Anyone sick of Brouver/Ciri yet?

+
time_drainer;n10925135 said:
That's great news, thanks for the update.
Any chance that you also take a look at other known spy-abuse issues (like Thaler to Dun Banners or Hym to Skjall to Udalryk)? :rolleyes:

Nah, those are all fine, of course...

I'm not only tired of Brouver when you reach rank 20 it's only Greatswords, Henselt and other Scoia'Nova decks.

4RM3D;n10925270 said:
You (still) want to use Iris (in a movement deck)?

I would! It's a great combo, and with the movement archetype not super strong, it needs all the help it can get.

god i miss those real arhetypes, sick of braindead point spam. movement was great counter to my eredin last year :cheers:

4RM3D;n10925270 said:
You (still) want to use Iris (in a movement deck)?
First, why not? Second, and most importantly, 100% access to Yaevinn is what people are complaining about. I don't see any reason why Brouver shouldn't be able to pull Iris. It's the unnecessary exceptions/nerfs that concern me.

Barracuda88;n10925387 said:
Nah, those are all fine, of course...

I hope you're being sarcastic because those are not fine. In this bronze powercreep, a -5 point CA spy isn't fine at all. Especially if you add Skellige's ability to put up insane numbers.

Last edited:
HenryGrosmont;n10947581 said:
I don't see any reason why Brouver shouldn't be able to pull Iris.

Logically, there isn't any reason he shouldn't be able to pull Iris. Technically, there is because the game now only makes a distinction between loyal and disloyal units; not between disloyal units and CA spies.

HenryGrosmont;n10947581 said:
It's the unnecessary exceptions/nerfs that concern me.

True, true.

Great read, this thread. Glad it's not just me - I have allowed myself to mellow a bit though. I agree, I never GG anyone playing a deck they've just copied elsewhere. Personally run a Shupe deck and tweak it; two games never the same, win some lose sone, finally got to 19 last night with it and enjoy it because I can change little things and not rely on one particular outcome.

Point is of course it's a video game, right? So there's always a "way" to win. No different to sniping on something like Elder Scrolls with the sneak buff (kill dragon with an arrow....yeah, that works) or similarly sniping with Fallout 4 (killing Swan with two shots from a building). Everything has a system and ways to exploit it. Also people are people - obsession with winning is part of our DNA.

CDPR should be cut a little slack - this is the best free game ever made. I haven't spent anything. I spent £20 on Witcher 3, the greatest paid game ever. I get enraged, but it's hardly CDPR's fault. If not Ciri, it's SK warrior heal (broken). If not that, it's a Viper Witcher (broken). I think CDPR know the issues with the OP cards and will fix them, but there'll probably be new exploits to find afterwards anyway!

From reading this, there's good solutions for sure - you could look to break the factions out further, for example. So ST elves, dependent on leader, or ST dwarves.

However, a better solution that I can see is to make Neutral a faction in its own right. Things like the witchers, Ciri, Cleaver, etc., all sit within that area. It's possible to create a number of bronze units - think about the game, there's bandits, pirates, witches, trolls as well that could form their own merry band, therefore removing the option for Brouver or Barclay to use Cleaver, or Ciri to line up with these guys.

4RM3D;n10947593 said:
Logically, there isn't any reason he shouldn't be able to pull Iris. Technically, there is because the game now only makes a distinction between loyal and disloyal units; not between disloyal units and CA spies.
Actually there is a distinction: CA spies all have the Agent tag (nobody else does), and if I recall it correctly some cards are already referring to "non-Agent units".

time_drainer;n10947920 said:
Actually there is a distinction: CA spies all have the Agent tag (nobody else does)

I know CA spies have an agent tag, but the game isn't actively using that to distinguish those units from other disloyal units, as far as I remember.

time_drainer;n10947920 said:
and if I recall it correctly some cards are already referring to "non-Agent units".

If that's the case, do you have any examples? Because I can't recall any.

4RM3D;n10947944 said:
If that's the case, do you have any examples? Because I can't recall any.
Summoning Circle from top of my head, but maybe also others in the same patch aiming to address the same spy spam issue.

time_drainer;n10947953 said:
Summoning Circle from top of my head, but maybe also others in the same patch aiming to address the same spy spam issue.

Ah yes, forgotten all about that card (precisely because of that change).

not to mention barclay. everyone forgets about barclay when mentioning how broken brouver st is.

Last edited:
I think when Nova came out it was one of the first I crafted from the set. Made a deck to see if I could make it work and then never used her again. It's boring. I went about a month forfeiting when I saw a 26 card deck, just cause I didn't want to see that card anymore. The main problem with it is it can be in every deck, and I hate thinking if they win with it they think they're clever for using it like it's a proper strategy somehow.

mission_deadman;n10950086 said:
I think when Nova came out it was one of the first I crafted from the set. Made a deck to see if I could make it work and then never used her again. It's boring. I went about a month forfeiting when I saw a 26 card deck, just cause I didn't want to see that card anymore. The main problem with it is it can be in every deck, and I hate thinking if they win with it they think they're clever for using it like it's a proper strategy somehow.

No, Nova cannot be in every deck. You try playing Alchemy with Ciri: Nova - you won't do well.

What is ridiculous is that some intermediate players apparently "got the memo" that Ciri: Nova is overpowered and spam it even if it's a bad idea with their deck concept. They know how to play since they don't make obviously terrible plays, and they know something about deck building since they don't run unplayable cards, but they still shove Ciri: Nova into decks that simply are not suited for her as though it's a "proper strategy somehow". I met a lot of such decks on my climb this season. Ciri: Nova greatswords, Ciri: Nova handbuff, Ciri: Nova Foltest swarm, you name it.

The annoying thing about Scoia'tael's Shupe deck is, how effectively it works. The deck has minimal synergies and no concept other than random good value cards + Shupe, and still it works surprisingly well against archetype decks with an actual game plan and strategy. Which in my opinion just shows how insanely good ST is at randomly slamming points to the table. Way too good if you ask me.

I think this factor also plays into why ST is probably the most hated faction right now. Which is really a shame as it also has some very interesting archetypes (movement, spells, etc.), that are sadly just less effective.

Top Bottom