Will You Keep Playing?

+
I've been playing everyday, I love the game, but I may stop very very soon.

Reason: Most players are playing with the same decks. It's obvious new (sometimes old) players come to this site, find who posted the best desk of their favorite faction, and play the same cards.... I see it over and over and over.

Just today, as an exemple, I played a few games, 5 of them against Skillege, all playing the combo "Craite Greatsword" and "Dimun Light Longship", all with the same golds, silvers, and bronzes.
Same garbage with other factions, just no creative players anymore.

SirMarkus75;n10838401 said:
Just today, as an exemple, I played a few games, 5 of them against Skillege, all playing the combo "Craite Greatsword" and "Dimun Light Longship", all with the same golds, silvers, and bronzes.
Same garbage with other factions, just no creative players anymore.

Yeah, that's why a lot of people wanted some balancing. We know there's an update coming in May, hopefully it changes the meta up a bit. Otherwise I'll probably quit until Homecoming as well.

Why even play gwent? my opinion

I feel like gwent in its current state isn't worth playing until homecoming or throne breaker release or whatever. too much frustration with bugs, lag switchers, server issues, broken decks, carbon copy netdecking throughout all of ranked, im done until Gwent up's its game, playing ESL in the mean time. alot better much better balancing and development.

TheShift;n10826661 said:
Still plan to play along with other games ..like I've done all along.
I still need to finish out the collection ..namely Nilfgaard and a bunch of Scoia’tael

Plus our friendly games at the Inn at the Crossroads will continue as well.

I forgot about the crossroads, asked you about that months ago. Still playing on ps4 and would like to join up

So what happens with netdecking? Ranked is unbearable. Still playing fun fresh decks when I play, I just have to forget about grandmaster and pro ladder though.. I'd love to see a new balance where netdecking would not be so relevant. This also scares me about the removal of create. It's the only thing stopping all net decks being played. I hate it to sometimes but like I say how much skill is really involved in autopiloting the same deck over and over. I guess we will see when 2.0 launches.

Of course i'm going to play. Needs to horde gold, scraps, powder and duplicates for that sweet homecoming full refund. And then new expansion soon after.
Gotta be prepared.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Just like the OP, im going to stop playing, but only after getting a full collection. Im so close now i can almost feel it - only 5 gold cards left, will probably be able to do it in May.

Then stop and completely forget about Gwent until Thronebreaker, where i'll probably behave like a meth addict after 5 months without a hit...

Mancoon1980;n10862601 said:
I forgot about the crossroads, asked you about that months ago. Still playing on ps4 and would like to join up

The Inn is still open. No need for a reservation

8)

Yeah I'll keep playing (though I play fairly casually and always have). I'll probably play ranked up to level 15-18 most seasons and Arena some too. Once it becomes a grind I'll give it up till the next season.

Sure I'll keep playing. I'm mostly a casual player so I don't care too much about the issues competitive players care, meaning that the game is still fun for me. I've got a lot of cards to craft, lots of decks ideas to practice with and lots of personal records to break (like pushing past rank 19).

Also, I have faith in CDPR and i think that they will do wonderful things for Gwent in these upcoming 6 months, so I wish to be there when it will get released.

I thought, Ikeep playing...but today and yesterday I've lost 4 matches because of last card rng of my opponent. I had enough of this. You play good, you are to win and suddenly exactly a counter from thin air. It's not fair. Create could be fun in the arena, but not in ranked. And... mill is annoying as hell...it was said, it's dead, or what?

1990BW;n10866601 said:
That depends on how you've build your deck

I know...but i don't want to change my deck because of some (rare) mill decks. And I can take a loss from a mill deck, no problem...but last card RNG...no, thanks. Played Consume, clear win in round one, Scorch/Gigni doesn't bother me (i would have won tho). Last card of the opponent: Uma's Curse to Regis...true skill.

bojerbela;n10866761 said:
I know...but i don't want to change my deck because of some (rare) mill decks. And I can take a loss from a mill deck, no problem...but last card RNG...no, thanks. Played Consume, clear win in round one, Scorch/Gigni doesn't bother me (i would have won tho). Last card of the opponent: Uma's Curse to Regis...true skill.

Somehow create often provides the exact card they need, it kills the game for me and will be a dealbreaker if it finds it's way in the final version.

DRK3

Forum veteran
People complain about how RNG Create can give the opponent the exact card he needs for the situation, because those moments are the ones that stick in the memory, they probably forget or fail to notice how surely over 50% of the times the Create of their opponent doesnt help at all.

DMaster2;n10862681 said:
Of course i'm going to play. Needs to horde gold, scraps, powder and duplicates for that sweet homecoming full refund. And then new expansion soon after.
Gotta be prepared.

What would be the good profitable way to do this? Using the dupes, scraps & powder to craft now or waiting it out until the refund period?

With the weather getting nicer I would have played less during summer anyways, because "real life outside and so". But I am pretty sure I'll keep playing on a very casual level, try out other decks not minding when I lose with them. Or use a rainy day for some hours of Gwent. I mean it is not like the game is unplayable, it's just not changing for some months after the May update. So yeah, I'll drop in to play, sometimes more, sometimes less.

LucasKane_qd;n10867821 said:
What would be the good profitable way to do this? Using the dupes, scraps & powder to craft now or waiting it out until the refund period?

Personally, I think you should save every card you get in a keg from now on. Even if you have like seven duplicates of it. You're gonna have so many scraps by October that you'll probably be able to craft a lot of the new cards (if there are any.)

Top Bottom