A Moment.. [Appreciation of CDPR's Keg Distribution]

+
A Moment.. [Appreciation of CDPR's Keg Distribution]

Can we just take a moment and appreciate the great way CDPR treats microtransactions and kegs. In other f2p card games you suck unless you have a good deck, and cards are so hard to get, that you are basically forced to buy them.
In Gwent, they say, you know what, here play 3 matches you get half a keg, rank up, and we will give you 3 kegs, watch some great Gwent players play, learn something, and we will give you a card and maybe a keg.
Thank you for doing this great work, keep it up CDPR, never change, nor the way you treat gwent, nor the way you treat Witcher.

Agree for sure, sometimes it's easy to forget how generous the Gwent devs have been and still are, but one should not forget it.

Good to see a post like this, cheers my friend.

I couldn't agree more. I mentioned in a previous post how welcome Gwent makes a new player feel with all the free stuff while also knowing how to keep a player engaged with the rank up rewards, daily rewards as well as quests and challenges. Gwent is really fair to the f2p players.

Gamer_Matt;n10900331 said:
Can we just take a moment and appreciate the great way CDPR treats microtransactions and kegs. In other f2p card games you suck unless you have a good deck, and cards are so hard to get, that you are basically forced to buy them.
In Gwent, they say, you know what, here play 3 matches you get half a keg, rank up, and we will give you 3 kegs, watch some great Gwent players play, learn something, and we will give you a card and maybe a keg.
Thank you for doing this great work, keep it up CDPR, never change, nor the way you treat gwent, nor the way you treat Witcher.

:cheers:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Sorry this might not be the most appropriate thread, but i had to share this, as its unbelievable:

So, i just opened some kegs, from the season rewards. I have barely played ranked, so i had only 6 kegs to open, which is fine since i have almost all cards. So, on the last 2 kegs, i get 2 consecutive golds! Not that impressive? Well, what if i add that just yesterday, the last 2 kegs i opened also had 2 Golds! That makes it 4 Golds in just 10 Kegs, i have never heard of such luck in Keg opening!

Ofc they were all dupes, which kinda makes me curse this luck, as to why i got 0 golds on the +40 Kegs opened on the last Premium Weekend, or why i didnt get this luck when i was actually missing most of the golds, but im guessing that would make me the most ungrateful bastard of all time, no?
:hmm:

The big problem its that most of cards are useless, whats the point in having all the golds.
I do apreciate gwent free stuff but whe you get to level 100 with tons of kegs and scraps they dont matter anymore.
Take them all cdpr and give us weekly balance fixes, i would be more happy.

DRK3;n10901351 said:
Sorry this might not be the most appropriate thread, but i had to share this, as its unbelievable:

So, i just opened some kegs, from the season rewards. I have barely played ranked, so i had only 6 kegs to open, which is fine since i have almost all cards. So, on the last 2 kegs, i get 2 consecutive golds! Not that impressive? Well, what if i add that just yesterday, the last 2 kegs i opened also had 2 Golds! That makes it 4 Golds in just 10 Kegs, i have never heard of such luck in Keg opening!

Ofc they were all dupes, which kinda makes me curse this luck, as to why i got 0 golds on the +40 Kegs opened on the last Premium Weekend, or why i didnt get this luck when i was actually missing most of the golds, but im guessing that would make me the most ungrateful bastard of all time, no?
:hmm:

Funny you mention that about your kegs. I had 9 to open from season end and got 3 golds and 3 silver from those nine, my reward keg from playing 6 rounds also had a gold.

this is 3rd time in my gwent playing time that ill go on a long dry spell ( especially premium weekends ) then got a stack of gold in quick succession.

I quit heartstone for Gwent because in Gwent you can actually have a nice collection by playing, in heartstone the only way is spending thousands of dollars which is disgusting so yea Gwent is awesome in this regard they are not greedy.

Last edited by a moderator:
ManBearPigTroll;n10907881 said:
I quit heartstone for Gwent because in Gwent you can actually have a nice collection by playing, in heartstone the only way is spending thousands of dollars which is disgusting so yea Gwent is awesome in this regard they are not greedy.

I didnt play many card games, but this system was in all of them (MA Brutality, FO shelter is similar, etc.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Btw just earned a gold from kegs which I got by ranking up. Makes me feel like I really, really earned them by ranking up. :victory::yes::wisegirl:

During premium week-end opened around 15 kegs, got 2 premium Golds, playable ones - Ithlinne plus Ge'els. Have to say, coming from Hearthstone, this just feels FRESH)))

Few posts edited.

Please remember to keep your posts civilized. No insults and name calling.

Raunbjorn

The funny thing is that I'm actually more inclined to spend money on Gwent than MTG:A and Hearthstone because I don't wanna support the greedy companies behind them and their F2P model is just atrocious.

rrc

Forum veteran
I had around 12 kegs after the session end and the faction challenge.. I got no good cards from them :(

But after that the daily reward/arena reward kegs gave me 3 golds in quick succession. Premium Adda, SK Leader who can create a clan Silver or Bronze unit and Seltkirk (A day after I crafted him :'().

So, yes, CDPR is awesome. I think I have been playing for a month and a half now, and I own almost all bronze at least 2 copies and decent amount of Silvers and Golds (I also crafted a lot from milling). I have clocked more than 100 hours though!

A true F2P have will always survive and have a good community!

yurki_yurki;n10909911 said:
Plus, got Imlerith:Sabbath as a reward instead of 15 ore/scraps/meteorite whatever. That normal???

It's pretty rare. You can get a random card as a reward. I didn't realize you could get good until I found muzzle. And Tibor in my collection. I've probably gotten 5 gold this way since I started playing. For me one out of maybe 20 rounds end rewards is a random card, usually bronze though

Top Bottom