Last chance...

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last chance...

Weeks have gone by since we had any hope of a patch and it seems like an eternity. I quite literally struggle to play one match a day now, purely because I am extremely displeased with how the game is and the choices you have made as a development team.

Well, I have just just watched the video where we are told the next patch will contain premium cards and bugfixes. But that isn't exactly what we want, is it.
I've made many constructive parts and shed my opinion on multiple threads, a few of them receiving a large amount of agreeing comments. Yet I can't even bring myself to type something constructive on these forums anymore because it doesn't feel like you are paying attention. I have given you the benefit of the doubt more than once and you have thrown it down the drain. So all I can say is that if something big doesn't come soon I will most probably stop playing for good.

That's about all I wanted to say.

Don't threaten to leave dude, if you are seriously that unhappy then just take a break or go ahead and go. One player threatening to leave really means nothing.

For me I am still heavily interested in this game but I have a lot of problems with how it's being developed. I to would have liked to have at least seen a balance patch after last season because the game feels stale right now. I haven no desire to play the same exact season all over again. Try to hold your judgment until they finally give us this road map that we have been waiting for. I wish they wouldn't make an announcement for an announcement then have it take this long. It's going on two weeks now that they made that tease and have given us nothing.

StrykerxS77x;n10798631 said:
Don't threaten to leave dude, if you are seriously that unhappy then just take a break or go ahead and go. One player threatening to leave really means nothing.

For me I am still heavily interested in this game but I have a lot of problems with how it's being developed. I to would have liked to have at least seen a balance patch after last season because the game feels stale right now. I haven no desire to play the same exact season all over again. Try to hold your judgment until they finally give us this road map that we have been waiting for. I wish they wouldn't make an announcement for an announcement then have it take this long. It's going on two weeks now that they made that tease and have given us nothing.

You must've started playing yesterday, as my judgement has been held for many months now. Where there is one there is always another... And another... And yet another. A lot of them have already left, the console market is basically dead already. You get the picture. Seventeen wrongs do not encourage a player to stick around because 'this time it might be different'.

It's not like there isn't other card games (or any game for that matter) that you could be playing in the meantime while CDPR is sorting things out. Gwent is really just a waiting game at the moment. Waiting for fixes, updates, balance changes, whatever. Honestly, it IS annoying that it's taking them so long to put out things. On the other hand, I guess whatever is coming will be pretty major. I don't know if it'll be worth the wait but we'll see. Gwent is losing its fanbase pretty quickly, I'd say.

Shadow-Stalker;n10798621 said:
Weeks have gone by since we had any hope of a patch and it seems like an eternity. I quite literally struggle to play one match a day now, purely because I am extremely displeased with how the game is and the choices you have made as a development team.

Well, I have just just watched the video where we are told the next patch will contain premium cards and bugfixes. But that isn't exactly what we want, is it.
I've made many constructive parts and shed my opinion on multiple threads, a few of them receiving a large amount of agreeing comments. Yet I can't even bring myself to type something constructive on these forums anymore because it doesn't feel like you are paying attention. I have given you the benefit of the doubt more than once and you have thrown it down the drain. So all I can say is that if something big doesn't come soon I will most probably stop playing for good.

its just a card game dude... sounds good that you are quitting if it hurts you this much

Shadow-Stalker;n10798651 said:
You must've started playing yesterday, as my judgement has been held for many months now. Where there is one there is always another... And another... And yet another. A lot of them have already left, the console market is basically dead already. You get the picture. Seventeen wrongs do not encourage a player to stick around because 'this time it might be different'.

the number of people playing this game has increased since december and will continue increasing when fresh content comes out

no one likes cry babies and you dont speak for the community

Last edited:
Moderator's reminder to all: Please, respect differences of opinion. There's no need for name-calling.

Shadow-Stalker;n10798621 said:

Didn't they explicitly state there'd be no patch in April? Why are you waiting for something they said they weren't going to do?

Most likely they'll put out a balance patch in mid-May.

Shadow-Stalker;n10798651 said:

You might be accurate in how many are leaving. I'm just saying that I quit threads aren't really meaningful or useful. The devs already know how many players they have and all that.

Edit: Also I started playing day one of closed beta.

Last edited:
Same meta and no new cards for 4 months (10 arena golds is almost dont affect constructed) is not how you must develop online CCG. People will run soon to other projects which are developing dynamically.
Bring Rethaz back, when he was project director, this game has developed, now it stagnates and loosing fanbase.

I have to disagree on the same meta for 4 month. While there are some constants (mainly alchemy) a lot of archetypes weren't really there 3 month ago (deathwish, elves, Greatswords, Veterans, Emhyr-handbuff, Sabbath) or worked not exactly the same way (machines). And we have some leaders who only have one archetype forever (Axeman, Nekkers). Furthermore, with Sabbath and Triss:Telekenesis, the meta definetly changed, even if it were only archetype building and not popularity.
So I don't agree with a "same meta", but a "only slightly changing" meta would be agreeable, which I think is boring enough.

I think a boring meta-game is the problem of any cargame because the cardpool is so limited in the beginning. In fact it only changes by balancing each time (close beta and beginning open beta). I think the guys from CDPR are quite happy with the balancing at the moment and therefore only future expansions will really mix up the meta. Just like in any other cardgame.....
So if it's no fun anymore: take a break :)
And of course come back in a few months and see whats changed.

ZenaRose;n10800011 said:
Same meta and no new cards for 4 months (10 arena golds is almost dont affect constructed) is not how you must develop online CCG. People will run soon to other projects which are developing dynamically.
Bring Rethaz back, when he was project director, this game has developed, now it stagnates and loosing fanbase.

Almost don't affect constructed?

Imlerith: Sabbath had no effect?

Triss: Telekinesis had no effect?

iamthedave;n10800311 said:
Almost don't affect constructed?

Imlerith: Sabbath had no effect?

Triss: Telekinesis had no effect?
This 2 cards do not make the deck an archetype, this 2 cards can be easily replaced by other golds. OFC Sabbath is toxic gold, but its not even in tier 1 decks.

Cards that can create new core archetype is bronzes(axemans, nekkers, dwarfs, ballistas etc). And in Gwent the acute lack of bronze cards. This game needs a lot more bronzes for new archetypes and mechanics, not golds. Now we have ~10 bronzes for each faction and many of them is just 7-deal-4, 3 pull 3+3, weather clear etc. (examples of lazy design).
We need new bronze engine cards, not just point spam or toxic golds like sabbath or telekinesis (just for 7th alchemy 5-deal-13 unbalanced bronze rez)

liezldiezldee;n10798741 said:
he number of people playing this game has increased since december
proof?

I'm trying out TESL right now. There is a free campaign to get into the game, so new player experience is quite nice. Prophecies add to much unnecessary RNG in my opinion though. I like gwent's core gameplay a bit better than TESL so I hope they finally make some good changes, which bring back some fun. Otherwise I'll keep playing other games.

BornBoring;n10800881 said:
I'm trying out TESL right now. There is a free campaign to get into the game, so new player experience is quite nice. Prophecies add to much unnecessary RNG in my opinion though. I like gwent's core gameplay a bit better than TESL so I hope they finally make some good changes, which bring back some fun. Otherwise I'll keep playing other games.

Prophecies are a defensive mechanism against aggro. Play a control deck and you will love them. Alas, most likely you won't be able to because control decks generally have a lot of expensive cards (epics and legendaries).

Having said that, the beauty of Gwent is that all decks are limited to 4 legendaries and 6 epics. Coupled with generous rewards (you can easily get 2-3 packs a day for free), it doesn't take long to create a competitive deck in Gwent.

Moreover, Gwent has the smallest deck size of all other popular digital CCGs. Not only this makes getting a good deck easier, but also improves the consistency of your draws, making Gwent more about skill than luck.

However, because of that almost every match between the select two archetypes is the same. Other CCGs doesn't have that since there's much more variety in card draw and RNG effects. This is what makes Gwent's biggest strength also its biggest weakness, and leads to people creating topics like this one and complaining about staleness.

Honestly, I don't know how CDPR could ever fix this.

liezldiezldee;n10798741 said:
the number of people playing this game has increased since december and will continue increasing when fresh content comes out

BornBoring;n10800881 said:

I'd like some proof, also. As I seriously doubt the playercount went up after the midwinter patch shambled so much is was actually reported on in various gaming news articles.

But maybe I'm just imagining that, maybe it never happened and I am wrong to have revoked my trust... And my wallet...

Just kidding.

ZenaRose;n10800611 said:
This 2 cards do not make the deck an archetype, this 2 cards can be easily replaced by other golds. OFC Sabbath is toxic gold, but its not even in tier 1 decks.

Cards that can create new core archetype is bronzes(axemans, nekkers, dwarfs, ballistas etc). And in Gwent the acute lack of bronze cards. This game needs a lot more bronzes for new archetypes and mechanics, not golds. Now we have ~10 bronzes for each faction and many of them is just 7-deal-4, 3 pull 3+3, weather clear etc. (examples of lazy design).
We need new bronze engine cards, not just point spam or toxic golds like sabbath or telekinesis (just for 7th alchemy 5-deal-13 unbalanced bronze rez)

Sabbath caused the meta to shift quite heavily for two weeks, which is pretty significant. And he literally created a new deck built around him, though it's now a marginal thing you rarely see.

Triss TK has enabled a lot of marginal decks that has added enormous variety to the T2 aspect of the game. Moonlight in particular has moved one step closer to viability, for example.

Sure the game needs a proper content update, but those golds were a reasonable small addition that did have a meaningful impact overall, even if most of them didn't have a huge impact. Dandelion: Poet was massively overhyped, for example

Esmer;n10800901 said:
Moreover, Gwent has the smallest deck size of all other popular digital CCGs. Not only this makes getting a good deck easier, but also improves the consistency of your draws, making Gwent more about skill than luck.
Here is a thought. Because of small deck size and due to enourmous amount of tutors, it is actually too consistent. Add the lowest card amount among all CCG and the fact that the ratio gold/silvers to commons is very high (although there is a limit on how many of them you can but in the deck)? and you will get very stale meta very quick. Removing interesting mechanics doesn't help the situation.

Half-a-Cat;n10801841 said:
Here is a thought. Because of small deck size and due to enourmous amount of tutors, it is actually too consistent. Add the lowest card amount among all CCG and the fact that the ratio gold/silvers to commons is very high (although there is a limit on how many of them you can but in the deck)? and you will get very stale meta very quick. Removing interesting mechanics doesn't help the situation.

That's exactly what I was talking about. Consistency makes the game more skill based than other CCGs, but it also makes it more stale.

Ironically, when CDPR tried to change that by introducing create mechanics, many players thought that's way too much RNG.

Last edited:
Esmer;n10801971 said:
That's exactly what I was talking about. Consistency makes the game more skill based than other CCGs, but it also makes it more stale.

Ironically, when CDPR tried to changed that by introducing create mechanics, many players thought that's way too much RNG.

Or, to put it another way.

Peeps: WE WANT MORE VARIETY

CDPR: *adds create*

Peeps: GOD THIS VARIETY IS TERRIBLE. I DON'T WANT DECKS TO BE UNPREDICTABLE!

Non-snarkily, the problem is that the variety we want is actually not variety, it's viability. We want as many archetypes as possible to be competitive, so we have a varied field to play against. But every archetype is going to fight towards reliability. Problem is that viability is very, very hard, because CCGs naturally pyramid, with a handful of decks being 'the best' and everything else being 'not the best'. The only way to prevent this is increasing homogeneity, which we ALSO don't want.

GWENT is actually in a very tough position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom