First one to pass still get first turn?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
First one to pass still get first turn?

What is up with being the first one to pass and you still need to start the next turn?

If you go second in round 1 and pass on even points, you'll go first in round 2.

Other example: if you go first in round 1 and dry pass right away, even if the opponent also passes right away you'll go second in round 2. It would be pretty punishing if you had to go first both times.

Last edited:
devivre;n10790381 said:
If you go second in round 1 and pass on even cards, you'll go first in round 2.

Other example: if you go first in round 1 and dry pass right away, even if the opponent also passes right away you'll go second in round 2. It would be pretty punishing if you had to go first both times.

I had to go first both rounds though.
I opened with Voorhis for a 20 point reveal and passed after my opponent didnt catch up.
He then also passed right away.
And i had the joy of also starting the second round for some reason.

cloak111;n10790391 said:
Whoever won the last round will be the one who goes first in the next round.

This has never been the case, dunno where you got that from.
​​​​​​​Last to pass starts the next round.

I've been operating under the same assumption as cloak111 since after my first few games and can't recall ever having been surprised by who went first when.
Good grief, I do miss a freaking rule book.

Last edited:
TheEpicWhale;n10792951 said:
I opened with Voorhis for a 20 point reveal and passed after my opponent didnt catch up.

​​​​​​​Last to pass starts the next round.
uhm nope, you win the round, you go first next round... always.

I meant passing on even points (sorry for the mistake). If you win the round, of course you have to start in round 2.

Did they change that? I'm positive that I had several games where even points resulted in a new coinflip. Didn't stop to check who started the round or who had how many cards though.

Last edited:
NomanPeopled;n10793451 said:
Did they change that? I'm positive that I had several games where even points resulted in a new coinflip. Didn't stop to check who started the round or who had how many cards though.

I can't recall if it was different at some point. But it definitely makes sense to not let the same person go first twice in case of a draw in round 1.

Sure does. I do remember seeing several r2 coinflips though.
/edit: next project: build a deck that maximizes the odds of a draw. Or ask support, I guess.

Last edited:
When round ended as tie it used to be the same person who started with blue coin to go first again in next round. It was changed though to person starting with red to go first in second round. Change was done quite some time ago - i guess around immunity removal or so.

XD i have been playing this game for over a year now under the wrong assumptions then .... wow
My bad. Guess most game where the 1st one who passes also loses the round in my case???.....

TheEpicWhale;n10795241 said:
XD i have been playing this game for over a year now under the wrong assumptions then .... wow
My bad. Guess most game where the 1st one who passes also loses the round in my case???.....

Not really, it's more the coinflip that makes a lot of games very difficult (the person who has to go first, tends to lose more often). But that's a different discussion :)

Guest 4226291

Last to pass starts the next round.

This is how it has always worked. It’s never been any different. Whoever won the previous round goes first in the next. It’s for balance. Because going first is universally worse, the winner of a round has to go first. If someone who lost had to go first that would be awful and unbalanced. If you won on even cards, the opponent plays -1, then you play a spy and they have to play -2, that would be so unfair.

The fact that you think whoever passes first goes first is incorrect, and it’s hilarious that you think it’s always been like that when it never has.

EternalJxx;n10795481 said:
This is how it has always worked. It’s never been any different. Whoever won the previous round goes first in the next. It’s for balance. Because going first is universally worse, the winner of a round has to go first. If someone who lost had to go first that would be awful and unbalanced. If you won on even cards, the opponent plays -1, then you play a spy and they have to play -2, that would be so unfair.

The fact that you think whoever passes first goes first is incorrect, and it’s hilarious that you think it’s always been like that when it never has.

already admitted my mistake, at least bother to read everything if you reply to something

TheEpicWhale;n10795241 said:
probably down to playstyle. depends on whether the round winner can edge out far enough or the round loser over-commits.

Last to pass starts the next round.

It's interesting that you have been playing so long and has this wrong that whole time.

The question in this thread has been answered. Beyond that, the thread doesn't seem to go anywhere... Thus, time to call it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom