a card like Merigold's Hailstorm would be better in a movement deck.
I agree with that. Movement lacks rather silvers than bronze cards. And even if Pit Trap wasn't as good as other silvers it would still be a good addition, as long as it is at least slightly better than Lacerate. Movement desperately needs Derran for movement.
And Boulder is absolutly useless. Even with constant movement it is hard too fill an enemy row, because you often kill the units by doing that. And in the end there just isn't a good target for Boulder. I tried it many games, but I was only very rarely able to get value out of it. But once I killed a Ciri:Nova with it.

Henselt expresses great dissatisfaction when you drop Pit Trap on the row where all his crew/vehicles are living.

FG15-ISH7EG;n10655071 said:
That is a combination including one leader, 1 gold and 1 silver card and getting 61 points which is above average, but not that much. And considering that all other bronze movement cards in this scenario without bowman would be quite useless as well as Nivellen (we already got the maximum damage from the two Pit Traps), this is still bound to loose.

In this situation bowmen will deals damage only if enemy have 9 or higher unit which is not that common nowadays.
All other movement unit can still be used on the 3 power elves that get +2 every time they move or you can move the unit he will spawn into the pit trap for a 3 damage.
Im not a fan of Nivellen I prefer Sheldon because its easier to line up your units than line up the enemy ones :)
As I said, bowmen is nice damage addiction, but if you don t have them (or if they get removed if is quite easy as they are 7 power), movement decks still have some back up plans

iamthedave;n10656031 said:
Henselt expresses great dissatisfaction when you drop Pit Trap on the row where all his crew/vehicles are living.

Not really, siege masters will heal the damage vehicles nullifying the damages done by pit trap, you wont even deny the crew effect cause ronvid will still be near the machines. And some guys are running keadwen sergeant which will dispel pit trap for 0 damage (armor will absorb the 3 damage for putting the sergeant on the row)

Beernchips;n10656081 said:
In this situation bowmen will deals damage only if enemy have 9 or higher unit which is not that common nowadays.
All other movement unit can still be used on the 3 power elves that get +2 every time they move or you can move the unit he will spawn into the pit trap for a 3 damage.
Im not a fan of Nivellen I prefer Sheldon because its easier to line up your units than line up the enemy ones :)
As I said, bowmen is nice damage addiction, but if you don t have them (or if they get removed if is quite easy as they are 7 power), movement decks still have some back up plans

Not really, siege masters will heal the damage vehicles nullifying the damages done by pit trap, you wont even deny the crew effect cause ronvid will still be near the machines. And some guys are running keadwen sergeant which will dispel pit trap for 0 damage (armor will absorb the 3 damage for putting the sergeant on the row)

Incorrect. Siege guys do heal, but they can't do that once they're on the board. You wait until he's already got 4 or 5 on the field and then do it. If he then Henselts his only options are to build on a new row with only one crew trigger or eat -3 damage on everything played onto his preferred row. And if he does the former you can drag them into the Trap for big damage. It's a pain, speaking as someone who's been on both sides.

Though yes, Kaedwen sergeant is a pain. But that's not actually an argument. Kaedweni sergeant is a tempo loss in this instance because the damage is already done. He might have got his row back, but he didn't get back the 9-15 damage you already caused there.

It is good to remember that sometimes it being a hazard is actually detrimental, because a Clear Skies will not only clear the hazard, but heal every single unit you damaged by 2.

This is single-handed the main reason why Blood Moon is unplayable right now. A mage with Clear Skies will not only negate your whole strategy moving forward, but also all the damage you've already done.

If CDPR wants to have more cool and different hazard effects like Pit Trap and Blood Moon in the future, they really need to change how Clear Skies work.

I personally use Brouver in my movement deck, however I haven't really tried it. It could give you access to Iris if you use her, or Gale. In general Brouver is a strong leader

It may be time to revert clear skies. I don't think that +2 health is needed anymore, when basically all weather is a tempo loss and its value is mostly in synergy than in actual damage (save gold weather, of course)

The 2 heal should stay on First light but not on the silver mages. It should give a better choice than always going silver mage if you fear weather

The whole point of pit trap is using it with movmenent cards. Alone is not much stronger than lacerate, just negates a row and/or removes a boon from that row..

Few posts deleted. Please keep things civilized, respectful and constructive, even if you don't agree with others.

Everyone has right to express their opinions, as long as that has been done by following the forum rules. Do not make things personal. Thank you.

If anything, this thread has gone from me hating the concept of an opponent being able to move my cards, to experimenting with movement cards

Top Bottom