Is Gwent a pay to win game?

+
DMaster2;n9222711 said:
Let's be honest, every deck costs is fixed. 4400 scraps (4 golds and 6 silvers, which may decrease with starting gold and silvers) plus the bronzes (you will swim into them given enough time). The game is super generous and if anyone think seriously it's p2w he should really feel bad about himself.

I guess I should feel really bad about myself then.

Besides, your comment about swimming in bronzes is delusional in my opinion. Not even considering rares, I'm still pretty far away from completing the common set (I could craft the missing ones, admittedly).

Mirascael;n9229161 said:
I guess I should feel really bad about myself then.

Besides, your comment about swimming in bronzes is delusional in my opinion. Not even considering rares, I'm still pretty far away from completing the common set (I could craft the missing ones, admittedly).
I'm f2p and i have 2.5k dust saved plus other 3k dust available if i press the "dust extra copies" button. You WILL swim in bronzes, given enough time. If you expect to have a complete collection in a month for free you are obviously going to be disappointed.
P.S.: Yep you should really feel bad about yourself my friend ;)

All card games are the same, micro-transactions are "needed" if you want to get 999999 hours of rewards in 1 sec, but I have to say this is the cheapest card game I've ever played, the one I have got the most from milling, the only one I get to choose a card when opening a pack, and definitely the most balanced, at least in the short time I've been playing

p3rkele;n9229151 said:
Every CCG is a pay2win game. The starter decks are horrible and only win against each other. It took ~100 hours for me to get enough cards that I could say I'm really making my own decks. Nearly 300 hours and I still don't have them all.

It's a good thing you don't need all cards to win in this game.

So I don't know how it's so "pay2win"

StrykerxS77x;n9322181 said:
It's a good thing you don't need all cards to win in this game.

So I don't know how it's so "pay2win"

It's not so much P2W as it is easy to wind up in a very unbalanced match. Obviously, someone playing with a starter deck of Magic: TG will not want to compete against someone that has been collecting for 10 years. With the matchmaking working the way it does now, players can wind up in such situations, and it can make the game feel very loaded.

I think once the matchmaking is ironed out, playing F2P will be far less frustrating for some.

I think to make the game more balanced, the devs should take a player's overall win-lose rate, the player's level, and the total amount of cards they have in their collection into account when setting up matches. Then beginners wont get owned so often.

Guest 4021160

You can only scratch yer bum fer free these days.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guest 4021160

HenryGrosmont;n9331771 said:
Good thing I get it for free. It's in the contract...

I am supporting free scratching but I gotta say this. The moment they stop liking you get something between the lines of
"fined. the upward elbow movement was not 45 degree"
or
"you scratched one stroke too much, unnecessary waste of resources yada yada yada "
or
"the cheek wasn't efficiently streched".

Nasty business those contracts are I tell you. gotta read them before you scratch.

Last edited by a moderator:
you do not know English complicated cumbersome game! the best tactic to use a bank card! tactics with basic cards impossible = money factory! this is not the witcher's simple tactical card game !!!

Lelketlen;n9540121 said:
you do not know English complicated cumbersome game! the best tactic to use a bank card! tactics with basic cards impossible = money factory! this is not the witcher's simple tactical card game !!!

At the beginning of Open Beta I bought 30 Kegs. No more. And I have almost all the cards. I have competitive decks in all factions. Gwent is no way a P2W game imo.

They still haven't confirmed anything with thronebreaker though. I feel the game is going to be a lot more p2w as soon as that expansion comes out.

Keago;n9546511 said:
They still haven't confirmed anything with thronebreaker though. I feel the game is going to be a lot more p2w as soon as that expansion comes out.

As long as the new cards from Thronebreaker are balanced in a healthy way, you will not need them to win, and in that case Gwent would not be "p2w" no matter how exclusive the cards might be or not, because obviously, you'll be able to win without these cards as well.

But for now, we can only speculate. We'll see how it goes when the campaign is released :).

Last edited:
Top Bottom