The Art of Gwent by Dark Horse

+
The Art of Gwent by Dark Horse

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but Dark Horse is supposedly going to release an Art of Gwent companion book, similar to the World of the Witcher compendium, in the first quarter of 2017.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/7/19/12229010/dark-horse-the-witcher-art-of-gwent-artbook

I believe they were selling / giving away them at E3 Gwent booth. Not all from Gwent: TWCG but around 10 different cards. At least for now.

Looking good, didn't realize Dark Horse is doing so much art for Gwent. Interesting indeed.

Will it be printed only in limited numbers or mass produced? Also will I be able to get it in Australia??? Only asking cause I don't want to miss out.

Unlikely since it is being released by Dark Horse. Might as well just go ahead and buy the physical version. Ain't no way you can put DRM on that hehe.

Which is a concern for me. CDPR are quick to advertise themselves as an anti-DRM company. While their games certainly are DRM free, it is unfair for them to advertise themselves as being against DRM, when they clearly are happy to be involved with companies who use DRM. As an extension, CDPR also make themselves a company who support DRM practices.

CDPR keep skirting around giving a clear answer on their stance toward DRM. They try to use the fact they make games as justification for the rhetoric. But, they need to come clean on this. They are either 100% against DRM or, they are not. If they are, then they must prove this by their actions. If they refuse to answer this then, we have take their existing practices as the answer.

regarding the art of gwent book...

i just found out the the gwent art book have been reschedueld for release in september. it was supposed to be in may, so i think it means several possibilities:

1) the books have not been printed yet, so they are adding more recently created and unreleasd as of yet cards to the book.

2) the book is already printed, it contains unrealesd cards, and maybe art from the campaign which will realse around that time.

3) they want to launch it besides the open beta launch that is due "soon"

of cousre there might be so much more cards so there will be a "vol.2" or somthing. but pushing dates is cdpr trademark of polishing/enhancing the product always. so rejoice.

I'd bet on that they want it to release with the game's release and not with open beta. My prediction is May 23rd open beta, and the full launch when the art book publishes in September.

Damn I was so exited to get that in May! I also have the World of The Witcher and the comics, House of Glass etc... and want this in my collection :D

Nice to see that there is an artbook for GWENT. I just started playing the game recently but it has so much beautiful art in it that I whised there would be an artbook. Nice to see it come true.

Yeah..the day they let the pre order out..well..I pre ordered

but I always thought.. "is this going to be like a volume1?"

makes sense they will most likley hold off for release closer to the games release

Gwent:Art Book

Just noticed amazon (prime) has dropped the price of the art book from 40$ to 20$ and gave a new shipping date for September 5th.
It doesn't mention anything now about the pre order bust of Geralt..

I pre ordered back in January.. then it got postponed once or twice,which I'm cool with

But can someone shed some light on this?
Is it shipping sept 5th?
Is there a bust of Geralt still for the pre orders?
if not
is there going to be lIke a collectors edition (for the 40$) that comes with the bust?

it's all mis information on the net now with various dealers

Last edited:
Top Bottom