Disappointed again......

+
Disappointed again......

I really wish I wouldn't keep falling into the same cycle of being disappointed when it comes to this game. They announced there would be one more patch until homecoming and I figured it would be a substantial patch to make the game feel good and somewhat fresh while we wait for homecoming. I am surprised and disappointed that the only changes we are getting is literally what was in the overview video with Burza. It has some good changes but I'm surprised there are so few. While the meta will change a little I feel like it will get stale fast. In a month people will be wishing for another patch and even the players who love the game the most will contemplate stopping until homecoming like so many others have. Well had to get that out. Thanks for reading.

There were some good changes, but I was hoping for some balancing like reducing initial strength of greatswords and the light long ships. They seem to have just enabled that archetype even more now which is very disappointing. I find it a boring deck to play so I suppose my only option is to run a full tech against great swords deck. Ugh. Thanks for giving us something cdpr, I just wish you didn't love skellige so much.

jgolden234;n10954328 said:
There were some good changes, but I was hoping for some balancing like reducing initial strength of greatswords and the light long ships. They seem to have just enabled that archetype even more now which is very disappointing. I find it a boring deck to play so I suppose my only option is to run a full tech against great swords deck. Ugh. Thanks for giving us something cdpr, I just wish you didn't love skellige so much.

I wouldn't assume they love SK. Unfortunately I just have to assume that doing a good job balancing isn't one of their priorities right now. Other factions have been accused of being the favorites before and I'm sure that will keep happening in the future.

I was expecting alot more too. Its a shame really.

Now we're facing several months without anything...

SoSaHer;n10955075 said:
I dunno. The most problematic aspects of create seem to have been tackled for the time being.

What has actually changed about create? I'm not sure because I never used it myself.

Last edited:
AlenCT;n10955192 said:
What has actually changed about create? I'm not sure because I never actually used it.

Well mostly that create could solve any problem at a given time. Need wheather clearance, here you go. Need tempo? here you go. need an engine here you go..

it was gambling for sure, but if you have multiiple bronze cards which filled the role (doppler and elven scout) you were almost guaranteed to get what you needed.

Edit; so yeah they changed doppler and elven scout

SoSaHer;n10955246 said:
Well mostly that create could solve any problem at a given time. Need wheather clearance, here you go. Need tempo? here you go. need an engine here you go..

it was gambling for sure, but if you have multiiple bronze cards which filled the role (doppler and elven scout) you were almost guaranteed to get what you needed.

Edit; so yeah they changed doppler and elven scout

Don't forget Slave Driver and Runestones :cheers:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Yeah, now Create is basically for Golds or Leaders, or if it still exists in bronzes / silvers, its terrible (like the new doppler).

I like these changes, and was already expecting something of this scale, people who were expecting a huge patch clearly are dellusional, as CDPR is focusing on Project Homecoming, which they can't mess up or delay any further (Thronebreaker, im looking at you)

Just to change the ability to create, is already a change for the game.

The issue of exchanging cards only during the match is also important.
The dwarf leader's ability was also great !.

Now I understand, Skellig needs to be balanced!

Feel like people are too negative. This def solves two of the biggest problems with the game. Even as a SK player I think SK is overpowered, but that can be balanced down the road with a few tweaks.

At first I was incredibly disappointed with the update honestly. Then I realized it won't really matter because of Homecoming. Like yeah I wish they had changed a lot of cards, but they probably will with Homecoming anyways. It just feels a little annoying I guess.

OG.laloquaint;n10955774 said:
At first I was incredibly disappointed with the update honestly. Then I realized it won't really matter because of Homecoming. Like yeah I wish they had changed a lot of cards, but they probably will with Homecoming anyways. It just feels a little annoying I guess.

Exactly, Game will be totally different after homecoming so theres no point on fine tuning a dying version, they just got rid of the worst offenders and moved on.

rrc

Forum veteran
Laveley;n10955810 said:
Exactly, Game will be totally different after homecoming so theres no point on fine tuning a dying version, they just got rid of the worst offenders and moved on.

After this last pathetic update, blatant favoritism, I honestly lost hope that they will do a good job in Homecoming. I was really excited about the balancing, but now, I have lost hope. Only time will answer.

rrc;n10955816 said:
After this last pathetic update, blatant favoritism, I honestly lost hope that they will do a good job in Homecoming. I was really excited about the balancing, but now, I have lost hope. Only time will answer.

I lost hope since the end of the CB 2 years ago because i saw that the game was already going on a bad direction back than.

Frankly, for me it was kinda obvious that they would only just tweak some major problems on this update, homecoming announcement was quite clear that they would focus on redesigning for the next 6 months.

DRK3;n10955552 said:
Yeah, now Create is basically for Golds or Leaders, or if it still exists in bronzes / silvers, its terrible (like the new doppler).

I like these changes, and was already expecting something of this scale, people who were expecting a huge patch clearly are dellusional, as CDPR is focusing on Project Homecoming, which they can't mess up or delay any further (Thronebreaker, im looking at you)

IMO it was weird to think that in a time span of something like 7 months they would only give us one tiny patch. I don't think it's a good idea to kill your player base even if you are focused on homecoming. They may as well take the servers down.

Thunderscape;n10955585 said:
I get what you are saying.

But whats the point of a bigger patch that would eat up dev time, if homecoming will change everything?

I don't think that obvious changes would eat up much time especially when it's just one patch. How long has it been since we had a patch? It's already been months and now we will be waiting something like another 4 months. That just sounds horrible for the player base still here.

StrykerxS77x;n10956113 said:
IMO it was weird to think that in a time span of something like 7 months they would only give us one tiny patch. I don't think it's a good idea to kill your player base even if you are focused on homecoming. They may as well take the servers down.

I kinda agree, but we can also take in consideration that maybe they've had booked some locations for the tournaments that they should honor. And those are (I can guess) a lot of money to just throw in the air.

Still no excuse for the lack of hotfixes for some absolutely broken cards/mechanics.

Top Bottom